Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will VPS merchants intentionally or unintentionally slow down the processing of AFF withdrawal work
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will VPS merchants intentionally or unintentionally slow down the processing of AFF withdrawal work

jasonxujasonxu Member
edited February 28 in General

This is the first work order, and I have been submitting it for about a month now

Today, I closed my old work order and reapplied for AFF withdrawal because my AFF balance has increased again

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry that’s on me.

Karen doesn’t do billing on buyvm side anymore as she’s been working on the namecrane side.

I’ll try to get you sorted this week :)

Francisco

Thanked by 11nf

We also only do PayPal for withdrawal, Alipay isn’t possible.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    We also only do PayPal for withdrawal, Alipay isn’t possible.

Francisco

oh ,that is ok

• @Francisco said:
    Sorry that’s on me.

Karen doesn’t do billing on buyvm side anymore as she’s been working on the namecrane side.

Francisco

thanks

• @Francisco
    A bit off topic but, Any ETA when namecrane will be released?

@Stevie said:
    @Francisco
    A bit off topic but, Any ETA when namecrane will be released?

March 6th is tentative but it won’t be doing domains for the immediate. I’ll be applying for TLDs that don’t need ICANN pretty quickly.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Sorry that’s on me.

Francisco

Wait a minute... namecrane will soon (tm)bbe brought up, finally?

@noisycode said: Wait a minute... namecrane will soon (tm)bbe brought up, finally?

Yes, for shared.

At this point we've finished all the integration side of things. There's been a mountain of backend work to do. Lots of research on what new plans to build, where to put them, how to import a subset of records from Frantech, etc.

The launch is going to be pretty boring. Cookie cutter Lagom design w/ content Mike has been chugging through. We've been in contact with a designer to get something nice built for us, we'll see what their timeline is like.

New plans, new locations, new nodes.

Francisco

Thanked by 2noisycode hapkido
  • Wow nice, looking forward to launching of namecrane and all the new stuffs! All the best @Francisco !! B)

• @Francisco said: Karen doesn’t do billing on buyvm side anymore as she’s been working on the namecrane side.

Live, Laugh, Love Francisco

Thanked by 1shruub
  • LeviLevi Member

Name fckin crane :D

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 28

@jasonxu said:
    This is the first work order, and I have been submitting it for about a month now

I've been trying to withdraw from @labze since late December, no fucking kidding. Now he stopped answering to tickets. Question → no response. I think I've being decently patient already.

But YMMV. The minimum balance limits to withdraw are often—but IMHO not always—intended to have the affiliates go home and retire before they reach the threshold.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Webhosting24 delayed an affiliate withdrawal request for seven days.
    We accumulated more than $35 of affiliate income over more than three years, meeting the minimum requirement of $28.

The withdraw button was pressed for the first time on 2023-09-01, a ticket was generated, but the ticket vanished after a day.
    We pressed the button for a second on 2023-09-06, a second ticket was generated, but it too vanished after a day.
    We had to manually create a ticket, which was processed after a day.
    In the ticket reply, the owner explained that they had some accounting work to do before the payout.
    We then received the payout via PayPal.

Normally, if the ticket is pending internal work, the ticket would still exist but display as "on hold".
    It is highly unusual for the ticket to vanish, as in, not shown in the account's ticket list and not shown when clicking the link from email.

Other tactics of avoiding affiliate withdrawal include:

• Require withdrawal to SEPA accounts only, making it impossible to receive payout for non EU citizen, other than spending the affiliate income with the provider.
    • Having 100% of the referrals in "cancelled" status, even if the same referred user name appears multiple times over several months. If these accounts were truly cancelled, it's unlikely for them to appear again in next months.
    • Setting many products as non affiliate eligible, without clear labeling.
  • @yoursunny said:
    Webhosting24 delayed an affiliate withdrawal request for seven days.
    We accumulated more than $35 of affiliate income over more than three years, meeting the minimum requirement of $28.

The withdraw button was pressed for the first time on 2023-09-01, a ticket was generated, but the ticket vanished after a day.
    We pressed the button for a second on 2023-09-06, a second ticket was generated, but it too vanished after a day.
    We had to manually create a ticket, which was processed after a day.
    In the ticket reply, the owner explained that they had some accounting work to do before the payout.
    We then received the payout via PayPal.

Normally, if the ticket is pending internal work, the ticket would still exist but display as "on hold".
    It is highly unusual for the ticket to vanish, as in, not shown in the account's ticket list and not shown when clicking the link from email.

Other tactics of avoiding affiliate withdrawal include:

• Require withdrawal to SEPA accounts only, making it impossible to receive payout for non EU citizen, other than spending the affiliate income with the provider.
    • Having 100% of the referrals in "cancelled" status, even if the same referred user name appears multiple times over several months. If these accounts were truly cancelled, it's unlikely for them to appear again in next months.
    • Setting many products as non affiliate eligible, without clear labeling.

Interesting, since they usually respond pretty quick.

I guess they didn't want you to make rich unlimited moneys

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 29

@yoursunny I know for certain that you have never withdrawn one cent from HostBrr :)

Don't ask how I know... But we shall worry not, @labze will look into my withdrawal ticket... Next Week™.

• jasonxujasonxu Member

@Francisco said:
    Sorry that’s on me.

Francisco

BTW, it has been over a week and I still haven't received a response from you

Yes, I know, that's still on me :) Now that we got the namecrane things sorted I can catch up on this tomorrow/friday.

I'll work with Akash and get everyone pending sent off.

Sorry about that.

Francisco

• jasonxujasonxu Member

@Francisco said:

Yes, I know, that's still on me :) Now that we got the namecrane things sorted I can catch up on this tomorrow/friday.

I'll work with Akash and get everyone pending sent off.

Sorry about that.

Francisco

so ? :'( I feel very speechless