Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xeroz.Tech Shutdown
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xeroz.Tech Shutdown

sh97sh97 Member

Just received an email from them

Dear Xeroz.tech Customers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you today with some important news regarding the future of our services.

Due to personal issues affecting my mental health and private life, I have made the difficult decision to discontinue Xeroz services effective immediately. I understand this may come as a disappointment and inconvenience, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

However, I am pleased to announce that our official partner, Directnode, will be stepping in to continue providing the same services you have come to rely on, at the same price and location. This transition ensures minimal disruption to your operations, and I am confident that Directnode will maintain the high standards of service that we have always strived for at Xeroz.

In order to facilitate this transition, please be aware that all virtual machines (VMs) will be turned off tomorrow at 22:00 (local time). I urge you to take the necessary steps to backup your data as soon as possible. If you wish to continue your service with Directnode, please email [email protected] with your invoice ID and VM ID if applicable.

Services that can be continued with Directnode include VPS, gaming (Minecraft, Gmod, etc.), and web hosting. Additionally, all customers who have purchased GPC (Gaming Performance Control) can file for a refund, which will be promptly processed.

I understand the inconvenience this may cause and I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for your support and loyalty throughout our journey together. Your understanding during this transition period is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or concerns about the transfer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. Our team is here to assist you in any way we can. If there is anything you would like to ask me, feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,

Patrick H
Chief Executive Officer

While the heads-up is nice, it is strange they ran a sale 3 days back.

15 Feb 2024, 19:14
Valentines Day SALE & GPC Update

Xeroz wishes you a great Valentines and is here to provide you

some amazing deals as always ;)

💖 LATE VALENTINES DEAL:

We're spreading the love with our unbeatable Valentine's deal! We're bringing back our highly popular 1.50EUR VPS services for a limited time only. Enjoy this fantastic discount until you decide to cancel your service. Hurry, this offer won't last long, and it's exclusive to a limited number of users!

Coupon Code: VALDAY2024
Offer Ends: 17/02/2024

🚀 GPC Update:

We understand the anticipation for GPC-3 has been challenging, and we're actively working to resolve the delay as quickly as possible. While we don't have a fixed timeframe yet, we're committed to keeping you updated every step of the way. For customers who have purchased GPC-3 and are eagerly waiting, you can claim a free GPC-1 machine in the meantime until GPC-3 is launched. (E-mail [email protected])

Plus, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, we're thrilled to unveil a heartwarming offer:

🎉 Special Offer on GPC-1: Enjoy a phenomenal 50% discount on GPC-1!

Use Code: VALDAYGPC

Take advantage of these incredible deals and make yesterdays Valentine's Day unforgettable! Spread love, spread savings! ❤️

Best regards,

Xeroz.tech

Comments

• No exit scam? cmon u can do it!

• LeviLevi Member

Exit scam. Tried to milk the last drop and than bam - personal issues.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • I expected this months ago the approach to the customers, service quality and the service provided is very poor so it's no wonder they are going out of business one way or another

• why are so many hosts shutting down, could it be because of colo / dedi contracts ending?

• kaitkait Member

@Levi said: personal issues

Common tactic by dumb people who can't host shit.

• VoidVoid Member

Guess the proposal didn’t go so well so decided to pull plugs in grief

• Dodged a bullet on this one. I am glad I did not buy from them

• LeviLevi Member

@neverain said:
    why are so many hosts shutting down, could it be because of colo / dedi contracts ending?

Few reasons:

1. Scam;
    2. Provide tag ending;
    3. Steam games;
    4. Winter is ending.
  • @neverain said:
    why are so many hosts shutting down, could it be because of colo / dedi contracts ending?

colo market changing, stuff is ending up way higher on renewal. A lot of LE* hosts are kind of stupid and don't factor in vendor increases to their margin. Stuff adds up.

• emghemgh Member
    edited February 18

@fluffernutter said: lot of LE* hosts are kind of stupid and don't factor in vendor increases

anything

• For some weired reasons i didn't receive that email checked on spam also not available

• lowenduser1lowenduser1 Member
    edited February 18

@sh97 said: I am confident that Directnode will maintain the high standards of service that we have always strived for at Xeroz.

Well it can't get worse :D

@sh97 said: Services that can be continued with Directnode include [...]

Nobody could take over their entire inventory and we lost the diversity that came with Xeroz. They were too soon.

• @Levi said: Few reasons:

Scam;
    Provide tag ending;
    Steam games;
    Winter is ending;

.tech domain extension.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@fluffernutter said:

@neverain said:

colo market changing, stuff is ending up way higher on renewal. A lot of LE* hosts are kind of stupid and don't factor in vendor increases to their margin. Stuff adds up.

This is very true. The AI gold rush has had a lot of big datacenters going from cold calling low-hanging fruit like me hoping they could throw a heavily promo'd couple of racks at us to now "Oh, well [startup AI with $10bn in funding] is paying list so...".

It'll eventually swing the other way as it always does when that cools off a bit and they'll come crawling back to me heh heh.

@emgh said:

@fluffernutter said: lot of LE* hosts are kind of stupid and don't factor in vendor increases

anything

Our DC rep stopped giving us monthly food coupons. Going to have to raise Yearly pricing.

Congrats on your first drama thread @sh97 :)

Thanked by 3maverick emgh lnx
  • emghemgh Member

@crunchbits said: Our DC rep stopped giving us monthly food coupons. Going to have to raise Yearly pricing.

Telia seems to have changed policies and now require us to pay their invoices. Going to have to raise Yearly pricing.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@emgh said:

@crunchbits said: Our DC rep stopped giving us monthly food coupons. Going to have to raise Yearly pricing.

Telia seems to have changed policies and now require us to pay their invoices. Going to have to raise Yearly pricing.

• mental health? lol.

• @cybertech said:
    mental health? lol.

Quit it, you're effecting their mental and personal life!

• @CheepCluck said:

@cybertech said:
    mental health? lol.

Quit it, you're effecting their mental and personal life!

my bad!

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

who?

• Summer hosting becomes spring hosting?

• Not really surprising given they were basically an independent branch of their partners company and didn't manage to even superficially get their shit together.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@sh97 said: However, I am pleased to announce that our official partner, Directnode, will be stepping in to continue providing the same services you have come to rely on, at the same price and location. This transition ensures minimal disruption to your operations, and I am confident that Directnode will maintain the high standards of service that we have always strived for at Xeroz.

In order to facilitate this transition, please be aware that all virtual machines (VMs) will be turned off tomorrow at 22:00 (local time). I urge you to take the necessary steps to backup your data as soon as possible. If you wish to continue your service with Directnode, please email [email protected] with your invoice ID and VM ID if applicable.

I'm confused, as this just doesn't make sense... Directnode is taking over the customers, same price and location, but to ensure minimal disruption to customers, everybody's stuff is being turned off tomorrow.

Is that the best BS they could come up with?