Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostEONS - MICRO KVM - $12/yr KVM VPS - 10G Port - IPv4 - IPv6- RAID 10 SSD - 9 DC Location - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostEONS - MICRO KVM - $12/yr KVM VPS - 10G Port - IPv4 - IPv6- RAID 10 SSD - 9 DC Location

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@zyxmon said:
    BTW - no public ipv6 is available
    ~# ip addr
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:16:3e:70:85:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 89.117.2.yy/24 brd 89.117.2.255 scope global eth0
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::216:3eff:fe70:855a/64 scope link
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Yes that's because you selected "None" in the IPV6 field in the order form

Want me to allocate IPV6 ?

• @HostEONS - please allocate ipv6.

@zyxmon said:
    @HostEONS - please allocate ipv6.

I've allocated IPV6 to your VPS and sent a new activation email

Your VPs is not reinstalled or changed anything, just email again to included the IPV6 IP

Please reboot your VPS from VPS control panel for change to take effect

Thanks

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@HostEONS said:
    Hi
    Can you please share your ticket ID if backup is broken or not working ? I'll have a look at it and try to fix it for you

I haven't opened a ticket yet, want to collect more information about what is and isn't working with it. See if it happens again.

@kevinds said:

@HostEONS said:
    Hi
    Can you please share your ticket ID if backup is broken or not working ? I'll have a look at it and try to fix it for you

I haven't opened a ticket yet, want to collect more information about what is and isn't working with it. See if it happens again.

Sure feel free to let me know if you face issues

• @HostEONS - Thank you! :D

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • @HostEONS offerings have been solid for me, so I decided to pick one of these up to see what it was capable of.

I was thinking about using the Custom ISO option and installing ArchLinux, but the Debian 10 template is light enough and comes with the bare minimal packages needed for a server setup. On a fresh install, it's only using ~40MB ram; leaving plenty to build off of if you have a specific purpose.

Things are indeed quite snappy, network performance is great, even at 1Gbps (no upgrade yet).

My only concern so far is staying below 25% CPU usage on 1 core, but it should be a fun hobby project to see what one can accomplish within its limits/terms.

Invoice #144825

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #144822
    Please upgrade, thanks in advance!!

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #144827

Thanks!

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #144829

Thanks! :)

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@HostEONS said:

Strict policy on only being able to take and restore three backups in a month, restore seems to delete the backup, or the limit of 'One Snapshot' erased my first backup? Maybe that is why it didn't restore when I used it, and the backup was erased after it finished.

But I am unable to confirm this until 2024-03-11. Support told me they were unable to manually reset the limit, and they are not going to remove the 3 times a month limit because it will affect the performance of the VPS node..

From what I saw, there is no way to download the backup to our own storage..

So, overall, this is a feature to be used sparingly.

For the rest of my review (New York location).. What I said above still stands.. The console is quick, internet connection is 'interesting', if I was to guess, some of their up-links to the world are 1gbps, others are faster.. Depending on the IP I am exchanging traffic with, it can be up to 10 gbps or only 1 gbps. I don't know if this is actually what is going on, just my impression..

Thanked by 1HostEONS

@kevinds said:

@HostEONS said:

Strict policy on only being able to take and restore three backups in a month, restore seems to delete the backup, or the limit of 'One Snapshot' erased my first backup? Maybe that is why it didn't restore when I used it, and the backup was erased after it finished.

But I am unable to confirm this until 2024-03-11. Support told me they were unable to manually reset the limit, and they are not going to remove the 3 times a month limit because it will affect the performance of the VPS node..

From what I saw, there is no way to download the backup to our own storage..

So, overall, this is a feature to be used sparingly.

For the rest of my review (New York location).. What I said above still stands.. The console is quick, internet connection is 'interesting', if I was to guess, some of their up-links to the world are 1gbps, others are faster.. Depending on the IP I am exchanging traffic with, it can be up to 10 gbps or only 1 gbps. I don't know if this is actually what is going on, just my impression..

Hi
    Thanks for your business and basic review

Yup this VPS costs just $1/month hence we cannot allow lot of backups and restores

Generally a user won't keep taking backups and keep doing restores

As for each backup and restore it causes a lot of Disk I/O

and I can assure uplinks are not limited to 1 Gbps, there are lot of factors, even depends upon the target server/IP and also load on existing uplinks

@stxsh said:
    @HostEONS offerings have been solid for me, so I decided to pick one of these up to see what it was capable of.

I was thinking about using the Custom ISO option and installing ArchLinux, but the Debian 10 template is light enough and comes with the bare minimal packages needed for a server setup. On a fresh install, it's only using ~40MB ram; leaving plenty to build off of if you have a specific purpose.

Things are indeed quite snappy, network performance is great, even at 1Gbps (no upgrade yet).

My only concern so far is staying below 25% CPU usage on 1 core, but it should be a fun hobby project to see what one can accomplish within its limits/terms.

Invoice #144825

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

VPS Upgrade completed, kindly reboot your VPS from VPS control panel https://vps.hosteons.com for upgrade to take effect

@oken735 said:
    Invoice #144822
    Please upgrade, thanks in advance!!

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

VPS Upgrade completed, kindly reboot your VPS from VPS control panel https://vps.hosteons.com for upgrade to take effect

@EdibleBirch said:
    Invoice #144827

Thanks!

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

@kheng86 said:
    Invoice #144829

Thanks! :)

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • @HostEONS said: You can't expect to use 10 Gbps on a 256 MB RAM VPS ... but network port won't be a bottleneck.

Not sure why everybody is saying that 256 MB RAM VPS won't work, it works and it has been working for a lot of our client since 2018

For the record, I didn't say 256 MB RAM VPS won't work. I said it would go poorly with 10 Gbps, because of the RAM is not big enough for long fat networks. But yes, you made your point, the network won't be a bottleneck.

I use less than 256 MB of RAM on most of my VPS, by the way. But $12/y is a bit too expensive for me :wink: as I don't need another IPv4 address.

• Invoice #144962

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #145045 #145047 #145048

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • 订单号145081

thank you

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Please upgrade my package order number2736224730

Thanked by 1HostEONS

@mastervnc said:
    Invoice #144962

@mastervnc said:
    Invoice #145045 #145047 #145048

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

@fensuiji said:
    订单号145081

thank you

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

@haomingsi said:

Please upgrade my package order number2736224730

Thanks for your business,

Double Disk Done

VDS Upgrade completed, kindly reboot your VDS from VPS control panel https://vps.hosteons.com for upgrade to take effect

• Invoice #145500,please!

Thanked by 1HostEONS

@Ryan_hu said:
    Invoice #145500,please!

Thanks for your business

Double Disk
    Double Bandwidth
    10G Port upgrade done

• @HostEONS Thanks for the offer. I picked up one more instance; can you bless this one as well, please?

Invoice #145710

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #145956
    Please upgrade.
    Thanks a lot.

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice #146070

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Invoice 146076
    Please upgrade, Thanks~

Thanked by 1HostEONS