Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aeza sweden (and probably other locations), network issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

aeza sweden (and probably other locations), network issues

0ka0ka Member

Their network is weird
1. MTU is actually 1448 (had to discover it by myself because ifconfig still shows 1500)
2. ping to anything (even neighboring VMs) will be at least 30ms (their network is transparently routed to some other location? https://imgur.com/a/M1HIGU8),
3. you can't icmp ping your VPS from other networks (you will always get a response, even if your VM is off)
4. ipv6 doesn't work sometimes, but when it works, the speed is 5mbit/s

honorable mentions:
1. at the moment their local network is broken (i can't access neighboring VMs)
2. once a day my IPIP/IPIP over UDP/GRE tunnels randomly break (can't transmit packets larger than 556 bytes from aeza vps, rebooting fixes this issue)

[root@swe ~]# ping -M do -s 1392 172.16.5.2
PING 172.16.5.2 (172.16.5.2) 1392(1420) bytes of data.
ping: local error: message too long, mtu=556

wireguard tunnels don't have this issue

Comments

• Isnt Aeza just all Hetzner with GRE tunnels except for Russia and US?

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@0ka said: 2. ping to anything (even neighboring VMs) will be at least 30ms (their network is transparently routed to some other location? https://imgur.com/a/M1HIGU8),

This evidence confirms @jahrinc's claim

Thanked by 1host_c
  • it's all Hetzner yeah.

• zGatozGato Member

Aéza used to anycast ICMP on all of their locations (except RU) in some of their random POPs (they also used to anycast in Ukraine which they don't have as a location). Now it seems like they're partially anycasting ICMP or not doing at all, so don't rely on ping checks but on TCP.

Never had any issues with my Sweden server but I just checked and you're right, latency seems to have gotten worse. Their Helsinki location used to be routed through Sweden too, not sure how they're doing it right now.

Austria's network is also rerouted through some other of their locations, but Amsterdam seems to be mostly fine, but it seems rerouted somewhere too, around 10ms increase.

• Typical Russian hoster. What did you expect and why did you bring your money to them?

Thanked by 2Weirdjey bench
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited February 4

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Typical Russian hoster. What did you expect and why did you bring your money to them?

0 issues with over 30 russian providers, may I know any of your bad experiences with any of them and why you're trash talking about a provider because of them being from russia?

i'm also waiting to hear about any recent host deadpooling that's from Russia, for some reason I only see US/CA hosts deadpooling, and you have a very good example of this in this exact forum, in which I'm affected too.

• @TheGreatOakley said: Typical Russian hoster. What did you expect and why did you bring your money to them?

0 issues with Aeza RU location, has been rock solid. Using multiple VPS and Dedis from them in RU location.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • zGatozGato Member

@jahrinc said:

@TheGreatOakley said: Typical Russian hoster. What did you expect and why did you bring your money to them?

0 issues with Aeza RU location, has been rock solid. Using multiple VPS and Dedis from them in RU location.

Used their RU location for about 2 months too. Rock solid experience, and was really pushing their hardware and network limits with like 100TB/month. Only got ticketed because I was using too much but they just told me they would remove DDoS protection (as I agreed on their ToS) and can happily continue with my use.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited February 4

@zGato said: Used their RU location for about 2 months too. Rock solid experience, and was really pushing their hardware and network limits with like 100TB/month. Only got ticketed because I was using too much but they just told me they would remove DDoS protection (as I agreed on their ToS) and can happily continue with my use.

Same, I push 1Gbps 24x7 on their 40 euro VPS plan, 0 issues.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • 0ka0ka Member
    edited February 4

mention no.2 happened again, but now on the other side of the tunnel

root@arm1:~# ip route get 172.16.5.1
    172.16.5.1 dev ipip src 172.16.5.2 uid 0
        cache expires 351sec mtu lock 552

for some reason mtu changes by itself on the route to my other vps, clearing the route cache

root@arm1:~# ip route flush cache
    root@arm1:~# ip route get 172.16.5.1
    172.16.5.1 dev ipip src 172.16.5.2 uid 0
        cache

fixed the issue, but it happened again after 2 minutes, i cleared the cache again and it's still working after 10 minutes

this never happened to me with other VPS providers, im sure it's their network

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited February 4

btw their looking glass page is broken for 5 months already, just wow...
    their support doesn't care, they say everything is fine on their side

• Their business is built on pure lies, I have personally seen their SEO claiming that the servers are theirs and there is no lease even though the servers are from Hetzner they also maintain several ISPs that sell servers for botnets and viruses, not to mention their past, previously one of their founders had a hosting service called MSKHOST that was successfully hacked as they supported the spread of viruses and botnets, and the legal status of the sole proprietorship changes every six months, it's like a tax scam

Thanked by 1bench

@Dessgun said: they also maintain several ISPs that sell servers for botnets and viruses

Can you provide more information about this?

• @zGato said: may I know any of your bad experiences with any of them and why you're trash talking about a provider because of them being from russia?

They just hate the nation and nothing more. Anything related to that is bad for them. I use many RU providers, they are the best in terms of value for money. No reprimanding, IP address checks, blocking, ID checks and such.

• They have their SE Promo back in stock from today after six months. 4Gb for 1,09 EUR per month.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • kvz12kvz12 Member

@jenkki said:
    They have their SE Promo back in stock from today after six months. 4Gb for 1,09 EUR per month.

Out of stock for me?

• _MS__MS_ Member

@jenkki said:
    They have their SE Promo back in stock from today after six months. 4Gb for 1,09 EUR per month.

Still unavailable.

This plans is temporarily unavailable for ordering.
    This is usually due to a lack of resources or technical issues.

We are doing our best to make the plan available for order again in the coming days.

• zGatozGato Member

MS said:

@jenkki said:

Still unavailable.

This plans is temporarily unavailable for ordering.
    This is usually due to a lack of resources or technical issues.

We are doing our best to make the plan available for order again in the coming days.

They said on their telegram group that there will be more, but they're waiting for the responsible staff to add them

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • zGatozGato Member

They also seem to have limited the number of PROMO plans that you can have on your account from 5 to 1. I've tried asking their support for an increase but they can't.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 5

@kvz12 said: Out of stock for me?

Ah, seems they all sold out for now. I check one hour ago, they was in stock. Their newsletter today:

🔥 Grab it while it's hot: added 2000+ SWE-PROMO fares to the sale
    You have been waiting and we have been working, that's why we are glad to present more than 2000 free places for promo rates. Please note that they are sold out extremely fast, so if you have been dreaming of your own SWE-PROMO for a long time, don't miss today!

• @tentor said:

@Dessgun said: they also maintain several ISPs that sell servers for botnets and viruses

When they appeared on one Russian forum in the hosting section, after a month or so in the same section appeared two new hosts lethost.co and another one, after a while on these hosts appeared reviews from people, on this forum it is customary to give away servers for people to leave reviews and then I noticed that some of the photo reviews are not hidden ip I ran it through Whois and found their ASN and those who gave them ip and supports their ASN and it was just hosting Aeza
    But I also noticed that these two dirty hosts have identical hardware and location as Aeza, which already tells me that it's all on Aeza servers.
    These dirty hosts are set up and allowed to host phishing, styler, botnet and many more illegal things
    I asked Aeza why they support these hosts, at first they told me they had nothing to do with them, but when I showed Whois records of them transferring their /24 blocks to these hosts they told me "They are just taking over our hardware and network, we are not responsible for what they do".

edited February 5

@Dessgun said:

@tentor said:

When they appeared on one Russian forum in the hosting section, after a month or so in the same section appeared two new hosts lethost.co and another one, after a while on these hosts appeared reviews from people, on this forum it is customary to give away servers for people to leave reviews and then I noticed that some of the photo reviews are not hidden ip I ran it through Whois and found their ASN and those who gave them ip and supports their ASN and it was just hosting Aeza
    But I also noticed that these two dirty hosts have identical hardware and location as Aeza, which already tells me that it's all on Aeza servers.
    These dirty hosts are set up and allowed to host phishing, styler, botnet and many more illegal things
    I asked Aeza why they support these hosts, at first they told me they had nothing to do with them, but when I showed Whois records of them transferring their /24 blocks to these hosts they told me "They are just taking over our hardware and network, we are not responsible for what they do".

Sounds shady but I don't see enough evidence to confirm your claims

• DessgunDessgun Member
    edited February 5

Interesting fact about them.
    On New Year's Day 21, they had a contest with a grand prize of an iPhone, and the founder of Bozonian won it.
    Before that, he was hidden until about the summer of '23 because he was the founder of MSKhost, which was hacked by hackers for hosting botnets and phishing :))))).
    Too bad I can't prove it, the contest results were deleted as well as the post itself, there was even a picture of this winner.

• DessgunDessgun Member
    edited February 5

@tentor said:

@Dessgun said:

@tentor said:

Sounds shady but I don't see enough evidence to confirm your claims

Enter ASN Aeza
    AS210644
    Go to the "Downstreams" section.
    We see AS210352.
    We go into Whois and look to see who provided the network blocks to them, and oh my goodness, it's Aeza.
    We look at the name of this AS.
    AS210352.
    Partner LLC - abuse-server.su.
    We can see the block is 5.42.64.0/22.
    The website is lethost.co.
    We go to the site and see their hardware and location, which is identical to the location of Aeza's servers.
    Then we google lethost and see posts on forums where they write that they provide servers for phishing and viruses.

Thanked by 1tentor

@Dessgun said: Go to the "Streams" section.

Which service are you using?

• @tentor said:

@Dessgun said: Go to the "Streams" section.

Which service are you using?

Go to the "Downstreams" section.
    https://ipinfo.io/AS210644

• @Dessgun said: These dirty hosts are set up and allowed to host phishing, styler, botnet and many more illegal things

It's just some crazy people who rented their hardware and trying charging inadequate prices for the same localizations.

$50 for 4 GB of VPS, what kind of idiot buys that? Even for phishing, spam or something else.

• LeviLevi Member

@jenkki said:

@Dessgun said: These dirty hosts are set up and allowed to host phishing, styler, botnet and many more illegal things

It's just some crazy people who rented their hardware and trying charging inadequate prices for the same localizations.

$50 for 4 GB of VPS, what kind of idiot buys that? Even for phishing, spam or something else.

When $50 comes from carded cc you can spend thousands on 4GB server, because you don't care. And "some crazzy people" is ruzzia crackers and botneters. They are far from "crazzy".

Watch @ krebsonsecurity. If aeza hosting enough filth it eventually will surface on media.

• @Levi said: When $50 comes from carded cc you can spend thousands on 4GB server, because you don't care.

Well, you can attach anything to anything. Only no one provides proof. Maybe.

It's all guesswork.

• Promo Offer in stock right now.

They set limits, only one per account.

Thanked by 1_MS_