Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need EU Dedicated VPS or Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need EU Dedicated VPS or Dedicated Server

Hello guys,

I now have a netcup server “RS 1000 G9.5 4 Dedicated vCPU, 8 GB Ram, 160 GB SSD”.

And the performance been fine, but the disk has been a problem for me, and many people here said that their “Local Block Storage” is HDD and not SSD.

So this makes netcup not the best option for me since I'm planning to expand my hosting services to more clients and for my own websites as well.

1: I want to know what is my affordable best option in Europe for me, similar performance and price but with an option to expand my VPS storage with SSD or NVMe.

2: Should I stick with the VPS plan or get a dedicated server?
I have never owned a dedicated server before, but I'm looking to learn a few things here and there if needed.

PS. No Hetzner since they declined my profile before.

Dedicated VPS or Dedicated Server
  1. Dedicated VPS or Dedicated Server20 votes
    1. Dedicated VPS
      35.00%
    2. Dedicated Server
      65.00%

Comments

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@MASE said:
    Hello guys,

I now have a netcup server “RS 1000 G9.5 4 Dedicated vCPU, 8 GB Ram, 160 GB SSD”.

And the performance been fine, but the disk has been a problem for me, and many people here said that their “Local Block Storage” is HDD and not SSD.

So this makes netcup not the best option for me since I'm planning to expand my hosting services to more clients and for my own websites as well.

1: I want to know what is my affordable best option in Europe for me, similar performance and price but with an option to expand my VPS storage with SSD or NVMe.

I have never owned a dedicated server before, but I'm looking to learn a few things here and there if needed.

Hi,

maybe our root servers?

https://avoro.eu/en/rootserver/

Thanked by 1MASE
  • @MASE said:
    Hello guys,

We can provide you a plan with dedicated server and 512GB NVMe. DM

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , check our VPSs

https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

Have dedicated cores and we don't limit I/O , we usage Enterprise SSD SAS to raid 10 , performance it's very good

Regrds,
    Calin

Thanked by 1MASE
  • conceptconcept Member
    edited February 7

Avoro @PHP_Friends is the way to go. If you need more storage, They sell dedicated servers with NVMe SSD that would work for your needs.

Thanked by 2dataforest iKeyZ
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Hi

Check out the offers from my signature. 😊

Thanked by 1MASE
  • MASEMASE Member

@c1vhosting said:

@MASE said:
    Hello guys,

Your website got some effects slowing down my browser, can't really see anything.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @MASE said:

@c1vhosting said:

@MASE said:
    Hello guys,

Your website got some effects slowing down my browser, can't really see anything.

dm

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited February 7

@MASE said:
    Hello guys,

Hi,

if i see it right, then your server is around 9,81 EUR / month
    a real physical server will be a lot higher than this, while giving you no real advantages, but actually only disadvantages ( no easy snapshot via UI, no easy backup/restore via UI to just mention two ).

You write the disks have been a problem for you. Do you have some numbers, so it will be more clear what your actual problem is currently?

We could give you, based on a ryzen 9 7900 CPU:

4 cores ( dedicated )
    16 GB RAM
    480 GB NVMe local storage
    5 Gbit/s Port
    50 TB Traffic included
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6

Price per month: 19,90 EUR ~ 22 USD

Serverlocation: Germany - Frankfurt/Main

Some customers will get such kind of server and install proxmox or similar to create their own virtual machines. Maybe thats interesting for you for your testings.

• @layer7 said:

@MASE said:
    Hello guys,

We could give you, based on a ryzen 9 7900 CPU:

4 cores ( dedicated )
    16 GB RAM
    480 GB NVMe local storage
    5 Gbit/s Port
    50 TB Traffic included
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6

Price per month: 19,90 EUR ~ 22 USD

So is this the case for the main physical server?

3x 4 core ryzen 9 7900
    3x 16gb ram
    3x 480gb nvme
    5gbit port
    3x ips

3x 19.90 euro

Well,
    Ryzen 9 7900 with 48 GB RAM
    "dedicated server"
    59.70 euro/month

I think it's a good price :)

edited February 7

@tra10000 said:

So is this the case for the main physical server?

3x 4 core ryzen 9 7900
    3x 16gb ram
    3x 480gb nvme
    5gbit port
    3x ips

3x 19.90 euro

Well,
    Ryzen 9 7900 with 48 GB RAM
    "dedicated server"
    59.70 euro/month

I think it's a good price :)

Hi,

no not really, that would be economically not really interesting.

We count the HT units as available cores too. So for the 7900, that would be 24 cores.

And we would not give it as a dedicated server for this price. As a dedicated server with

Ryzen 9 7900
    128 GB RAM ECC
    2x 4 TB NVMe
    10G NIC
    incl. 100 TB Traffic

we would currently charge 189,- EUR / month ~ 200 USD

Edit: And by the way, thats a new, upcoming product, so its actually discounted here already to give a new product a better start...

• @layer7
    I'm not sure if HT cores can be sold as dedicated cores :)

So I think you should say shared vcore.

It's my opinion, I could be wrong.

@tra10000 said:
    @layer7

Hi,

thats definitely something that could be discussed.

But "shared vcore" is actually also not hitting the mark, as its dedicated and not shared.

Maybe " dedicated vcore " would be most close.

Honestly i didnt think too much about it. It seems general practice to make no differences there. At least thats what i know from other providers across all price levels.

I will forward that feedback, lets see what we will do with that. But if netcup sells 4 dedicated cores for 9,81 EUR, i would wonder a lot if they think of their dedicated cores as dedicated cores and not maybe threads too.... So you could buy there a dedicated epyc server with 32 cores for < 100 EUR...

• @layer7 said:

@tra10000 said:
    @layer7

I will forward that feedback, lets see what we will do with that. But if netcup sells 4 dedicated cores for 9,81 EUR, i would wonder a lot if they think of their dedicated cores as dedicated cores and not maybe threads too.... So you could buy there a dedicated epyc server with 32 cores for < 100 EUR...

But they are Netcup. We can't ask them questions like that :)

If we talk about them for Epyc 7702 (64c 128t)
    We should be able to get the whole server for around 170 euros and around 260 euros :)

• mariusleumariusleu Member, Host Rep

Reliable Dedicated Intel Xeon Gold CPUs virtual servers

4 dedicated CPUs
    16 GB RAM DDR4 ECC
    included 100 GB NVMe (Ceph 3x replication) - the storage can be flexibly increased by opting for the Block Storage
    IPv4 & IPv6

10 EUR (+ VAT if applicable) / month

Looking Glass