Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISP blocking solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISP blocking solution

UchihaUchiha Member

One of our clients is experiencing an issue with accessing our servers due to their ISP blocking the connection. This is affecting not only him but also others in his city. Upon checking the traceroute results, there appears to be no firewall blockage on his IP address. Is there anything that can be done to ensure that both he and his neighbors can access our services?

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Google for "censorship evasion techniques"

• bootboot Member

Google for "Find a Maytag repair man near me"

Thanked by 2tjn CheepCluck
  • BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited February 18

Do you know why they would be blocking it? Is it a misconfiguration or is the government purposely stepping in to block whatever you are serving? This would help to give an answer.

• maybe this is not an isp issue but maybe a geographic issue since you mentioned this?

@Uchiha said: affecting not only him but also others in his city

• ¿ great firewall ?

• @zw1tt3r1on said: maybe this is not an isp issue but maybe a geographic issue since you mentioned this?

Yeah, it is. I wrote it wrong. Multiple ISPs are facing the same issue; even the mobile network is not working. Is there anything that can be done here

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited February 18

@Uchiha said:

@zw1tt3r1on said: maybe this is not an isp issue but maybe a geographic issue since you mentioned this?

Yeah, it is. I wrote it wrong. Multiple ISPs are facing the same issue; even the mobile network is not working. Is there anything that can be done here

None from your side(changing IP's could help, but in a diff subnet), I'm guessing Turkmenistan/China/India?

• @Uchiha said: Yeah, it is. I wrote it wrong. Multiple ISPs are facing the same issue; even the mobile network is not working. Is there anything that can be done here

as was previously said, i think try changing the ip first that isnt blocked in their city
    but other than that, nothing else can be done i think

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

We have this problem with some international customer regions. We try to diversify our IP ranges, some from the datacenters for whatever reason are not filtered while others are and we try until something works. However, the customer knows or should know this is a moving target.

• SillyGooseSillyGoose Member
    edited February 18

Google for "New ISP" or "Nyr openvpn script for VPN"

• @FatGrizzly said: I'm guessing Turkmenistan/China/India?

Yep, it's in the Indian (Kashmir) region

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Uchiha said:

@FatGrizzly said: I'm guessing Turkmenistan/China/India?

List the ISP, Jio? Airtel?
    "The website has been blocked as per order of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under IT Act, 2000." ?

"The website has been blocked as per direction/order of Hon’ble Court." ?

India moment, changing ip's here won't help.

You need to change domains.

• @Uchiha said:

@FatGrizzly said: I'm guessing Turkmenistan/China/India?

Prime Minister is visiting that part of country tomorrow, and Kashmir is generally a problematic area, may be they put some restrictions due to this.
    https://www.business-standard.com/india-news/security-stepped-up-in-kashmir-ahead-of-pm-modi-s-visit-to-j-k-on-feb-20-124021800315_1.html

• @thambyz said: may be they put some restrictions due to this.

My user has been facing this issue for months now. Even Hostinger isn't working for him.

• @Uchiha said: My user has been facing this issue for months now. Even Hostinger isn't working for him.

some sites are blocked in India as per court order on certain ISPs. User may or may not even see the blocked notice. Sometimes its plain blank page, or website not found. You'll have to test extaclty which ISP is blocking. Vodafone/Airtel/Jio either of them. Or you can ask client to use fiber-optic line from non-major ISP (non-telephone company)

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

If only some IPs, not the whole /24, are blocked, try to hide websites on that IPs with Cloudflare or another CDN. Also, you can change the IP for the client every time after blocking if your IP pool is big enough.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Changing IPs is a pain for providers.

First of all - it is an additional support expense to the provider, as the provider should find an unblocked IP.
    Second - no one has unlimited IP addresses, one day all IP addresses will be blocked.

The same situation with Iran, we get requests to change IP addresses every day. Our policy says that we do not change the IP address.

• edited February 24

I lived in China for a bit and learned how to evade censorship. The most common way is to use obfuscated proxies. This works by pretending any traffic to be a normal HTTPS traffic. Then, put CloudFlare's reverse proxy in front of the server then you are good to go. People accessing w/o the proxy configs would just be served a normal webpage to further confuse the scanners. If you need such tools, checkout "xray vless". I've tested that the combination of "xray-tls-vless-websocket-cloudflare" usually works.

Edit: SSH works over the proxy so be careful, and ofc use a different domain. The 8-digit .xyz ones works and is very cheap

• If cloudflare wasnt blocked, perhaps tell them using cloudflare tunnel/cloudflared for access server services.