Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU direct admin reseller with free blesta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU direct admin reseller with free blesta

as title - thought I saw some offers earlier in the year, but @HostEONS doesnt do EU location and it seems difficult to get order progressed with buyvm.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

It's in pending or it got marked as fraud?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Wise said:
    as title - thought I saw some offers earlier in the year, but @HostEONS doesnt do EU location and it seems difficult to get order progressed with buyvm.

Yeah correct, currently we don't offer Direct Admin Reseller in EU, though we do offer VPS in EU in Paris and Frankfurt

Let me know if you need a VPS

• WiseWise Member

@emgh said:

Oh it was fraud due to my home isp IP being in England and my address is Scotland. I’ve been in touch with Fran about it over last couple months (and Karen) but I think they are just really busy. I need to plough on with some project stuff and can’t wait around any longer

• WiseWise Member

@HostEONS said:

@Wise said:

Yeah correct, currently we don't offer Direct Admin Reseller in EU, though we do offer VPS in EU in Paris and Frankfurt

Let me know if you need a VPS

Ok thanks, I really don’t want another VPs if I can help it 😄

• emghemgh Member

@Wise said:

@emgh said:

Oh it was fraud due to my home isp IP being in England and my address is Scotland. I’ve been in touch with Fran about it over last couple months (and Karen) but I think they are just really busy. I need to plough on with some project stuff and can’t wait around any longer

@Francisco

• @Wise said:

@emgh said:

@Francisco

• emghemgh Member

By the way, if you have wifi & mobile internet, try using the other one.

• WiseWise Member

@emgh said:

Tried that before, order was immediately cancelled :) it’s no biggie, it’s their policy, albeit odd in this day and age.

• emghemgh Member

@Wise said:

@emgh said:

Tried that before, order was immediately cancelled :) it’s no biggie, it’s their policy, albeit odd in this day and age.

Weird, when they consistantly flagged my IP for fraud, back when I lived at another place, ordering through mobile fixed it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Wise said:

@emgh said:

I would try again and ticket. Akash has been doing billing these days and we should be able to sort you out.

Thanks,

Francisco

Thanked by 3emgh COLBYLICIOUS Wise
  • WiseWise Member

Thanks @Francisco had ticket marked on hold, so just created new one to billing

Thanked by 1emgh
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 7

@Wise said:

@emgh said:

English and Scotland are considered different enough to trigger a fraud alert? That's kind of like a New York billing address with a New Jersey IP address.

• WiseWise Member
    edited February 7

@JosephF said:

@Wise said:

@emgh said:

English and Scotland are considered different enough to trigger a fraud alert? That's kind of like a New York billing address with a New Jersey IP address.

I think part of the fraud checks is that your home address and your internet breakout is within 300 miles. Up until I got fibre to the home, my ip was still within Scotland .

And no your example is waaay out :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said: English and Scotland are considered different enough to trigger a fraud alert?

Francisco

Thanked by 2emgh sasslik
  • @JosephF said:
    English and Scotland are considered different enough to trigger a fraud alert?

They are officially separate countries within the United Kingdom (politically) or the British Isles (geographically), so perhaps the fraud check sees them as different as England/France (countries within Europe) or France/Spain (countries in Europe, also countries in the EU).

You could class us all as British (part of the British Isles) but I wouldn't recommend calling a Scot “British” if you like your teeth the way they are - it is a very small fraction of a step away from calling them English, don't call them that if you like your family tree the way it is. We don't have an accepted term for UKians.

Some international systems don't have a slot in their geopolitical hierarchy model for both UK and the countries within, so we get a mix of being considered by automated systems to be UK (no difference between) and England/Scotland/Northern Island/Wales (entirely separate). Sometimes what would be state in a US address gets mapped to country here, sometimes that gets mapped to county.

Because of geographical vagaries, some postcodes and phone number prefixes straddle the country borders, which can cause confusion with automated checks that aren't written by people who are aware that this is the case.