Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about root password of Kimsufi server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about root password of Kimsufi server

gappergapper Member
edited February 13 in General

Hello,

I logged into my Kimsufi control panel and performed an OS reinstall: Almalinux 8

Now the system created a user name "almalinux" with a password, all fine. However when I want to login as root, it asks for a password and I do not know which password to use.

What should I do?

Thanks,
gapper

Comments

• edited February 13

If you can sudo, just change the root password to a new one.
    “sudo passwd root”

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 13

Ok that it's wired... when i m try post comment with tutorial I'm receive block from cloudflare...

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • Thank you guys, I got it by doing "sudo -i" and then "passwd". Thanks!

• @Calin said:
    Ok that it's wired... when i m try post comment with tutorial I'm receive block from cloudflare...

Cloudflare on LET has a fucking stupid configuration that triggers on just about anything that looks like shell, php or really whatever type of code. Been like this forever. If you want to post commands it's better to use something like paste.sh than try to somehow mutilate your code to the point where it passes cloudflare's filters.