Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good options for these specs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good options for these specs?

VPS or dedi, location: somewhere in Europe. A colleague has several web apps between fly.io and render.com and some other hosting here in Finland and wants to migrate everything to a VPS or dedi for flexibility and to save money.

Specs:

• CPU with decent speed for mixed web apps, at least 4-6 cores (or threads in the case of VPS)
  • 24-32 GB of RAM
  • 1 TB of NVME or SSD storage (no spinning disks)
  • 1 Gbit connection

Is there anything not too expensive with these specs available at the moment that is not shitty like Contabo or similar? It would be awesome if I could find something decent for 20-25 euros per month if possible, but will evaluate options. Thanks!

Comments

• Netcup

• @vitobotta said: 1 TB of NVME or SSD storage (no spinning disks)

This makes it impossible. The cheapest I've been able to get a 1TB NVME was from @labze, which was for 2/3 of your budget.

Without that, I was able to find this at @RoyaleHosting:

• Regular SSD is fine

• @sillycat said:

@vitobotta said: 1 TB of NVME or SSD storage (no spinning disks)

This makes it impossible. The cheapest I've been able to get a 1TB NVME was from @labze, which was for 2/3 of your budget.

Image is broken or the domain is filtered by NextDNS. Do you mind sharing a link?

• @vitobotta said:

@sillycat said:

Image is broken or the domain is filtered by NextDNS. Do you mind sharing a link?

https://royalehosting.net/cart/configure/32

• @sillycat thanks. Will wait for other options for now. About @labze you meant https://hostbrr.com/? It seems that the max storage is 300 GB from looking at the website

• @PulsedMedia MD would be pretty good for your requirements even though its using 8th gen Intel CPU and slightly over budget.

i5-8500t 6c/6t 2.1Ghz, 32GB DDR4, 1000GB NVMe, 1Gbps
    27 eur/m

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@vitobotta said:
    VPS or dedi, location: somewhere in Europe. A colleague has several web apps between fly.io and render.com and some other hosting here in Finland and wants to migrate everything to a VPS or dedi for flexibility and to save money.

Specs:

• CPU with decent speed for mixed web apps, at least 4-6 cores (or threads in the case of VPS)
    • 24-32 GB of RAM
    • 1 Gbit connection

Is there anything not too expensive with these specs available at the moment that is not shitty like Contabo or similar? It would be awesome if I could find something decent for 20-25 euros per month if possible, but will evaluate options. Thanks!

Hi,

for 1 TB of storage NVMe or even SSD, 20-25 EUR is quiet very tight.

The best i could do for you is:

6x AMD Ryzen CPU ( 5950X or better )
    24 GB RAM ECC
    720 GB NVMe
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6
    5 Gbit/s Port @ 50 TB Traffic

= 23.99 EUR / month ~ 25 USD

Serverlocation: Germany - Frankfurt/Main

• @concept said:
    @PulsedMedia MD would be pretty good for your requirements even though its using 8th gen Intel CPU and slightly over budget.

i5-8500t 6c/6t 2.1Ghz, 32GB DDR4, 1000GB NVMe, 1Gbps
    27 eur/m

Thanks, doesn't look bad.

@layer7 said:

@vitobotta said:

Specs:

• 24-32 GB of RAM
    • 1 Gbit connection

Hi,

for 1 TB of storage NVMe or even SSD, 20-25 EUR is quiet very tight.

The best i could do for you is:

6x AMD Ryzen CPU ( 5950X or better )
    24 GB RAM ECC
    720 GB NVMe
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6
    5 Gbit/s Port @ 50 TB Traffic

= 23.99 EUR / month ~ 25 USD

Serverlocation: Germany - Frankfurt/Main

Looks good. If you bump the storage to 1TB how much would it be per month?

• Best option is a BeroHost transfer or Prometeus K-Power XXL (15 euro annual billing, 8/32/2000):
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=781

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Also netcup is good.

VPS 4000 G10
    12 vCore (x86)
    24 GB RAM
    960 GB SSD (RAID10)
    80 TB Traffic
    25 eur/m

• @AC_Fan said:
    Best option is a BeroHost transfer or Prometeus K-Power XXL (15 euro annual billing, 8/32/2000):
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=781

Bero Host: I had some issues between October and Christmas so I had to migrate my own stuff elsewhere, but I could try the service again because several people say it's been stable since then. I contacted them and am awaiting for a response.

I am Italian and have heard bad things about Prometheus so I'll pass that one.

@concept said:
    Also netcup is good.

VPS 4000 G10
    12 vCore (x86)
    24 GB RAM
    960 GB SSD (RAID10)
    80 TB Traffic
    25 eur/m

Looks pretty good. Do you know which CPU this VPS has?

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@sillycat said:

Thank you for the mention! if you have any questions @vitobotta feel free to let us know! :)

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @RoyaleHosting said:

@sillycat said:

Thank you for the mention! if you have any questions @vitobotta feel free to let us know! :)

With 6 cores, 24 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage the configurator says 42.48 + VAT, so it's quite above the budget I am looking for.

@vitobotta said:

Hi,

would go up to 29,- EUR / month

• @layer7 said:

@vitobotta said:

Hi,

would go up to 29,- EUR / month

VAT included or excluded? Also how do I order if it's a custom offer?

Hi,

thats all vat excluded. So if you order with an address from within EU, your local vat will be added.

If you want to order, you can just PM me. Its an upcoming product. Can be ordered officially tomorrow or on tuesday. If you need something today, then this offer is nothing for you.

• @layer7 said:
    Hi,

thats all vat excluded. So if you order with an address from within EU, your local vat will be added.

If you want to order, you can just PM me. Its an upcoming product. Can be ordered officially tomorrow or on tuesday. If you need something today, then this offer is nothing for you.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll think about it for a little.

• @layer7 said: = 23.99 EUR / month ~ 25 USD

Oh damn! Can I open a ticket and ask for an offer or do you only do them on LET?

• amarcamarc Veteran

@vitobotta said: I am Italian and have heard bad things about Prometheus so I'll pass that one.

What did you hear ?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal

@sillycat said:

@layer7 said: = 23.99 EUR / month ~ 25 USD

Oh damn! Can I open a ticket and ask for an offer or do you only do them on LET?

Hi,

you can use the contact form on the website ( https://layer7.net ), you can PM us here or you can write an email to info [[@]] layer7.net and we will be happy to make you individual offers any time.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

thanks @concept

Indeed, our MD series is a perfect fit, and it's baremetal and in OP's budget: https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

Tho OP is Finnish as well? So VAT will be added.