Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a storage dedicated server or VPS. EU. Around 60 TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a storage dedicated server or VPS. EU. Around 60 TB

I'm in the search for a storage dedicated server or VPS—whichever works, as I won't be running any intensive applications on it.

CPU: VPS with at least 6 virtual cores would suffice, or for a dedicated server, an older model E3 or E5 processor would do just fine since there won't be any CPU-intensive tasks.
RAM: 32 to 64 GB
STORAGE: 60 TB. In the case of a dedicated server, this could mean 4x16 TB HDDs configured in RAID-0, since I'm not concerned about data loss for non-critical data. However, I'd still want the root partition in RAID-10 for any essential data that needs safeguarding.
NETWORK: From 2 Gbit/s (preferably at least 5 Gbit/s), with a traffic of around 50 TB.

I had considered Hetzner's SX line, but their 1 Gbit/s network is not an option, and although upgrading to 10 Gbit/s is possible for an additional 39 EUR (with a 20 TB outgoing traffic cap), it's not quite what I'm looking for. Thus, Hetzner isn't suitable for my requirements, just wanna stay outside their network.

Comments

• Not sure what your budget is but andy10gbit offers these with 4x16tb and 6x12tb with up to 10gbps bandwidth. Perhaps talk to him directly if it interests you (https://andy10gbit.xyz)

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited February 17

You need to specify a budget to get offers from providers willing to take you.

I imagine you're looking at least $150/mo assuming $2/TB + extra for the network.

• @PineappleM said:
    You need to specify a budget to get offers from providers willing to take you.

I imagine you're looking at least $150/mo assuming $2/TB + extra for the network.

It will be cheaper and there are options, but out of stock. For example 4x16 with E3 and 32 GB RAM on 10 Gbit/s with 100 TB Traffic for 90 EUR/m.

No specific budget, better to hear providers first, then the price will be reasonable and not "tuned" towards budget.

• Maybe @PHP_Friends can help you with this.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited February 17

@Bennti said:
    I'm in the search for a storage dedicated server or VPS—whichever works, as I won't be running any intensive applications on it.

CPU: VPS with at least 6 virtual cores would suffice, or for a dedicated server, an older model E3 or E5 processor would do just fine since there won't be any CPU-intensive tasks.
    RAM: 32 to 64 GB
    STORAGE: 60 TB. In the case of a dedicated server, this could mean 4x16 TB HDDs configured in RAID-0, since I'm not concerned about data loss for non-critical data. However, I'd still want the root partition in RAID-10 for any essential data that needs safeguarding.
    NETWORK: From 2 Gbit/s (preferably at least 5 Gbit/s), with a traffic of around 50 TB.

I had considered Hetzner's SX line, but their 1 Gbit/s network is not an option, and although upgrading to 10 Gbit/s is possible for an additional 39 EUR (with a 20 TB outgoing traffic cap), it's not quite what I'm looking for. Thus, Hetzner isn't suitable for my requirements, just wanna stay outside their network.

Hi,

bare metal:

HP Server with iLO Enterprise Remotemanagement
    Intel Xeon E5-2670v2 CPU
    64 GB RAM
    4x 20TB HDD 7200 RPM
    Smart Array HW Raid controller
    10G Portspeed with 50 TB Traffic per month
    1x IPv4 / 1x IPv6

Price per month: 149,- EUR
    Price one time: 49,- EUR

Serverlocation: Germany - Frankfurt/Main

OR:

hardware virtualized Server ( KVM ):

6x CPU Cores ( E5-2670v2 CPU )
    64 GB RAM
    60 TB Storage ( N+1 redundancy)
    5G Portspeed with 50 TB Traffic per month
    1x IPv4 / 1x IPv6

Price per month: 99,- EUR

Serverlocation: France - Paris

Theoretically this virtual server could be also in Germany - Frankfurt/Main location if needed

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @Smith42 said: Not sure what your budget is but andy10gbit offers these with 4x16tb and 6x12tb with up to 10gbps bandwidth. Perhaps talk to him directly if it interests you (https://andy10gbit.xyz)

Are you affiliated with him? All of your threads request dedicated servers that he resells, and your description also includes a link to it. Someday, this Andy fellow could simply exit scam, and you would have no one to punish for it since Andy is merely an anonymous person behind a Discord server, not a company, not an individual.

• VoidVoid Member

@sillycat said:

@Smith42 said: Not sure what your budget is but andy10gbit offers these with 4x16tb and 6x12tb with up to 10gbps bandwidth. Perhaps talk to him directly if it interests you (https://andy10gbit.xyz)

Are you affiliated with him? All of your threads request dedicated servers that he resells, and your description also includes a link to it. Someday, this Andy fellow could simply exit scam, and you would have no one to punish for it since Andy is merely an anonymous person behind a Discord server, not a company, not an individual.

• Always shills for Andy
    • Signature links to Andy
      It’s probably “Andy” himself

@Arkas perhaps another BilohBucks opportunity

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @sillycat said:

@Smith42 said: Not sure what your budget is but andy10gbit offers these with 4x16tb and 6x12tb with up to 10gbps bandwidth. Perhaps talk to him directly if it interests you (https://andy10gbit.xyz)

What do you mean? All professionals do their business over discord! (/s just in case)

Thanked by 2sillycat PineappleM