Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with a corrupt provider (c1v hosting)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with a corrupt provider (c1v hosting)

imieeetimieeet Member
edited February 14 in Help

Hello everyone hope you having a great day
So more than a month ago i asked in this forum about providers that suit me for BYOIP in a vps
I compared a few of them and chosed the "c1v hosting"
After testing their vps and talking to them about BYOIP i bought a ip block from ipxo and gave it to them
It took them 1 week to setup the ip to my previous vps
Then after a few testings i noticed the ip is not reachable everywhere and noticed its a problem on the last hop "aka its their side of problem"
Another week goes on without them realizing its their problem not something on my side
At this point that they agreed there is a problem, two weeks has gone and i asked them to stop announcing ip and do a refund
Then third week was mostly "one reply per day" of them not accepting refund and ignoring my request of stoping ip announcement
Its the last week now that i have to pay ipxo for second month because this useless provider doesn't want to stop announcing it and the only thing they say to me every other day is "they are working on it"
What exactly they are working on is another question they are ignoring
So at this point you know what i feel about them, and what would i do if they were in front of me
So now beside making it public so it may help me, what can i do with them?

Comments

• very bad week for c1v

• @neverain said:
    very bad week for c1v

I've never seen them have a good day. It's always back to back problem with c1v.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @neverain said:
    very bad week for c1v

Just saw other people struggling with them too
    They must be banned

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited February 14

Test the services before giving amounts of money or whatever.

• @ascicode said:

I tested their vps before any BYOIP
    It was good, they know how to scam

• Ask for refund

• Shut up and refund your one buck.

Thanked by 1davide
  • davidedavide Member
    edited February 15

Blog–post time!

For a while I pondered on whether this is negligence or detached professionalism. Knowing the Italians I have prejudice for negligence, but the doubt is interesting to me.

I'm selling quite a bit of stuff on eBay and I got fed up with the buyers' demands for an excellent service when I only control few of my own variables and too many are the "Italian-style" externalities, main of which is the cursed lottery with the postal monopoly, the houses not having numbers, the streets without a name, people who genuinely don't know the legal name of their commune, etc. Sending valuable mail in Italy is gambling addiction, and I am the one on the line for paying back damaged or non-delivered packages, not the communist party (ah, it's funny, I'm gonna call the postal-banking-telco conglomerate like that from now on). It is a mismanaged rundown country with high taxes and dysfunctional infrastructure. It is not worth it to get emotionally involved for the little profit that remains after the refunds for the postal losses.

So, flip of attitude, fuck it. My new approach is the spreadsheet one: the precious and unique lives of every Giorgio and Mario and Immacolata and of all my other customers are represented in their fullness by rows of expenses, revenues and refunds on my spreadsheet. If an item on the catalog is more of a cost than a revenue, I flush it, no hard feelings anymore. This sociopathic approach has been working great so far: the buyers and the Italian half-broken infrastructure are tools that can be made to work to some extent, the postal communist monopoly is a large drain on the revenue but most products remain profitable despite it. What's important is to not get emotionally involved and just provide a crappy service when no better service can be provided at a competitive price. I just don't want to care emotionally for something that cannot be cared for, this country is a disgrace to be taken stoically. It is the buyers' fault if they chose to live within a dysfunctional economy, half of which is either monopolized or managed by ministries with vetoed private competition.

Loved when the CBE banker became prime minister and reassured the TVs that this is a serious country.

Eat cake you retards!

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited February 15

@imieeet said: After testing their vps and talking to them about BYOIP i bought a ip block from ipxo and gave it to them

Are you announcing the block to them with BGP or are they taking care of all the BGP stuff for you?

If you are announcing it from your VPS, just nuke your VPS..

@imieeet said: Then after a few testings i noticed the ip is not reachable everywhere and noticed its a problem on the last hop "aka its their side of problem"

It very well could be, but a traceroute showing a problem on the last hop doesn't mean it necessarily is their problem.

BGP and routing in general can be very unforgiving.. haha

If RPKI is involved, stop it on IPXO, the AS-Set and RPKI will be revoked, then the advertisement will be treated as invalid by C1V's up-steams. I did just that to get one group to stop using a block I had leased them.. Within an hour of revoking the RPKI and AS-Set it disappeared from the internet. I stopped using IPXO a bit ago though, and never to lease from them, I don't know what their policies are around that.

@imieeet said: I compared a few of them and chosed the "c1v hosting"

I am curious about one part though..

What methods did you use for comparison and and how/why did you finalize on c1v?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • C1vEndTalk

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @davide said:
    Blog–post time!

For a while I pondered on whether this is negligence or detached professionalism. Knowing the Italians I have prejudice for negligence, but the doubt is interesting to me.

I'm selling quite a bit of stuff on eBay and I got fed up with the buyers' demands for an excellent service when I only control few of my own variables and too many are the "Italian-style" externalities, main of which is the cursed lottery with the postal monopoly, the houses not having numbers, the streets without a name, people who genuinely don't know the legal name of their commune, etc. Sending valuable mail in Italy is gambling addiction, and I am the one on the line for paying back damaged or non-delivered packages, not the communist party (ah, it's funny, I'm gonna call the postal-banking-telco conglomerate like that from now on).

It is a mismanaged rundown country with high taxes and dysfunctional infrastructure. It is not worth it to get emotionally involved for the little profit that remains after the refunds for the postal losses. So, flip of attitude, fuck it. My new approach is the spreadsheet one: the precious and unique lives of every Giorgio and Mario and Immacolata and of all my other customers are represented in their fullness by rows of expenses, revenues and refunds on my spreadsheet. If an item on the catalog is more of a cost than a revenue, I flush it, no hard feelings anymore. This sociopathic approach has been working great so far: the buyers and the Italian half-broken infrastructure are tools that can be made to work to some extent, the postal communist monopoly is a large drain on the revenue but most products remain profitable despite it. What's important is to not get emotionally involved and just provide a crappy service when no better service can be provided at a competitive price. I just don't want to care emotionally for something that cannot be cared for, this country is a disgrace to be taken stoically. It is the buyers' fault if they chose to live within a dysfunctional economy, half of which is either monopolized or managed by ministries with vetoed private competition.

Loved when the CBE banker became prime minister and reassured the TVs that this is a serious country.

Eat cake you retards!

there are always consequences.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 15

@cybertech said:

there are always consequences.

Oh righteous Prophet, you are right, but with Satan I sleep better at night.

Edit: the difference between the approaches is mostly attitudinal, I still maintain the pretext of professionalism and quality, I'm just no longer attached to anyone and anything; my cold fingers type very warmly indeed to my customers. I don't know if the difference in outcomes has improved or deteriorated, but I'm reasoning now that less emotional implies more rational.

• jordijordi Member, Patron Provider

Very bad week for cv1hosting we don't want to give much opinion but I think you should listen to the recommendations

I see many that offer low prices with high plans, maybe some active plans can help you know but it is not profitable, $1 per month plans do not even cover the price of the IP.

cheap sometimes always turns out expensive

Thanked by 1pedala
  • loayloay Member

@davide said: Eat cake you retards!

I suggest banning mediterranean providers

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 15

@jordi said:
    Very bad week for cv1hosting we don't want to give much opinion but I think you should listen to the recommendations

I see many that offer low prices with high plans, maybe some active plans can help you know but it is not profitable, $1 per month plans do not even cover the price of the IP.

cheap sometimes always turns out expensive

I think public subsidies found a way into the coffers. Which would be great if the services were decent. Yet some say that c1vhosting services are decent, but it didn't work for me.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@jordi said: $1 per month plans do not even cover the price of the IP.

I'm seeing the cost of renting a /24 is ~$100/month, $1/month would more than cover the cost of the IP.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 15

@davide said:
    I don't know if the difference in outcomes has improved or deteriorated, but I'm reasoning now that less emotional implies more rational.

No, I'm losing some sales. But I feel that the compromise between fatigue and reward balances better. Considered C1Vhosting's low profits on LET, he might be doing the same, but more.

• tl;dr don't support basement-hoster. I've had 90% bad experience with @c1vhosting
    Including response time, hardware/service delivery etc.
    I learned my lession.

• kaitkait Member

@Fazzil said:
    tl;dr don't support basement-hoster. I've had 90% bad experience with @c1vhosting
    I learned my lession.

They also like to pull prices out of their asses.

• @kait said:

@Fazzil said:
    tl;dr don't support basement-hoster. I've had 90% bad experience with @c1vhosting
    I learned my lession.

They also like to pull prices out of their asses.

Yeah but that's what every professional business does.

• kaitkait Member

@shruub said: Yeah but that's what every professional business does.

Nah if you get a quote that is 5 times above market rate that sounds like a scam, since I can do it myself for 2 times above the market rate and it isn't hard.

• @kait said:

@shruub said: Yeah but that's what every professional business does.

Nah if you get a quote that is 5 times above market rate that sounds like a scam, since I can do it myself for 2 times above the market rate and it isn't hard.

7$ + 100% VAT

• kaitkait Member

@shruub said: 7$ + 100% VAT

More like 5k for something that normally costs 1k or 1.5k if I do it myself (which doesn't cost much time.)

Thanked by 1shruub
  • OP where are you located?

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@imieeet said:

@ascicode said:

I tested their vps before any BYOIP
    It was good, they know how to scam

Just curious, can you share the VM specs and how much you pay for it?

• @c1vhosting kind reminder

• @cybertech said:
    @c1vhosting kind reminder

Subnet has already been de announced as per Customer request on 14th February.

• Its funny that once the provider's reputation is at harm, they only start scrambling to solve that one person's issue.

Assuming that OP was being truthful, it took 3 weeks for c1v to de announce a BGP IP address, and only started prioritizing on it once its reputation is at stake.

What if the user never opened this thread? 5 weeks? 6 months? 10 years?
    They're so goddamn incompetent!

• @listerine90 said:

90 days :smiley:
    (Joke, don’t take it seriously)

• @listerine90 said:
    Its funny that once the provider's reputation is at harm, they only start scrambling to solve that one person's issue.

Assuming that OP was being truthful, it took 3 weeks for c1v to de announce a BGP IP address, and only started prioritizing on it once its reputation is at stake.

What reputation? It's a one man basement provider. The customers are the ones at harm :)

Thanked by 1sasslik