Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For KVM in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For KVM in Europe

Hello!
I have 5 VPS on OpenVZ and I am looking to migrate one or 2 of them towards KVM.

Would need minimum 1GB Ram and 1-2 TB bandwidth, Centos and Cpanel. It also must allow have the option to create snapshots of the server (like the functionality from Digital Ocean)

I will run a learning portal and will have few videos that will be run from it.
Any recommendations for a good provider/ or offers?

Comments

• Iniz, except the snapshot thing.

• Thanks; I really need the snapshot feature- as there will be continuous changes to this portal and would like to avoid waste of time....

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Check iwStack. It has snapshots and other 'real' cloud features.

Thanked by 1cciprian
  • @Infinity said:
    Check iwStack. It has snapshots and other 'real' cloud features.

How did I forget that?

Thanked by 2Infinity cciprian
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

Edit: sorry missed the subject.

iwStack is probably the best option for you. Just curious though, what's wrong with Digital Ocean?

• @perenate- Thanks - I will try iwStack.
    Nothing is wrong with DigitalOcean so far. I have a droplet with them for testing as well.

• jhjh Member

How much disk space?

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

If providers could have snapshot function (or sth like backup and download) like DigitalOcean & BandwagonHosting, that would be great.

• @jhadley said:
    How much disk space?

20GB would be ok

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@kyaky said:
    If providers could have snapshot function (or sth like backup and download) like DigitalOcean & BandwagonHosting, that would be great.

You can download from iwstack the snapshots and templates if you enabled the feature when you installed from ISO. It must be extractable at creation, otherwise will inherit the characteristic through snapshotting and templating forever. Our templates, except the windows ones, are extractable.

Thanked by 2kyaky cciprian
  • I have placed an initial order with iwstack after researching some more on the internet. I like things simple...so the idea with credits and iwstack currency..seems not so transparent... Also the 30 euro upfront credit for a service I have no idea how will perform ...does not make me very happy. Hope they will compensate with a great service!
    ....Waiting for the order to get cleared (got flagged as fraud).
    Hope it will be what I need.
    @Infinity - Thanks