Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

colocrossing-chicagovps very very very bad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

colocrossing-chicagovps very very very bad

tanseltansel Member
edited February 23 in Reviews

chicagovps vps service provider under colocrossing. I purchased their vps in Los Angeles on Black Friday last year. So far, it has experienced more than 3 failures. Each time, all my data was lost. Why is it such a big company? , the technical ability will be so poor.

https://www.chicagovps.net/

Comments

• Make a backup :#

• chargeback!

• I had ChicagoVPS for about 10 years. The VPS was decent but the company is on life support, every support request was mishandled. Are they still campaigning to grab more customers? The brand looks EOL to me.

• Even the sound of this is funny. Buying Los Angeles VPS from Chicago VPS.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 23

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Even the sound of this is funny. Buying Los Angeles VPS from Chicago VPS.

And you're not gonna get a VPS at the location you buy it from. They are assigned randomly like Bingo prizes. After a few support requests my VPS spontaneously moved from Buffalo to LA. But the price was good back then, 4 GB, 100 GB HDD for $21 / year, all due to customer support error.

• LeviLevi Member

ChicagoVPS, a HostPapa, Inc. company.

Where is colonuscrosing?

• @Levi said:
    ChicagoVPS, a HostPapa, Inc. company.

Where is colonuscrosing?

ColoCrossing, a HostPapa Inc. company.

Where is ChicagoVPS?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

@tansel said:
    chicagovps vps service provider under colocrossing. I purchased their vps in Los Angeles on Black Friday last year. So far, it has experienced more than 3 failures. Each time, all my data was lost. Why is it such a big company? , the technical ability will be so poor.

Can you please DM us your ticket ID or email address so we can look into this?

• LeviLevi Member

@JabJab said: ColoCrossing, a HostPapa Inc. company.

HostPapa Inc., a EIG Inc. company.

Where is soul?

@Levi said:

Where is soul?

Thats incorrect. HostPapa is not an EIG company.

• LeviLevi Member

@ColoCrossing said:

@Levi said:

Where is soul?

Thats incorrect. HostPapa is not an EIG company.

Correction acknowledged. HostPapa is not owned by EIG (now going by Newfold Digital).

Thanked by 1ColoCrossing
  • @ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

It's been resolved, I was puzzled by the fact that you guys always have this problem, even though I don't have a backup, you can't keep having server failures!

• @tansel said: even though I don't have a backup, you can't keep having server failures!

They can, they will.
    Have a backup.
    3 times didn't teach you anything?

Thanked by 1Lee

@tansel said:

@ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

It's been resolved, I was puzzled by the fact that you guys always have this problem, even though I don't have a backup, you can't keep having server failures!

Glad your issue is resolved. Can you please still DM your ticket ID or email to look into the matter?

• @ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

@ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

Glad your issue is resolved. Can you please still DM your ticket ID or email to look into the matter?

I've sent it to you.

• @JabJab said:

@tansel said: even though I don't have a backup, you can't keep having server failures!

They can, they will.
    Have a backup.
    3 times didn't teach you anything?

I have 8 vps, and there has never been any data loss in the others.

@tansel said:

@ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

@ColoCrossing said:

@tansel said:

I've sent it to you.

Thank you. We are glad its resolved. I have sent a request to technical support to understand what the issue was and will follow up in DM.

• @ColoCrossing is a good company hardware failure can happen any where better you keep your backup off site

• @diwakerd said:
    @ColoCrossing is a good company hardware failure can happen any where better you keep your backup off site

Three times in four months?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • edited February 23

@skorous said:

@diwakerd said:
    @ColoCrossing is a good company hardware failure can happen any where better you keep your backup off site

Sure, it can also happen 120 times in 4 months. There is no physical limit to hardware failure besides the time it takes to deploy new instantly failing hardware.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@skorous said:

@diwakerd said:

Sure, it can also happen 120 times in 4 months. There is no physical limit to hardware failure besides the time it takes to deploy new instantly failing hardware.

Yes I grasp that. Would you consider a company that had hardware failures losing all your data three times in four months a "good company"?

• edited February 23

@skorous said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@skorous said:

@diwakerd said:

Yes I grasp that. Would you consider a company that had hardware failures losing all your data three times in four months a "good company"?

Well, it depends, i guess. It could be an outstanding company but with bad hardware after all.

@skorous said:

@skorous said:

@diwakerd said:

Well, it depends, i guess. It could be an outstanding company but with bad hardware after all.

I suppose .... with failure rates like that I don't like their chances of staying an outstanding company though.....

@skorous said:

@skorous said:

@diwakerd said:

Need to set up high availability if one needs 100% uptime.
    One node only screams for failure.

Hardware failure happens a lot actually, especially with harddisks. Backblaze for example produced a thousand defect drives. If they were storing their data in a large JBOD, thousands of customers would have been negatively affected. Likewise Mainboard/Memory/SSD failures also do happen occasionally, especially at large scale.

We are all about uptime at ColoCrossing and it is indeed somewhat crazy that the one particular node that hosted the customer has had a number of issues which we believe them to be fully resolved. This particular issue today was not a third node failure. We apologize and we have contacted the customer extending an additional courtesy credit to them is an apology for the issue.

• @ColoCrossing said:
    We are all about uptime at ColoCrossing and it is indeed somewhat crazy that the one particular node that hosted the customer has had a number of issues which we believe them to be fully resolved. This particular issue today was not a third node failure. We apologize and we have contacted the customer extending an additional courtesy credit to them is an apology for the issue.

I'm very happy with the outcome and I hope your product gets better and better!

• @ColoCrossing said:

Just logged in to my vps and realized that it's not using the internet properly, for example, I typed youtube inside vps browser and it says no internet.

• https://mjj.today/i/O4jvqD Here's a screenshot of the anomaly

• My machine is not booting properly now, please check again or migrate me to a normal node, it doesn't work anymore!------------------------------I feel like I'm falling apart

• Please request refund. I really can’t use it.