Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server in NY
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server in NY

AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
edited February 23 in Requests

Hi there

I need a server (for now) with min spec as follows in NY. Please let me know the cost and also what facility you're in, as I already have some infra in NY and would like to keep some redundancy facility-wise.

2x 8c 16t CPU (or better)
128GB RAM DDR4
2x 4 TB SSD
1G on 10G port
BYOIP is a must
IPMI/KVM

As I intend to have more than 1 server, would be ideal to have a separate vlan so we can use the IPs over multiple servers. But shared vlan would also work.

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited February 23

Forgot to mention, I would prefer no GSL as upstream. They have a horrible peering and limitations, at least for my needs.

Thanked by 2sillycat OhJohn
  • he already just resells royalehosting, assuming he wants something different

• Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • InterServer.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

I need a server (for now) with min spec as follows in NY. Please let me know the cost and also what facility you're in, as I already have some infra in NY and would like to keep some redundancy facility-wise.

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

As I intend to have more than 1 server, would be ideal to have a separate vlan so we can use the IPs over multiple servers. But shared vlan would also work.

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/12-core-server/amd-ryzen-7900-192GB

We'll beat anyone's pricing in the NYC/NJ area.

Thanked by 1Andreix

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/12-core-server/amd-ryzen-7900-192GB

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Can you beat this? :P

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

The 7900 isn't comparable, it's DDR5, NVMe, and does literal circles around that eBay special.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/2908.2vs5167/[Dual-CPU]-Intel-Xeon-E5-2683-v4-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-7900

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

The 7900 isn't comparable, it's DDR5, NVMe, and does literal circles around that eBay special.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/2908.2vs5167/[Dual-CPU]-Intel-Xeon-E5-2683-v4-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-7900

Yeah, but is overkill for my needs. However, I wanna get something with you for sure.
    Will ping you on discord once I have the exact specs. :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the mention!

@Andreix perhaps our Epyc servers are a fit for your project?

https://www.clouvider.com/dedicated-servers/new-york/

Thanked by 1Andreix
    edited February 23

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Yeah, but is overkill for my needs. However, I wanna get something with you for sure.
    Will ping you on discord once I have the exact specs. :)

We specialize in pre-built configurations and major discounts through automation, the 2 x 4TB will force you into newer territory as we don't typically respec old hardware like that.

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • @Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Hi,
    Where did you get this? I want this also.D

Thanked by 1Andreix

@Noway88 said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Hi,

Well... I can't share... but the provider may watch this topic and contact you if they want. :)

• @Noway88 said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Hi,

Looks like purevoltage

@fluffernutter said:

@Noway88 said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Hi,

Looks like purevoltage

Nope.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@fluffernutter said:

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Looks like purevoltage

Nope, but close to something we can offer. Not quite that cheap.

• @Noway88 said:
    Hi,

Not quite the same spec but you can get that system for $99 with 256GB RAM but 2x2TB SSD with colocrossing.

• @artxs said:

@Noway88 said:
    Hi,

Not quite the same spec but you can get that system for $99 with 256GB RAM but 2x2TB SSD with colocrossing.

Thank you, Yes I saw that:)

Well... looks like the initial provider was unable to deliver the requested configuration so this request is still open...

Should you be able to deliver that configuration in 24-48h max (and not delay it while tring to substitute different features with something worse), please DM me.

• @Andreix said:
    Well... looks like the initial provider was unable to deliver the requested configuration so this request is still open...

Should you be able to deliver that configuration in 24-48h max (and not delay it while tring to substitute different features with something worse), please DM me.

What provider was it?

@fluffernutter said:

@Andreix said:

What provider was it?

Don't wanna disclose, as it may have a negative impact on his potential customers.

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Forgot to mention that 8x 2 TB would also work, instead of 2x 4 TB and maybe 150TB @ 10G would also work for now.

• @Andreix said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Andreix said:

What provider was it?

Don't wanna disclose, as it may have a negative impact on his potential customers.

I think it's responsible to disclose if they're unable to hit target delivery dates, unless there were extreme circumstances that made it impossible to do so.

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Looks cool! I'd be interested too. If the provider is reading this, reach out please :)

@fluffernutter said:

@Andreix said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Andreix said:

What provider was it?

I think it's responsible to disclose if they're unable to hit target delivery dates, unless there were extreme circumstances that made it impossible to do so.

Well... It's arguable. It was nothing extreme, just unprepared staff. They promised 10G internet and it was more like 600-800Mbps, having 10G just inside their network (aka LAN), promised an IP Configuration that they were unable to deliver (or not knowledgeable enough)... etc.
    While I won't say who is it, I see you are recommending them.😇

• webzwebz Barred

@jayjay said:

@Andreix said:

@MrRadic said:

@Andreix said:
    Hi there

128GB RAM DDR4
    2x 4 TB SSD
    1G on 10G port
    BYOIP is a must
    IPMI/KVM

Got this for 99$

Dual E5-2683v4
    128GB RAM
    2 x 4TB SSD
    1Gbps on 10Gbps
    Free IP Announcement
    IPMI

Looks cool! I'd be interested too. If the provider is reading this, reach out please :)

Hehehe, I'm interested too, provider reach me out please.

UPDATE: Location can be Pennsylvania too.

• @Andreix said:
    UPDATE: Location can be Pennsylvania too.

@crunchbits is probably your guy then

Thanked by 1Andreix