Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server administrator
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server administrator

dhruva21stuffdhruva21stuff Member
edited February 10 in Providers

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who is good at handling server, ipv6 routing, WAP and etc.

Goal is to offer -

1. DDOS protection to customers (Proxy based)
  2. CDN

What i have in my hands -

Co-location server with ipv6 (BGP session) -
own ASN

Hit me with your best knowledge.

Comments

• I'm not interested.

But I think you need to have more details as to what the expected request is.

• dhruva21stuffdhruva21stuff Member
    edited February 10

details will be shared to the person who is willing to do so :)

• LeviLevi Member

@dhruva21stuff said:

You didn't understand - he asked you about hourly rates. How much? 50 - 90€/hour or 150 - 200€/hour? LET contains most advanced sysadmins in whole internet, so you better be ready to open your wallet wide as possible.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 10

@dhruva21stuff said:

Let me ask in a different way.

There are different people who specialize in different parts. You seem to be asking for a (assumed Linux) Server System Administrator and not a Windows Server System Administrator. However, you also asked for IPv6 routing and ipms support, which would fall under more network engineering expertise.

There are people with complementary skills but you have to be more specific to actually what the work is because right now you're not going to get good potential candidates.

Also no-one cares what you're doing or looking to steal anything. Just be straightforward with what the requested tasks are and you'll get much better candidates. Being more specific means you'll get better candidates and interested people who are willing to resolve your problem in less time/cheaper costs overall.

With the way it's currently worded, it seems lazy and probably you don't know what you really need so most won't reach out.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Levi said:

@dhruva21stuff said:

You didn't understand - he asked you about hourly rates. How much? 50 - 90€/hour or 150 - 200€/hour? LET contains most advanced sysadmins in whole internet, so you better be ready to open your wallet wide as possible.

I think the OP expectation will be $7-$25 as it’s low end talk 😂

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited February 10

@WebProject said:

@Levi said:

@dhruva21stuff said:

Too expensive. I can hire professional sysadmin for $0.05/hour from LowEndSysadmin

Thanked by 2boot WebProject
  • @Moopah said:

@WebProject said:

@Levi said:

@dhruva21stuff said:

Too expensive. I can hire professional sysadmin for $0.05/hour from LowEndSysadmin

My brother (12, Gen Alpha) wants to apply for this position, he needs pocket money.
    He has experience with Minecraft Servers (via IPv6).

(just a joke, don’t take it seriously)

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • LeviLevi Member

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@Moopah said:

@WebProject said:

@Levi said:

@dhruva21stuff said:

My brother (12, Gen Alpha) wants to apply for this position, he needs pocket money.

Place that brother in basement, pay the fee of 200 dollars and you have a business.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@Moopah said:

@WebProject said:

@Levi said:

@dhruva21stuff said:

this might be true tbh, gen alpha are too smart, my cousin in 4th grade knows how to perfectly flash android phones with multiple roms while i suck at it.

he also knows basic linux.