Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap ASN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap ASN

Hi vps idlers,

Do you know any cheap ASN registration website a.k.a LIR?

Budget is not much. Just need IPv6 even /48 is sufficient too. Wanna test BGP and routing.

Thanks.

Comments

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

Which LIR?

• tomletomle Member, LIR

If you want to test BGP and routing, https://dn42.eu/Home is free.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • TerranodeTerranode Member, Patron Provider

@Jack_SBE Scaleblade are very responsible, they helped me after another LIR kept me waiting for weeks, they helped me in a few hours

Thanked by 1Jack_SBE
  • @tomle said:

Seems very complex :confused:

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 26

We are working on route69 that will be released on Monday.
    Each member gets a free ASN in the range AS4269000000..4269696969, a free IPv4 /20 subnet, a free IPv6 /56 subnet to start.
    Additional address space can be requested with justification.

All resources are usable in route69 IXP.
    The IXP supports physical connection (member receives a shovel to connect to our FastEthernet switch, please pay $69 port fee at Home Depot or Walmart Garden Center to pick up your equipment) and WireGuard tunnel (free, throttled to 69 pps).
    The routeserver accepts all RPKI invalid routes.

Thanked by 3Hotmarer jkl9 let_rocks

@Zreind said:

BGP is only simple in theory..

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Budget is not much. Just need IPv6 even /48 is sufficient too. Wanna test BGP and routing.

Thanks.

Hi,

i suggest you a post in the "requests" section of this forum with some mentioning of your budget and what exactly you want. Do you already have a BGP partner to test with?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Cool find! Nice to see us being listed there ... :-)

• @layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

i suggest you a post in the "requests" section of this forum with some mentioning of your budget and what exactly you want. Do you already have a BGP partner to test with?

I don't have BGP partner or something else related to this topic. I just want my own ASN and IPv6 and use it via Wireguard on my local machine since my ISP don't give me IPv6 access.

• @yoursunny said:
    We are working on route69 that will be released on Monday.
    Each member gets a free ASN in the range AS4269000000..4269696969, a free IPv4 /20 subnet, a free IPv6 /56 subnet to start.
    Additional address space can be requested with justification.

All resources are usable in route69 IXP.
    The IXP supports physical connection (member receives a shovel to connect to our FastEthernet switch, please pay $69 port fee at Home Depot or Walmart Garden Center to pick up your equipment) and WireGuard tunnel (free, throttled to 69 pps).
    The routeserver accepts all RPKI invalid routes.

That same Monday, when will @cociu come back to us?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't have BGP partner or something else related to this topic. I just want my own ASN and IPv6 and use it via Wireguard on my local machine since my ISP don't give me IPv6 access.

https://tunnelbroker.net/

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

You are not going to need an ASN "just to announce some IPv6 space". Plenty of providers can route you a subnet you can tunnel home, either by slicing their own allocation or announcing your brought along space.

If you are from Europe - just asking because we exclusively have European PoPs - feel free to contact me in private and I'll be happy to try and guide you to get your project going, regardless of whether you would become our customer or not :)

Thanked by 2rsk Zreind
  • layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Zreind said:

Hi,

then just search for a VPN provider that offers you IPv6 space or a tunnel provider or get a cheap vps, install wireguard and use it as your tunnel.

That will give you a lot more offers/options compared to if you are search for IPv6 space and BGP....

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@RickBakkr said:

@Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

You are not going to need an ASN "just to announce some IPv6 space". Plenty of providers can route you a subnet you can tunnel home, either by slicing their own allocation or announcing your brought along space.

If you are from Europe - just asking because we exclusively have European PoPs - feel free to contact me in private and I'll be happy to try and guide you to get your project going, regardless of whether you would become our customer or not :)

Rick's your guy!

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@Zreind said:

@tomle said:

If you can't get it to work in dn42, maybe you shouldn't be asking for public resources...

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

Yeah you don't need your own ASN for that. How did you imagine using IPv6 if you don't advertise it to anyone (BGP partner)?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Zreind said: I just want my own ASN and IPv6 and use it via Wireguard on my local machine since my ISP don't give me IPv6 access.

Wireguard to what?

Start with tunnelbroker.net or similar service (there are a few), if you have a public IP you can be setup for free in minutes. They will give you a /64 and /48. One issue with tunnelbroker.net though is that they don't have any route to Cogent, so trying another service might be good for general usage.

If you have the /48 already, it is possible to setup on a Vultr VPS using a private ASN with them.

Testing and learning about BGP can be done with dns42. I suggest you start there anyways before moving to the public internet anyways.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

If just having v6 is your requirement, generate cloudflare warp wireguard config(with wgcf on GitHub)

Edit allowedips in the config and remove 0.0.0.0/8 and up the tunnel.

You should now have v6 access, if you feel like latency is a bit high with v6, prefer v4 over v6. That way you will be using v6 only when necessary and connections would be preferring v4(native isp)

• @tomle said:

@Zreind said:

@tomle said:

If you can't get it to work in dn42, maybe you shouldn't be asking for public resources...

@tomle said:

@Zreind said:

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:
    Hi vps idlers,

Thanks.

Hi,

Yeah you don't need your own ASN for that. How did you imagine using IPv6 if you don't advertise it to anyone (BGP partner)?

@layer7 said:

@Zreind said:

Hi,

then just search for a VPN provider that offers you IPv6 space or a tunnel provider or get a cheap vps, install wireguard and use it as your tunnel.

That will give you a lot more offers/options compared to if you are search for IPv6 space and BGP....

@kevinds said:

@Zreind said: I just want my own ASN and IPv6 and use it via Wireguard on my local machine since my ISP don't give me IPv6 access.

Wireguard to what?

Start with tunnelbroker.net or similar service (there are a few), if you have a public IP you can be setup for free in minutes. They will give you a /64 and /48. One issue with tunnelbroker.net though is that they don't have any route to Cogent, so trying another service might be good for general usage.

If you have the /48 already, it is possible to setup on a Vultr VPS using a private ASN with them.

Testing and learning about BGP can be done with dns42. I suggest you start there anyways before moving to the public internet anyways.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm behind CGNAT. I can't use 6in4. In addition, there is no provider that provides ipv6 tunnel service with Wireguard except Route48 (retired).

Of course I know the basics about wireguard, I already know how to set up a vps and use the ipv6 address on it myself. The goal here is not to get ipv6 access, just to learn something (by experimenting). It's a hobby. I can already get ipv6 by typing "warp-cli connect".

What is the harm in testing BGP publicly and not locally? I don't understand if you are thinking about the 50 Euros out of my pocket.

The main goal is not to get ipv6 access, but to learn BGP. And I want to do it by experimenting. I have basic knowledge about IPv6.

Thanks.

• sh97sh97 Member

The cheapest LIRs, as sillycat posted above is here - https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/#asn
    I don't think you can find anything cheaper than that.

There is also a (Route48.org) IPv6 discord you can join to get help and learn from other enthusiasts.

Thanked by 1Zreind
  • @sh97 said:
    The cheapest LIRs, as sillycat posted above is here - https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/#asn
    I don't think you can find anything cheaper than that.

There is also a (Route48.org) IPv6 discord you can join to get help and learn from other enthusiasts.

Thanks for informing.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

40€ one time here for RIPE ASN

Thanked by 2Zreind sillycat