Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raid-10 vs Raid-1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raid-10 vs Raid-1

c_vpsc_vps Member

Which raid is better in NVMe Disk.
Raid-1 or Raid-10

Should i go with NVMe With Raid-10 or Raid-1. will Raid-10 provide better performance with NVME?

Which Brand NVMe is Reliable and Faster. Looking to Get 4tb NVMe.

Comments

• @c_vps said:
    Raid-1 or Raid-10

Should i go with NVMe With Raid-10 or Raid-1. will Raid-10 provide better performance with NVME?

How many disks? What size per disk?

RAID 10 is way better but requires 4 disks at least.

• NVMe Gen.4
    Samsung
    RAID10

Thanked by 1host_c
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited February 10

RAID10 is always better as long as you can afford it :lol: (4 drives or more)

NVMEs are very fast already, so RAID1 is also good (provides redundancy). It depends on your application.

• Raid10 far2 is also an option

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

Raid-10 will always be better, 2x raid 1 drives then raid 0 over the 2 raid 1, you get the redundancy of raid 1 with performance of raid 0 but at the cost of half the capacity.

Personally depends on your use case, if you need super fast storage go raid-10 if you would rather more capacity but still nvme speeds I would suggest 2x raid 1 or even looking into raid 5 albeit I would rather do 2 raid-1 drives

• @bethp said:
    Raid-10 will always be better, 2x raid 1 drives then raid 0 over the 2 raid 1, you get the redundancy of raid 1 with performance of raid 0 but at the cost of half the capacity.

Personally depends on your use case, if you need super fast storage go raid-10 if you would rather more capacity but still nvme speeds I would suggest 2x raid 1 or even looking into raid 5 albeit I would rather do 2 raid-1 drives

Looking for Shared Web Hosting usage so which one will be better in this case.

• @c_vps said:

Raid-1 or Raid-10

RAID-10 will be up to 2x faster than RAID-1. In most cases you'll get 10-50% better performance. It's noticeable for big datasets (such as databases), but not for streaming big files unless you have 40Gbit+ network.
    Small files should always sit in RAM, so if that's the case there will be zero difference.>

Micron/Crucial, Samsung, Intel, WD

All of them have superb drives and for reliability search for enterprise-grade drives from these brands. If you won't have too much writes I recommend trying to get used enterprise drives from Micron/Samsung that have 75-90% health remaining, you can get them at very low prices and they won't fail quickly unless you write a lot of data daily.

• @AXYZE said:
    @c_vps said:

Raid-1 or Raid-10

RAID-10 will be up to 2x faster than RAID-1. In most cases you'll get 10-50% better performance. It's noticeable for big datasets (such as databases), but not for streaming big files unless you have 40Gbit+ network.
    Small files should always sit in RAM, so if that's the case there will be zero difference.>

All of them have superb drives and for reliability search for enterprise-grade drives from these brands. If you won't have too much writes I recommend trying to get used enterprise drives from Micron/Samsung that have 75-90% health remaining, you can get them at very low prices and they won't fail quickly unless you write a lot of data daily.

Which raid you prefer in NVMe if we go for Shared Web Hosting. As My provider told to go with Raid-1 in NVMe or go with raid-10 with SSD.

• @c_vps said:

@AXYZE said:
    @c_vps said:

Raid-1 or Raid-10

Which raid you prefer in NVMe if we go for Shared Web Hosting. As My provider told to go with Raid-1 in NVMe or go with raid-10 with SSD.

RAID-1 NVMe will be way faster than RAID-10 on SATA SSD.