Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for guidance to colocate servers in the us
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for guidance to colocate servers in the us

Looking for some colocation guidance in the us. Which will the best affordable dc for colocation and used hdd supplier. Planning to colocate petabyte scale storage servers. Currently renting servers but need to explore how much can I save after colocation

Comments

• phinphin Member

You can get a full 42U rack with a 1gbit line at HE for $400/mo in Fremont and San Jose, CA
    https://www.he.net/colocation.html

I'm also setting up a datacenter in Sarasota, FL but assuming you'd rather go with people who have been in operation for a while than HE is probably your best bet.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@yaty497 said: used hdd supplier

ebay?

• @phin said:
    I'm also setting up a datacenter in Sarasota, FL

Wait, so you are building your own DC from the ground up?

• @shruub said:

@phin said:

Who doesn't these days? :D

• @shruub said:

@phin said:

He's probably one of those who think that if you put a rack or a few 42U in the garage, you can call it a data center ;)

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@shruub said:

@ phin said:

Who doesn't these days? :D

I heard just using old hardware in residential buildings or in a romanian basement is very profitable!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @bench said:

@shruub said:

@ phin said:

He's probably one of those who think that if you put a rack or a few 42U in the garage, you can call it a data center ;)

Could be. To be fair though, looking at his profile, he looks like he knows his stuff.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@yaty497 said:
    Looking for some colocation guidance in the us. Which will the best affordable dc for colocation and used hdd supplier. Planning to colocate petabyte scale storage servers. Currently renting servers but need to explore how much can I save after colocation

Good day,
    we can get you here in Texas and also where can get decent drives for a good price.
    Send me a message.
    ~Josh