Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EasyVM - very poor dedicated server support experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EasyVM - very poor dedicated server support experience

I guess you get what you pay for :/

Thanked by 1SillyGoose

Comments

• What are you paying?

• @JosephF said:
    What are you paying?

$60/month for one of their flash sales(2x E5-2670 - 64GB - 2TB SSD)

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@AmplyImpure said:

@JosephF said:
    What are you paying?

$60/month for one of their flash sales(2x E5-2670 - 64GB - 2TB SSD)

Server with no IPMI? It is not much convenient.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for sharing, it reflects on how we should be moving forward.

We have been implementing a new dedicated server control panel and during this it completely reset all of our IPMI IPs for all servers we were attempting to add to it. During this time, we also had a quite large migration happen in New York, hence the prolonged response times as the entire team was on-site. We have learned from this, and hope that it will never happen again.

Would we be able to make it right for you? We could restore all lost time + an additional month on us for all the cluster of inconveniences that you encountered.

We normally don't let things like this slip through the cracks, but we are humans too, and it somehow did.

Please reach out to me here or via your ticket to see if there's absolutely anything we can do to win you back.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate circumstance we put you in.

• AstroAstro Member

@aqua said:

We have been implementing a new dedicated server control panel and during this it completely reset all of our IPMI IPs for all servers we were attempting to add to it. During this time, we also had a quite large migration happen in New York, hence the prolonged response times as the entire team was on-site. We have learned from this, and hope that it will never happen again.

Would we be able to make it right for you? We could restore all lost time + an additional month on us for all the cluster of inconveniences that you encountered.

We normally don't let things like this slip through the cracks, but we are humans too, and it somehow did.

Please reach out to me here or via your ticket to see if there's absolutely anything we can do to win you back.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate circumstance we put you in.

👌🏼

• @aqua said:

Thanks for the reply.

First, please allow me to clarify: I did not post the review with the intent of getting anything. I simply wanted to share my experience with other members so they can decide for themselves if this is an acceptable situation for them to find themselves in, hopefully before purchasing services from you.

Taking your entire team off-site for multiple weeks is a horrible practice. Thankfully I had other servers I could use, but what if this was someone's production server?

Can you elaborate on what happened with the DC ticket? Was it created but got no response?

Are you willing to make a public guarantee that going forward there will always be someone available to get to the DC within a business day? Or that at the very least, there will always be someone available to contact the DC within a business day, and ensure that the DC will actually respond?

And I gotta say, the fact that you only offered to smooth it over after I complained on a public forum is not a great sign.

• borowskyborowsky Member
    edited February 7

Name EasyVM always remind me of this little drama
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184729/extravm-suspended-all-my-vps-without-notice-what-can-i-do/p1
    So yea...

PS Damn, that was extravm? Ah those names...

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Looks like two different companies. What's the link ?

Thanked by 1borowsky
  • @Andreix said:

Looks like two different companies. What's the link ?

Seems my mind created link 🧠

• @borowsky said:
    Name EasyVM always remind me of this little drama
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184729/extravm-suspended-all-my-vps-without-notice-what-can-i-do/p1
    So yea...

PS Damn, that was extravm? Ah those names...

Ha, I also got them confused. I almost submitted the ticket to ExtraVM thinking they just canceled my service.

I liked the name "central.so" better

Thanked by 1borowsky
  • emghemgh Member

Entire team off-site for weeks and while that is occuring, you implement a new dedicated server control panel for clients in a location in which you won’t have physical access for awhile?

Sounds crazy.

• woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

You Get what you pay for

Thanked by 1AmplyImpure

@AmplyImpure said:
    Thanks for the reply.

First, please allow me to clarify: I did not post the review with the intent of getting anything. I simply wanted to share my experience with other members so they can decide for themselves if this is an acceptable situation for them to find themselves in, hopefully before purchasing services from you.

I totally understand that you were sharing your experience (which we fully support and will not pester you to take down any bad experience), but we like to make things right. Looking back, I believe I was sitting at the airport about to board my flight when I replied to your ticket, and I was thinking on the plane to further reply to offer the compensation or fully fix everything. I guess too many things on my mind, and when I checked your ticket logs when this was created, the ticket was closed by one of our System Engineers, I'm sorry.

Taking your entire team off-site for multiple weeks is a horrible practice. Thankfully I had other servers I could use, but what if this was someone's production server?

To clarify, the entire team was not off-site for multiple weeks, it was roughly a week and a half.

Can you elaborate on what happened with the DC ticket? Was it created but got no response?

Like I mentioned, we were in the midst of deploying a new dedicated server control panel, our current documentation was severely out of date, which I had plans to tidy up with the new deployment of the panel (since it has the DCIM feature). We put the ticket in with what our old documentation had, and there was not a server in that U, which meant the tech couldn't move forward. Typically in that situation, we turn on the servers UID light, but like I mentioned earlier, the IPMI was not accessible.

Are you willing to make a public guarantee that going forward there will always be someone available to get to the DC within a business day? Or that at the very least, there will always be someone available to contact the DC within a business day, and ensure that the DC will actually respond?

We do not use Remote Hands in Dallas as much as any of our other locations. I live locally in Dallas and typically handle all matters myself, so I do not know a rough estimate of how long the DC takes to respond to tickets. The case of people not being available is very rare, and the New York migration was something that was extremely out of the regular and we have no current plans of taking the entire team out to a location again. My pockets hurt after that haha.

And I gotta say, the fact that you only offered to smooth it over after I complained on a public forum is not a great sign.

Following up with what I said earlier, we normally do make things right, and work with the client. We are humans, and understand completely what the other end of the service has to endure. I will speak with the team in our next meeting to go over all matters that regard to this, and see where we can improve.

@emgh said:
    Entire team off-site for weeks and while that is occuring, you implement a new dedicated server control panel for clients in a location in which you won’t have physical access for awhile?

Sounds crazy.

We were working on deploying the panel weeks prior and then that got moved to the backburner once it bricked all of our IPMIs since we had to plan out the migration.

The clients prior to this did not have IPMI access and would have to open a ticket for requests such as reboots, startups, etc. They wouldn't have noticed that the IPMI was down, which in fairness, typically isn't the end of the world as the client is still online.

• emghemgh Member
    edited February 7

@aqua said:

@emgh said:

Sounds crazy.

We were working on deploying the panel weeks prior and then that got moved to the backburner once it bricked all of our IPMIs since we had to plan out the migration.

The clients prior to this did not have IPMI access and would have to open a ticket for requests such as reboots, startups, etc. They wouldn't have noticed that the IPMI was down, which in fairness, typically isn't the end of the world as the client is still online.

I think it could have been planned better.

But I won’t continue this simply because the dog in your profile picture is too adorable.

• I've tried using EasyVM once.

Wasn't as great. Had high latency for a location that claimed to be local. Support was nice but didn't resolve it.

Not saying it was as bad to the level that happened with you (and they 100% dropped the ball on this). But when you have so many options available, it didn't justify me to renew.

@emgh said:

@aqua said:

@emgh said:

Sounds crazy.

I think it could have been planned better.

But I won’t continue this simply because the dog in your profile picture is too adorable.

This was something that was added onto the long list of things we learned this month.

Thanked by 1emgh
    edited February 7

@HalfEatenPie said:
    I've tried using EasyVM once.

Wasn't as great. Had high latency for a location that claimed to be local. Support was nice but didn't resolve it.

Not saying it was as bad to the level that happened with you (and they 100% dropped the ball on this). But when you have so many options available, it didn't justify me to renew.

Mind tossing a DM or ticket so we can do a complimentary round 2? We've done a lot of changes and improvements to our network recently so I want to see if we can change your thoughts maybe?

Let me know.