Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vyatta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vyatta

pedalapedala Member

Hello LET!
does anyone use vyatta?
I am currently using vyos, but being a beginner in bgp, the vyatta interface would help me more.
I kept looking, but the iso from vyatta 6.5 (the last one found), does not have the panel included.
I tried to make an account on ciena but in zander, I get access denied.
Does anyone have an updated iso?

Comments

• amarcamarc Veteran

@pedala said: but being a beginner in bgp, the vyatta interface would help me more

So you think web interface would help you more with thing that 11 out of 10 people/scenarios out there is configured via cli ?

Also, Vyatta is commercial software so probably no free version at all

• @amarc said:

@pedala said: but being a beginner in bgp, the vyatta interface would help me more

So you think web interface would help you more with thing that 11 out of 10 people/scenarios out there is configured via cli ?

Also, Vyatta is commercial software so probably no free version at all

I thought they also have a free version

• There was a free version (Vyatta Core) but I think it was scrapped when Brocade brought Vyatta. VyOS was forked from that.
    I think a Web UI is in the works for VyOS, but i can’t remember where I read that.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited February 20

@pedala said:
    Hello LET!
    does anyone use vyatta?
    I am currently using vyos, but being a beginner in bgp, the vyatta interface would help me more.

Vyatta/VyOS interface is a prompt with a blinking cursor...

If you want a GUI, try RouterOS. Free if you only need 1 mbps and can be installed on most KVM VPSs.

When I was very new with BGP I broke a VPS provider with Vyatta/VyOS.. Stupid bugs..

• @cosmicmyths said:
    There was a free version (Vyatta Core) but I think it was scrapped when Brocade brought Vyatta. VyOS was forked from that.
    I think a Web UI is in the works for VyOS, but i can’t remember where I read that.

there is an interface for vyos, vycontrol., but it is useless.

• ehabehab Member

your profile pic is scary

i was expecting a babe

u make me scared today.

• @kevinds said:

@pedala said:
    Hello LET!
    does anyone use vyatta?

Vyatta/VyOS interface is a prompt with a blinking cursor...

If you want a GUI, try RouterOS. Free if you only need 1 mbps and can be installed on most KVM VPSs.

When I was very new with BGP I broke a VPS provider with Vyatta/VyOS.. Stupid bugs..

Sounds interesting! I also found a RouterOS, which was also based on vyos, but from what I've seen they are physical routers, I didn't search in detail.. I'm going to try it today. thank you!

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@pedala said:
    Sounds interesting! I also found a RouterOS, which was also based on vyos, but from what I've seen they are physical routers, I didn't search in detail.. I'm going to try it today. thank you!

Not at all based on VyOS..

RouterOS CHR is for VPS systems.

• @kevinds said:

@pedala said:

Not at all based on VyOS..

RouterOS CHR is for VPS systems.

I read it wrong, I thought you were talking about routeredge.
    I have a physical mikrotik, but I have to start learning the firewall/nat part, which is totally beyond me.

• amarcamarc Veteran

@pedala said: but I have to start learning the firewall/nat part, which is totally beyond me.

Which you do by learning it proper way.. CLI. No sane/normal future job will offer you position to configure BGB using Web UI

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Instead of wasting your time setting up GUI, spend the same amount of time learning BGP, and you will not think about GUI anymore. Btw, can't imagine how to confiure BGP via GUI.