Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote play with Moonlight on a gamer computer and use it local simultaneous
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remote play with Moonlight on a gamer computer and use it local simultaneous

Hi all!

My friend has a gamer computer. It has decent resources, so he want to do the simultaneous usage.
It has only a strong Nvidia GPU and an AMD Ryzen CPU, without integrated graphics. He would like to allow his brother to play games over Moonlight, and he want to do the everyday tasks that are do not require high performance (web browsing, VsCode etc.).

Is there any solution for this problem? I suggested RDP with hack to allow the remote and local usage, but Moonlight forwards the entire desktop, not a session.

Comments

• r3kr3k Member

The easiest solution would be to Setup a VM + Parsec/Moonlight or something.
    The only drawback is that some games with anti-cheats will probably not work.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 18

@adns said:
    Hi all!

My friend has a gamer computer. It has decent resources, so he want to do the simultaneous usage.
    It has only a strong Nvidia GPU and an AMD Ryzen CPU, without integrated graphics. He would like to allow his brother to play games over Moonlight, and he want to do the everyday tasks that are do not require high performance (web browsing, VsCode etc.).

Is there any solution for this problem? I suggested RDP with hack to allow the remote and local usage, but Moonlight forwards the entire desktop, not a session.

Linus tech tips did multiple gamers single PC videos in the past.

Its mostly Unraid running from USB drive and one or more GPU's shared between VMs

Then you just use Parsec/Moonlight into one VM while you play on local with another.

Fairly easy to do with Unraid GUI.

You just need to assign parts of the CPU cores and GPU and specific physical ports (dvi/hdmi/usb) to specific VMs and plug two sets of everything, unless the other is remote use only.

• You can try Aster PC