Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel-DNS only nameservers not resolving
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel-DNS only nameservers not resolving

Rahul_KsRahul_Ks Member
edited February 17 in Help

Hello Folks,

I created two cpanel-dnsonly server and pointing ip to nameservers.
1. cPanel-DNSonly points to 1.1.1.1
2. cPanel-DNSonly points to 2.2.2.2

and created on WHM cPanel server and connected both dnsonly server to cPanel server and enabled DNS cluster on all server.

I created cpanel on server and pointed nameservers but dns is not resolving. I need help if I am missing any part.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Logs logs logs.

• Hi,

I solved the issue by first connecting the server with an API token to the DNS-only server and syncing DNS records. After that, I changed nameserver IP's to cpanel DNS-only servers. Now nameservers are up and running, but I see only one problem. If, in case one nameserver is down, we can do it, only one nameserver will be up. 1 name server is enough to manage DNS records until the 2nd server comes up?

Please give your suggestion. Or Do i need to connected both cPanel DNS server in sync?

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@Rahul_Ks said:
    Hi,

I solved the issue by first connecting the server with an API token to the DNS-only server and syncing DNS records. After that, I changed nameserver IP's to cpanel DNS-only servers. Now nameservers are up and running, but I see only one problem. If, in case one nameserver is down, we can do it, only one nameserver will be up. 1 name server is enough to manage DNS records until the 2nd server comes up?

Please give your suggestion. Or Do i need to connected both cPanel DNS server in sync?

As far as i could recall cPanel use DNS cluster - that mean if one go down, other will continue respond as master DNS. But you should understand that on client side DNS cache exist and due to this requests for dns records may coming to your down DNS server. As result domains will not resolved.