Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for servers in NY/NJ/VA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for servers in NY/NJ/VA

Hi, I am looking for servers either in New York, New Jersey, or Ashburn. Below are the specifications:

SERVER 1 (DEDI/VDS/VPS)

CPU: 4c/8t (for dedi) OR 8vCores (for vds/vps) - 3.5Ghz+
RAM: 48GB or higher (64GB preferred)
Storage: 500GB SSD (NVMe preferred - RAID10)
Bandwidth: 5TB or more
BUDGET: $70 per month (flexible)

Note: This can be a Dedicated Server, a VDS, or a VPS.
I'm transferring from an E3 server so newer CPUs are much preferred.

SERVER 2 (VPS)

CPU: 2vCores (4vCores preferred) - 3.5Ghz+
RAM: 8GB or more (12GB preferred)
Storage: 100GB NVMe (RAID 10)
Bandwidth: 1TB or more
BUDGET: $20 per month

These servers will be used to host multiple production public Node.js services so uptime is very important. Being a reputable and long-time host is a huge plus!

The location is non-negotiable so don't go suggesting servers in the EU or anywhere in the US except the listed locations as latency is a huge factor.

On another note, I already have servers in Hetzner (Ashburn) and HostHatch (NYC) and they are very stable but I am still looking to add more nodes within the area.

Thank you!

Comments

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited February 8

@Junnn said:
    Hi, I am looking for servers either in New York, New Jersey, or Ashburn. Below are the specifications:

SERVER 1 (DEDI/VDS/VPS)

CPU: 4c/8t (for dedi) OR 8vCores (for vds/vps) - 3.5Ghz+
    RAM: 48GB or higher (64GB preferred)
    Storage: 500GB SSD (NVMe preferred - RAID10)
    Bandwidth: 5TB or more
    BUDGET: $70 per month (flexible)

Note: This can be a Dedicated Server, a VDS, or a VPS.
    I'm transferring from an E3 server so newer CPUs are much preferred.

SERVER 2 (VPS)

CPU: 2vCores (4vCores preferred) - 3.5Ghz+
    RAM: 8GB or more (12GB preferred)
    Storage: 100GB NVMe (RAID 10)
    Bandwidth: 1TB or more
    BUDGET: $20 per month

These servers will be used to host multiple production public Node.js services so uptime is very important. Being a reputable and long-time host is a huge plus!

The location is non-negotiable so don't go suggesting servers in the EU or anywhere in the US except the listed locations as latency is a huge factor.

On another note, I already have servers in Hetzner (Ashburn) and HostHatch (NYC) and they are very stable but I am still looking to add more nodes within the area.

Thank you!

@PureVoltage in NY: https://purevoltage.com/
    @MrRadic (ReliableSite) in NY (SI(: https://www.reliablesite.net/
    ColoCrossing has Buffalo NY servers

Thanked by 2Junnn MrRadic
  • @qps ashburn
    @RoyaleHosting new jersey
    @ColoCrossing buffalo (sort of new york?)

Thanked by 2Junnn qps
  • JunnnJunnn Member

@Moopah said:

Checked PureVoltage and sadly it is way over budget for Server 1. Meanwhile for Server 2 it seems doable

I have considered ReliableSite before posting actually but wanted to check for other offers hahaha

Will wait for other suggestions or offers for now. Thank you!

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@fluffernutter said:
    @qps ashburn
    @RoyaleHosting new jersey
    @ColoCrossing buffalo (sort of new york?)

Thank you for the mention! @Junnn we are able to offer something, could you sent us a dm to discuss this further?

Thanked by 1Junnn
  • @Junnn said:

@Moopah said:

Checked PureVoltage and sadly it is way over budget for Server 1. Meanwhile for Server 2 it seems doable

I have considered ReliableSite before posting actually but wanted to check for other offers hahaha

@Junnn https://my.purevoltage.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=162&utm_source=let&utm_medium=sticky&utm_campaign=New-Year&utm_content=99

Deal #1
    Dual E5-2680v4 (28 Cores, 56 Threads)
    64GB DDR4 RAM (Upgradable)
    1 IPv4
    1TB / 1.6TB SSD
    100TB @ 10Gbps
    Price: $99/month
    Order Deal #1
    Promocode: CD8FQVTCCO9N6

Bonus 100TB for LET specials: Post your order number, and we'll upgrade your bandwidth to 200TB monthly!

Thanked by 1Junnn
  • Just a note that OVH BHS is only 11ms away from NYC and OVH has one of the best networks in North America.

Thanked by 1Junnn
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Hi @Junnn - QuickPacket is in Ashburn. We can definitely help with this requirement. We have E3 v5/v6 in stock, as well E-2288G, which can be equipped with 64GB RAM. DM me and we can discuss further! Thanks.

Thanked by 1Junnn
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 8

@ehhthing said:
    Just a note that OVH BHS is only 11ms away from NYC and OVH has one of the best networks in North America.

OVH has one of the best networks in North America compared to low end providers or to high end providers?

• @JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:
    Just a note that OVH BHS is only 11ms away from NYC and OVH has one of the best networks in North America.

OVH has one of the best networks in North America compared to low end providers or to high end providers?

I guess you can't really compare it to the likes of Google Cloud, AWS or Azure. OVH has their own backbone network so very often your traffic will enter their network at your local IX, which is a huge improvement compared to most providers in general.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Thanks for the mentions!

• @ehhthing said:

@JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:

I guess you can't really compare it to the likes of Google Cloud, AWS or Azure. OVH has their own backbone network so very often your traffic will enter their network at your local IX, which is a huge improvement compared to most providers in general.

How does Hetzner and Netcup compare to OVH?

• @JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:

@JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:

OVH blows both out of the water, not even close.

• @JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:

@JosephF said:

@ehhthing said:

Can't really compare US to Europe, Hetzner US is not very good last I checked.

Netcup and Hetzner in Europe both seem to have some good transit providers, but neither of them utilize their own backbone so the quality won't be as good (this is a generalization, but I know OVH puts a lot of effort in route optimization so I'm sure they have their backbone well managed).

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@Junnn said:

@Moopah said:

Thanks, can always contact our team on what might not be listed. We have quite a large stock and a new site coming shortly that will better list some deals and discounted systems.

Thanked by 1Junnn
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1Junnn