Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's up with Qeru and George datacenter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's up with Qeru and George datacenter?

Some time ago I got a VPS uh from Qeru.
The PayPal invoice was required by George Datacenter for Qeru Systems. Indeed the VPS was managed on Qeru website.
Today I received a mail from PayPal that George Datacenter canceled an automatic payment plan.
I'm now unable to log in on Qeru panel as well on George Datacenter website (that's ok, I'm not aware that I created an account there), but... my VPS is now on Energized Web Hosting control panel.

Do you know what happened?

Comments

• Qeru probably got sold again

• Maybe we should ask @georgedatacenter

• Yep. I put in a ticket and got this reply:

No, we just purchased qeru.net so the previous owner cancelled all of the subscriptions. You will just need to pay us and start a new subscription. No changes to any services or anything else.

There will be an announcement once the merger is complete.

I was just to about to open a ticket about the disk--I'm seeing odd pauses when saving (small!) files, and my munin graphs show the mean disk latency is around 5 ms, which seems really slow compared to other VPSs. (The FIO benchmarks are fine, so maybe storage is network attached or something?) I think I'll hold off until the turmoil dies down, as I imagine they're quite busy with the transition.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 13

@pwned said: I think I'll hold off until the turmoil dies down, as I imagine they're quite busy with the transition.

Qeru was bought months ago (August 2023 at least) so no idea if waiting makes any sense.

// Until you talking about Energized Web Hosting and it was just sold, again.

• Qeru has been sold to Energized Webhosting.

• paging @energizedit for moar details, I guess.

• energizeditenergizedit Member, Host Rep

Yes we have aquired qeru.net Not sure why you would have disk issues, it is the same hardware you've been running on, nothing about the infrastructure has changed.

• I am pleased to announce that the transfer in ownership, of Qeru.net to Energized I.T., LLC, has been completed. Our company will continue to provide the same high quality web hosting support and service.

In addition to these changes your account has been moved to our billing system. We take both credit cards and paypal for payments.

What does this change mean for you? There will be no interruption in your service or support. We only ask that you take the time to update your billing information.

The message as received.

• @energizedit said:
    Yes we have aquired qeru.net Not sure why you would have disk issues, it is the same hardware you've been running on, nothing about the infrastructure has changed.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that the disk had gotten worse! I just signed up a few days ago, and the disk has been 'odd' from the start. Mean latency is about 5x worse than even some of my really low end boxes elsewhere. I need to do some testing to see if I can narrow it down better before opening a ticket.

• energizeditenergizedit Member, Host Rep

@pwned said:

@energizedit said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that the disk had gotten worse! I just signed up a few days ago, and the disk has been 'odd' from the start. Mean latency is about 5x worse than even some of my really low end boxes elsewhere. I need to do some testing to see if I can narrow it down better before opening a ticket.

No problem, just didn't want anyone to think major changes were made or anything.

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • Wouldn't it make sense to get a notification from @georgedatacenter? Seems like a shady deal, just log in here with your credentials from another site.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 14

Normally both @georgedatacenter and @energizedit should send email notifications to customers about something like this. Customers have the right to be informed about who they do business with.

• At the end of the day I received an email
    announcing that the transfer in ownership, of Qeru.net to Energized I.T., LLC, has been completed ... Your vps has been migrated to our infrastructure.

• @default said: Normally both @georgedatacenter and @energizedit should send email notifications to customers about something like this. Customers have the right to be informed about who they do business with.

>
    I agree with this 100%, customers should be informed about any changes in the Company. In this case its a major change, that company has been Sold Off.