Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short review of oplink.net (Dedicated Server)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Short review of oplink.net (Dedicated Server)

I've been renting a dedicated server from oplink.net for 6 months or so and have been really happy with the customer service as well as the network quality and reliability. Ryan and his team are helpful and patient with me as an inexperienced Linux user. The pricing is fantastic, especially on the VPSs (I'll be renting one of those soon as well) and uptime has been 100 percent so far.

Wanted to make a quick appreciation post to oplink for being awesome

Comments

• zGatozGato Member
    edited February 28

don't like providers who call 1GB VPSs useless crappy boxes and then proceeds to make a micro plan with 1GB themselves.

to not trigger the shill alert, please provide uptime proof, and invoices that can confirm you've been using them for 6 months or so (obviously hiding all your personal information)

• kendkend Member

@zGato said:
    don't like providers who call 1GB VPSs useless crappy boxes and then proceeds to make a micro plan with 1GB themselves.

to not trigger the shill alert, please provide uptime proof, and invoices that can confirm you've been using them for 6 months or so (obviously hiding all your personal information)

Actually OP doesn’t need to provide anything.

OPLink has been in this business longer than many other providers here in LET you see during the last year. Even some of the providers I talked to personally do have respect for them. They are just low key and a bit picky on choosing customers.

You can just simply keep your mood and miss a solid provider. Or try.

• kaitkait Member

@zGato is right though:

I've used onlink for 10 years now, uptime has been around 20% and I pay 100k per month for my vps.

I dont provide proof because why should I?

• kendkend Member

@kait said:
    @zGato is right though:

I've used onlink for 10 years now, uptime has been around 20% and I pay 100k per month for my vps.

I dont provide proof because why should I?

But I think the question is most of the short reviews posted here are without "proof". And, hey, if there really is something bad, there must have already been a dozen of complaints in the provider's threads. After all this is LowEndTicket support system, isn't it? ;)

• LeviLevi Member

To validate this review and avoid "shill" tag one must present this data:

1. Redacted last paid invoice screenshot;
    2. Redacted last technical or sales interaction ticket screenshot;
    3. YABS.

Without proper data "review" will get stigmatized as community is not naive idiots (?).

• kendkend Member

@Levi said:

3. YABS.

Without proper data "review" will get stigmatized as community is not naive idiots (?).

I will be very glad to see more people shilling OPlink. They are too low-key.

• LeviLevi Member

@kend said:

@Levi said:

3. YABS.

Shillers usually banned and shill services - denounced and/or banned.

• @jammin1911 said: Wanted to make a quick appreciation post to oplink for being awesome

IMO Oplink is a solid, reliable, low-key business-class provider that doesn't usually participate in the marketing madness here on LET, and they clearly don't know how to appeal to most of the skeptical and sometimes snarky LET user base. But that's fine by me. IMO they are one of the best providers here. Keep it on the classy side, Oplink, you're doing fine.

And if Oplink wants to switch gears on their marketing strategy and try to compete with the higher-visibility providers on marketing craziness, that's fine too, but all I ask is that they don't sacrifice their support, and network performance and reliability. I seriously doubt Ryan will do that, however, as my impression of him is that he is not a "circus ring-leader" kind of person. Nothing against circus ring-leaders, they can be great (and there are indeed a few great ones here on LET IMO), but I think people would do best when they are authentic and stay true to their personalities. Ryan is just fine with the steady, professional low-key stuff IMO. We could use more of them here on LET. (And thankfully, there is diversity here on LET, otherwise this place would be total madness.)

@zGato said:

Like I mentioned, they don't know how to appeal to a certain group at LET, and that's fine. The example you gave is a perfect example of them not being marketing experts for this crowd, and they clearly recognize they tripped up a little with their response to you, which maybe you didn't see. In the most recent thread you are referencing about "crappy boxes", when you felt it was necessary to call them out on an obvious contradiction to their own thread title/marketing, Oplink responded to your post with a simple acknowledgement: "Haha!" :

@oplink said:

@zGato said:

@oplink said:
    We just added a new plan: Micro VPS 3900x Useless 1GB Crappy VPS plan for $4.95/mo

fixed it for you ;)

Haha!

In other words, they took it with a sense of humor, they obviously didn't realize they contradicted themselves in terms of marketing messaging, and they haven't repeated that same marketing line since then, AFAIK.

Moreover, the only reason why they ADDED that 1GB plan was due to customer requests in that very same thread, along with requests for an EPYC plan, which they ALSO provided BTW. So actually, the fact that they added the lower plan was evidence that they LISTEN to their potential customers. I don't know about you, but I see that as a good thing.

So maybe you can show a sense of humor too? If not, I understand. It's not a big deal either way. And what would you rather... some provider who promises big things all the time, but doesn't deliver on reasonable requests in a timely manner? Or someone who listened to customers, delivers quickly, and thereby accidentally and harmlessly contradicts a dumb thread title? Ummm, I think the choice is obvious.

@Levi said: To validate this review and avoid "shill" tag one must present this data:

The OP doesn't need to do anything. But yes, it would be nice if the OP shared more info, of course, since people here on LET are consistently calling for proof of everything, and that's the audience here, but the OP specifically said:

@jammin1911 said: Wanted to make a quick appreciation post to oplink for being awesome

In other words, maybe the OP's title could have been different, more like "Quick thank you to Oplink" instead of calling it a "short review."

This is a tough crowd here, skeptical to the bone, which is totally fine too, I'm happy to be here because I've found some great providers (Oplink being one of the gems here IMO).

No offense intended to anyone, hope you all have a nice day!

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@zGato said:

I feel like I was internally justified after rolling that plan back out, all other plans we sell still out pace it. 1gb plans are 'almost' useless for most people these days.

FYI we changed its name from Micro > Basic shortly after adding it.

We renamed most of the plans to create separation from 3900x w/ our 7950x Plus plans.

@jlet88 said:
    IMO Oplink is a solid, reliable, low-key business-class provider that doesn't usually participate in the marketing madness here on LET, and they clearly don't know how to appeal to most of the skeptical and sometimes snarky LET user base. But that's fine by me. IMO they are one of the best providers here. Keep it on the classy side, Oplink, you're doing fine.

We have done some marketing hype here before. I feel it can take away from great support we offer. Its shocking to see some providers don't reply to tickets for 1+ days. My OCD won't would be off the charts if that happened here.

I might have to turn up my troll mode a little.. It can be fun :open_mouth:

Esp picking on 1GB crappy plans! Haha! Double... Triple downing on that crap now!

@jammin1911 @kend @jlet898
    Thanks for taking the time to post/chime in.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • Oplink's problem is that they are not available in Europe.

Thanked by 2jlet88 emgh
  • @tra10000 said:
    Oplink's problem is that they are not available in Europe.

^ this! I would definitely love to try them if they were available in EU.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Levi said:

@kend said:

@Levi said:

3. YABS.

Shillers usually banned and shill services - denounced and/or banned.

Just thought to post the same as it’s very odd that after posting deal on LET suddenly “their customer” remembered to post a review. Very hard to believe and very good timing!

Thanked by 1Saahib
  • @Maelstrom36 said:

@tra10000 said:
    Oplink's problem is that they are not available in Europe.

^ this! I would definitely love to try them if they were available in EU.

Yes, I actually told them once. Maybe in the future..

• @oplink said: I might have to turn up my troll mode a little.. It can be fun

Esp picking on 1GB crappy plans! Haha! Double... Triple downing on that crap now!

I didn't know you had it in you! :D Well it sure will make your threads more entertaining! And I bet it will appeal to more LET users too, who seem to thrive with that.

Respectful reminder, please don't let it hurt the quality of support/service! That part you have down to a science IMO!

Thanked by 1oplink
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited February 28

I was just looking back in my history with Oplink started Oct 2013, I have used there services on and off for over 10 years and currently have colo a couple boxes for the last 2 years.

Oplink - Ryan has been nothing but excellent, professional and responsive in my experience.

Its obvious he is an active owner, cares about his business and puts a great product out for a fair price. These are the type of people you want to work with. I would have no hesitation to recommend them if asked.

• Ryan responded to one of my work orders the day before yesterday, responded promptly, resolved the issue quickly, and gave me a good experience in that regard.

Just expressing this as a matter of fact, I think Oplink is spot on when it comes to friendly and fast support.

• kendkend Member

@acidpuke said:
    I was just looking back in my history with Oplink started Oct 2013, I have used there services on and off for over 10 years and currently have colo a couple boxes for the last 2 years.

Oplink - Ryan has been nothing but excellent, professional and responsive in my experience.

Its obvious he is an active owner, cares about his business and puts a great product out for a fair price. These are the type of people you want to work with. I would have no hesitation to recommend them if asked.

I second this. Ryan is professional and awesome doing what a solid provider would have done.

I simply hope no one is gonna ask you to show proof of using OPLink for 10+ years. LoL

• LeviLevi Member

Topic flagged for mods to request proper evidence. There should be no doubts in a review.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • jammin1911jammin1911 Member
    edited February 28

@Levi @zGato @kait @kend @WebProject I apologize for not checking back here sooner. It looks like I timed my review shockingly well based on some promotion somewhere but I honestly I had no idea about that and still have no idea because I haven't looked yet and I don't really use this site much.

I didn't realize it was a tough crowd here but I don't mind clearing the air, I was just laying in bed and felt like I wanted to show some appreciation to Ryan.

Since some proof was requested, I have no idea how to post images here so here are a few imgur links that should help:

https://imgur.com/pae7XDO

https://imgur.com/vRq8r1u

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited February 29

@jammin1911 said: I didn't realize it was a tough crowd here but I don't mind clearing the air

Classy response! Bravo! B)

Thanked by 1jammin1911