Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud • Up to 40% Off Recurring on Dedicated Servers hosted in India or Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud • Up to 40% Off Recurring on Dedicated Servers hosted in India or Australia

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
edited February 23 in Offers

Hello LET community,

We have curated some offers on Dedicated Servers hosted in India or Australia locations. These are recurring and valid for as long as you keep your server.

Available for a limited time only. Refer to the website for full terms & conditions.

Advance-1 Mumbai

• Intel Xeon E2386G- 6c/12t - 3.5GHz/4.7GHz
  • Up to 128GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
  • HDD SATA or SSD NVME options
  • 1Gbps Public & Private Bandwidth
  • Mumbai Datacenter
  • From US$109.99 US$65.06/month

🏷️ Monthly w/ No Commit - 15% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)
🏷️ 12 Months w/ Commit - 25% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)
🏷️ 24 Months w/ Commit - 40% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)

Advance-APAC

• Intel Xeon E2136- 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
  • Sydney Datacenter
  • From US$101.99 US$75.97/month

🏷️ Monthly w/ No Commit - Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)
🏷️ 12 Months w/ Commit - 15% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)
🏷️ 24 Months w/ Commit - 25% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)

*Applicable for dedicated servers hosted in Asia-Pacific:

• Outbound Traffic: Limited and subjected to the quota specified on the server. Optionally, you may opt for unmetered traffic at additional cost.
  • Inbound Traffic: Unmetered
  • Traffic quota resets every month and when quota is exceeded, the outbound bandwidth is capped to 10Mbps

Shop Now

Please choose according to your location:

About OVHcloud

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 40 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Comments

• CybrCybr Member

Would be hard to resist taking the 2 year deal in India if I could add more ram to the server at a later point... Even knowing that it would be a huge gamble with uncertain demand and the poor currency in the country meaning there's a good chance it would end up never generating a cent of revenue.

If the gamble ended up paying off and there was sufficient demand to cover the costs with services in India, 32GB ram would be far too little for me to make use of that hardware and bandwidth, and 2 years is far too long to commit to at the price of increased ram.

• @OVH_APAC do you have GST Registration? GST invoice?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello @Vikasverma , yes we do > @Cybr said:

Would be hard to resist taking the 2 year deal in India if I could add more ram to the server at a later point... Even knowing that it would be a huge gamble with uncertain demand and the poor currency in the country meaning there's a good chance it would end up never generating a cent of revenue.

If the gamble ended up paying off and there was sufficient demand to cover the costs with services in India, 32GB ram would be far too little for me to make use of that hardware and bandwidth, and 2 years is far too long to commit to at the price of increased ram.

Hello @Cybr , you can opt for a month to month (no commitment) on all our dedicated servers. As for the RAM the ADV-1 can go up to 128GB but we have other servers in India with up to 1TB. You may also increase the bandwidth to unmetered.
    Hope this helps

@Vikasverma said:
    @OVH_APAC do you have GST Registration? GST invoice?

Hello @Vikasverma, I believe you are from India? Feel free to message me in PM, we have a GST registered entity in India. Thank you

@OVH_APAC said:

@Vikasverma said:
    @OVH_APAC do you have GST Registration? GST invoice?

Hello @Vikasverma, I believe you are from India? Feel free to message me in PM, we have a GST registered entity in India. Thank you

For Indian business customers with a valid GST identification number, GST is collected by Indian business customers under the reverse-charge mechanism.

For Indian customers with no GST identification number, OVHcloud invoices Indian GST.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hello LET community,

We have curated some offers on Dedicated Servers hosted in India or Australia locations. These are recurring and valid for as long as you keep your server.

Available for a limited time only. Refer to the website for full terms & conditions.

Advance-1 Mumbai

• Intel Xeon E2386G- 6c/12t - 3.5GHz/4.7GHz
    • Mumbai Datacenter
    • From US$109.99 US$65.06/month

🏷️ Monthly w/ No Commit - 15% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)
    🏷️ 12 Months w/ Commit - 25% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)
    🏷️ 24 Months w/ Commit - 40% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$109.99)

Advance-APAC

• Intel Xeon E2136- 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
    • Sydney Datacenter
    • From US$101.99 US$75.97/month

🏷️ Monthly w/ No Commit - Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)
    🏷️ 12 Months w/ Commit - 15% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)
    🏷️ 24 Months w/ Commit - 25% Off + Free Setup Fees (worth US$69.99)

*Applicable for dedicated servers hosted in Asia-Pacific:

• Outbound Traffic: Limited and subjected to the quota specified on the server. Optionally, you may opt for unmetered traffic at additional cost.
    • Inbound Traffic: Unmetered
    • Traffic quota resets every month and when quota is exceeded, the outbound bandwidth is capped to 10Mbps

Shop Now

Please choose according to your location:

About OVHcloud

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 40 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Both offers are valid until March 21st.

• rektrekt Member

@OVH_APAC

Is it normal policy if OVH receives a standard DMCA (unavoidable with user generated content) to put the server into ‘hacked’ mode and essentially seize all control of the server? Making it impossible to unblock via the web panel or api and be locked in rescue mode. While only giving a mere 3hr window between when the DMCA email was received and ‘hacked + locked’ mode is activated?

You’ve essentially put a server into read-only mode, removed all control and made it impossible to deal with the DMCA. No, it is not feasible to deal with using rescue mode and even if it was (it isn't), the server still can't be unlocked without your slow support.

Why are your staff misusing the ‘hacked’ status to take down servers that are clearly not hacked with no guidance whatsoever? Do they not have proper training or is your system that broken?

Your company is doing real damages, revenue, time, resources, SEO etc.

Normal behavior is to simply give the notice and let the admin deal with complying with the DMCA regarding user generated content, like any non-joke hosting company. Not giving just a 3hr window then locking out any admins from being able to do anything.

Then needing to wait 12 hours until your phone support is back online because good luck getting an email ticket response within a month for something critical.

Highly don’t recommend OVH, unless you like needless service disruption and extremely slow support that is only needed to help fix problems they themselves created.

Renting a server from you is not much use if it's entirely unusable and locked.

Anyone considering renting from OVH, make sure to price in the downtime caused by their buggy slow system and support.

Thanked by 1SLMob
  • emghemgh Member

@rekt All these cheap dedi providers sell with no margins to carefully deal with incoming abuse complaints, they might (sometimes) be kind on the first one(s), but don't expect anything more.

Generally, if you risk getting abuse complaints, use a provider with a more hand-on approach, or, sign up for their priority support plans (if it's your own sites), or, their reseller program (maybe combined with a priority support plan, I don't know how that works) if you're reselling their servers.

@OVH_APAC - Do you allow for more flexibility in the abuse process (i.e. more time) if the abusing IP is a BYOIP?

Thanked by 1rekt

Hi @rekt , regarding our abuse policy, you can refer to the following video and documentation on how reports are being processed:

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-faq-account-management?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0054526

Typically, you should have received an email notification from [email protected] to take appropriate action(s). If you feel the protocol was not followed, you may drop us your details in PM.

• rektrekt Member

@emgh said:
    @rekt All these cheap dedi providers sell with no margins to carefully deal with incoming abuse complaints, they might (sometimes) be kind on the first one(s), but don't expect anything more.

Generally, if you risk getting abuse complaints, use a provider with a more hand-on approach, or, sign up for their priority support plans (if it's your own sites), or, their reseller program (maybe combined with a priority support plan, I don't know how that works) if you're reselling their servers.

@OVH_APAC - Do you allow for more flexibility in the abuse process (i.e. more time) if the abusing IP is a BYOIP?

I understand and don't expect amazing support for occasional DMCAs. I merely expect the host does not actively sabotage any potential chance of being able to comply. I.e. Making the server essentially read-only within 3 hours of the received DMCA email and seizing control of the server.

Any website can receive DMCAs, especially illegitimate ones. I received a DMCA for a text only website for a movie, in which the name of the movie was merely mentioned. No links, no suggesting to pirate, no discussing plot or anything that could in any way, shape or form be seen as sharing the copyrighted content.

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @rekt , regarding our abuse policy, you can refer to the following video and documentation on how reports are being processed:

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-faq-account-management?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0054526

Typically, you should have received an email notification from [email protected] to take appropriate action(s). If you feel the protocol was not followed, you may drop us your details in PM.

Could you answer my question regarding if a 3 hour window to handle a standard DMCA, then setting the server to hacked+blocked (for a server that is not hacked) and making the site locked in rescue mode (i.e. essentially read only) is standard procedure?

I gave the scenario, so it would be great if you can tell me if this is the standard procedure and what anyone should expect when doing business with OVH.

The knowledgebase article does not cover this and the video says 'a variable amount of time'. Which is very vague.

Please answer publicly, here, as it would be helpful for this information to be public. Rather than saying to contact support via email.

@rekt said:
    Could you answer my question regarding if a 3 hour window to handle a standard DMCA, then setting the server to hacked+blocked (for a server that is not hacked) and making the site locked in rescue mode (i.e. essentially read only) is standard procedure?

I gave the scenario, so it would be great if you can tell me if this is the standard procedure and what anyone should expect when doing business with OVH.

The knowledgebase article does not cover this and the video says 'a variable amount of time'. Which is very vague.

Please answer publicly, here, as it would be helpful for this information to be public. Rather than saying to contact support via email.

Hi @rekt , on the window I do not have the specificities to share but in order to assist you, we would like to understand the whole situation with your account if you could kindly drop us your details in private message. Thank you

• rektrekt Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@rekt said:

Hi @rekt , on the window I do not have the specificities to share but in order to assist you, we would like to understand the whole situation with your account if you could kindly drop us your details in private message. Thank you

Ok thank you. PM Sent, I will reply here with the outcome.

• rektrekt Member

Any website can receive DMCAs, especially illegitimate ones. I received a DMCA for a text only website for a movie, in which the name of the movie was merely mentioned. No links, no suggesting to pirate, no discussing plot or anything that could in any way, shape or form be seen as sharing the copyrighted content.

Just to clarify, this is an example of a DMCA received in the past. Not the current one.

• rektrekt Member

I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved. The server was changed to 'hacked' mode instead of 'hacked and blocked' mode, allowing control again and the DMCA was swiftly handled. Thank you for your help @OVH_APAC.

Thanked by 2OVH_APAC PineappleM
  • RurikoRuriko Member

Any plans for a flash sale for the kimsufi range in any location soon? since the closure of servers located in RBX1 datacenter are looking for replacements

@Ruriko said:
    Any plans for a flash sale for the kimsufi range in any location soon? since the closure of servers located in RBX1 datacenter are looking for replacements

Hello @Ruriko , we do have some offers lined up soon. Stay tuned to our social media channels. :)

Thanked by 1Ruriko