Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spaceberg kisses Hetzner goodbye
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spaceberg kisses Hetzner goodbye

An "urgent" email from Spaceberg was sent out:

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that, after careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue our Dedicated Server services within the Hetzner network. Please be assured that all other services will remain active and unaffected.

If you have received this message, it indicates that you currently have a Dedicated Server hosted on the Hetzner network. We must emphasize that this was not an easy decision. All Dedicated Servers on Hetzner will be decommissioned on March 4th, 2024. We advise you to use this time to back up and migrate your essential data.

The rationale behind this decision stems from a range of factors, including marketing implications. Specifically, Plex’s ban on Hetzner has significantly reduced our sales, rendering this location unprofitable. Additionally, we have encountered numerous abuse cases that were challenging to resolve, not limited to DMCA issues. Consequently, we are exploring more "DMCA Free" server options, which are currently gaining popularity. We also aim to enhance control through improved IPMI access and customer support, which has not met our standards at Hetzner.

What’s Next:

We are actively exploring alternative options within Germany, seeking providers that offer custom solutions and competitive 10 Gbit/s network services at reasonable prices. Our objective is to ensure our offerings remain competitive without being hindered by third-party policies.

Refunds and Migrations:

Refunds will be issued automatically on a pro-rata basis for your most recent renewal. This process will be completed within the next 30 days. For migrations, we invite you to open a ticket with our sales team for a case-by-case review. We will honour a pro-rata refund based on your latest renewal for migrations as well.

Latest Developments:

We are excited to announce the introduction of our Ryzen servers in Frankfurt and E5/EPYC servers in France, complete with attachable block storage. The French location benefits from DMCA leniency and the data is replicated in a CEPH cluster, offering enhanced flexibility. Moving forward, we will focus more on VPS offers and custom solutions, responding to the high demand for hybrid SSD+HDD configurations and striving to reduce costs for our customers.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this transition, please do not hesitate to open a Billing/Sales ticket, and your inquiry will be directed to me. You can expect a response within 5 business days.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our team is dedicated to supporting you through this transition and ensuring that your service needs are met with minimal disruption.

Sincerely,

O. Savickii

CTO

Thanked by 1maverick

Comments

• I'm in the market for a new hot storage box now I guess.

• They were kicked out from OVH before and now leaving Hetzner before they get kicked out as well?

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • @mikewazar said:
    I'm in the market for a new hot storage box now I guess.

Can go to @PulsedMedia or @NetDynamics24.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@Maelstrom36 said:
    They were kicked out from OVH before and now leaving Hetzner before they get kicked out as well?

Abuse complaints hits them hard it seems.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • @Maelstrom36 said:

@mikewazar said:

Can go to @PulsedMedia or @NetDynamics24.

I'm hoping with the influx of boxes they cancel I can get the same box via auction lmao

• VoidVoid Member

Was the hetzner boxes sold unsustainable too like the OVH ones ?

• @Void said:
    Was the hetzner boxes sold unsustainable too like the OVH ones ?

i cant speak for other clients but i am (was) paying slightly less than hetzner was asking at the time

Thanked by 1Void
  • Come on Spaceberg! How come you still don't contact Calin. Its time to partner up

Thanked by 2Calin mrTom
  • @Mikasa said:
    So they were known to be scammers and operated by Canvyy
    then they got kicked from OVH
    now Hetzner
    what next?

People never learn and give these retards money.

in all honesty i got waaay more than my moneys worth. OVH era was stupid cheap regardless of how it ended, then got 4x free months on hetzner because of the OVH incident, plus was then paying less than hetzner was asking in auction when i signed up.

i wasnt around for the canvyy stuff so i luckily wasnt impacted by whatever happened (i dont even know what happened exactly. all the reddit shit got deleted)

on top of the above they sorted me out with some pretty nuts deals over the past few months on their EX and discord deals stuff.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • This guy don't know worldstream?

• @mikewazar said:

@labze is unbeatable. I can’t stop shilling…

Thanked by 1labze
  • @sillycat said:

@mikewazar said:

@labze is unbeatable. I can’t stop shilling…

have had two boxes with them for some time now :-)

Thanked by 2labze sillycat
  • Spaceberg said: Specifically, Plex’s ban on Hetzner has significantly reduced our sales, rendering this location unprofitable.

October 2023.

Spaceberg said: All Dedicated Servers on Hetzner will be decommissioned on March 4th, 2024.

This Wednesday we decided you have until end of Sunday. Weekend? Short time? Huh? It was difficult decision!

Spaceberg said: Refunds will be issued automatically on a pro-rata basis for your most recent renewal. This process will be completed within the next 30 days.

Oh btw. You have until end of Sunday to find new provider, but the money you paid us up-front we have 30 days to return.

--

Serious fucking business.

• It's ScamBerg.

• @spywork said:
    This guy don't know worldstream?

Don’t need the DMCA ignored premium. Hetzner’s network and price is unbeatable when you’re just storing hot backups

• Buy from kids, and this is what you get..

• @Altes said:
    Buy from kids, and this is what you get..

No regrets lol. Realistic expectations go a long way

Thanked by 1Altes
  • @Maelstrom36 said:
    It's ScamBerg.

Lol, seems you have issues to understand what is a scam. SCAM is when provider run away or do not refund you at all. Bad decision and action by Spaceberg - yes, but definitely not a scam.

@Altes said:
    Buy from kids, and this is what you get..

Hmmm, let's remember Dvo (limewave), or NexusBytes?

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • Yoh NexusBytes… that dude wanted to send me pizza lmao

• It's not my business and i will not defend them at all, but it's a good idea to look that there are much more clowns that this :). Before blaming and shouting like aggro, it's a good thing to remember that there are much worse sutuations that are logit scamming thousands of people. Even Apple did that recently with their "FineWoven" covers.

Thanked by 3mikewazar Calin pangkus
  • @mikewazar said: We are actively exploring alternative options within Germany

Ah yes lets pirate on shiny government funded infrastructure

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@JabJab said: but the money you paid us up-front we have 30 days to return.

If we decide to.. It will be decided on a case-by-case basis...

• @kevinds said:

@JabJab said: but the money you paid us up-front we have 30 days to return.

If we decide to.. It will be decided on a case-by-case basis...

You are intentionally taking things out of context. Spaceberg will issue pro-rata refunds for all customers who pre-paid for their service for days not performed. The case-by-case clause refers to customers who opt to migrate to another service offered by Spaceberg and obviously that has to be handled on a case-by-case basis because not all services supported by their Hetzner offerings have appropriate migration paths.

Refunds will be issued automatically on a pro-rata basis for your most recent renewal. **This process will be completed within the next 30 days. For migrations, we invite you to open a ticket with our sales team for a case-by-case review. **We will honour a pro-rata refund based on your latest renewal for migrations as well.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@mikewazar said: I'm in the market for a new hot storage box now I guess.

Need something????? maybe we can help you out. B)

• @host_c said:

@mikewazar said: I'm in the market for a new hot storage box now I guess.

Need something????? maybe we can help you out. B)

PM incoming

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@mikewazar said: PM incoming

:o

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • Here is their "CTO" waffling away

Hi,

After careful consideration, and in accordance with our corporate policies, regulatory requirements and applicable laws, i regret to inform you that as a business unit we are unable to transfer ownership to an individual. This decision is based on our commitment to comply with the internal rules, standards and legal framework that govern our business.

I understand that this may not be the answer you were hoping for and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
    O. Savickii
    CTO

• torrent in Frankfurt? sounds exciting