Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or Dedicated Server (Anywhere) < $10/month for unlimited CPU usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or Dedicated Server (Anywhere) < $10/month for unlimited CPU usage

jnxu2024jnxu2024 Member
edited February 3 in Requests

I am looking for a VPS or a Dedicated Server < $10/month for unlimited CPU usage. IPv6 not needed. Its just for me, not websites, so regular bandwidth usage. I can install my own Windows. Anywhere in the world is fine. I prefer to pay monthly for non-US providers.

Comments

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@jnxu2024 said:
    I am looking for a VPS or a Dedicated Server < $10/month for unlimited CPU usage. IPv6 not needed. Its just for me, not websites, so regular bandwidth usage. I can install my own Windows. Anywhere in the world is fine. I prefer to pay monthly for non-US providers.

Hi,

you could go with this:

https://login.layer7.net/index.php?rp=/store/cloud-server-mid-cpu-fra1/cloud-server-mid-cpu-6cores-32gb-240gb-fra1

6 Cores
    32 GB RAM
    240 GB Disk

German Location

You are free to use the CPUs for 100%...

• jnxu2024jnxu2024 Member
    edited February 3

What is the frequency and cache of each core?

@layer7 said:
    https://login.layer7.net/index.php?rp=/store/cloud-server-mid-cpu-fra1/cloud-server-mid-cpu-6cores-32gb-240gb-fra1

6 Cores
    32 GB RAM
    240 GB Disk

German Location

You are free to use the CPUs for 100%...

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

How much ram are you looking for ?

• CybrCybr Member

@layer7 said:
    Hi,

you could go with this:

6 Cores
    32 GB RAM
    240 GB Disk

German Location

Which CPU models do you use for these nodes?

@jnxu2024 said:

Hi,

for the MID CPU offer, we currently use Intel Xeon E5 servers. The models range from E5-2670v2 to E5-2680v4. Especially in Frankfurt FRA1 location the Intel Xeon E5-2650Lv4 is used frequently.

There is no guarantee or choice which hostmachine and this way which CPU you will land on.

We are changing the hardware more or less frequently, based on customer feedback and general development of technology so that the performance difference between last CPU generation and the one we use wont become significant.

• @jnxu2024 said: I am looking for a VPS or a Dedicated Server < $10/month for unlimited CPU usage.

checkout @Advin premium - have dedicated core in that budget Genoa EPYC

@layer7 said: for the MID CPU offer, we currently use Intel Xeon E5 servers. The models range from E5-2670v2 to E5-2680v4. Especially in Frankfurt FRA1 location the Intel Xeon E5-2650Lv4 is used frequently.

sharing old e-waste unlimited? great.

• MrRetslavMrRetslav Member, Host Rep
    edited February 3

@jnxu2024 said:

If you could double the budget we can do this for you in the Netherlands:
    NOTE: Windows cannot be installed as main OS, use a Virtualization platform to use Windows

i5-4460T @1.90 GHz
    16 Gb DDR3 RAM
    128 Gb SSD (Upgradable; create ticket)
    1 IPv4
    2.5+ Tbps DDoS-Protection
    1 Gbps Up/Down

Delivery Within 48 Business Hours

For just: €20/mo or €200/yr
    Order now: here

• bgerardbgerard Member
    edited February 3

An Avoro @PHP_Friends Epyc root server will get you 4 dedicated cores for 9 euros ($9.73) a month.

AMD EPYC
    4 dedicated CPU cores
    8GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    160GB NVMe SSD
    10 Gbit/s shared
    1x IPv4 & 1x IPv6 /64 network

https://avoro.eu/de/rootserver/

Thanked by 2dataforest Izax

@lowenduser1 said:

sharing old e-waste unlimited? great.

Hi,

i am sorry, i can not really follow you. In case you mean that the hardware we are using for the MID CPU offer is quiet old, then i fully agree with you. But we also wanted to offer some Intel CPU's and not only AMD.
    And sad to say, while the CPU's we use now are ranging somewhere between 10-20k passmark benchmark points, the majority of Intel CPUs that are used for this price range we all operate here are, if ever some Intel Gold SP CPUs ranging somewhere between 20k-30k passmark points.

If you realize, that this difference in benchmark points will come mostly from the increase of the core count, you will fastly see that the per core performance ( and thats what we talk about with VPS services ) is not that much different from the older or newer CPU's.

So we dont see a reason why we should trash working hardware to make Intel more rich for selling weak hardware.

We can talk about CPU economical philosophy in privacy PM or in a dedicated thread if you like, as we should not go into too much offtopic here...

Thanked by 2Pixels DanSummer
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

Both avoro and netcup have 4 EPYC dedicated vCores at this price. You'll be happy with either of them, but avoro may be a little bit better because they use less core/higher clock EPYCs.

https://avoro.eu/en/rootserver/

Thanked by 2dataforest Izax
  • jnxu2024jnxu2024 Member
    edited February 3

This is the only part I don't like. I would like each core to operate at minimum 2.20GHz base frequency.

@layer7 said: There is no guarantee or choice which hostmachine and this way which CPU you will land on.

• Advin seems good but only their VDS and Dedi plans allow unlimited CPU usage; outside my budget. Their KVM Premium (1 dedicated, 3 burstable vCPU) is indeed subject to fair CPU usage, i.e. 25% (1 processor out of 4)

Thank you for the info. (PS: We're all here for information. We gain nothing from leading questions or charged language.)

@lowenduser1 said: checkout @Advin premium - have dedicated core in that budget Genoa EPYC

• I would vouch for Avoro too. I use them myself and have had no issues at all. Been very happy with their performance for the price.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello check our deals

8 GB Ram DDr4 ECC
    4 Dedicated CPU (Intel® Xeon® Gold 6148)
    100 GB SSD SAS RAID 10
    6 TB Bandwidth/month
    Romania/Hunedoara/Orastie Location
    1 Gbps speed
    Port 25 open permanently
    99.97% Uptime
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    KVM VIrtualization
    Upload own ISO
    Linux or Windows

https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

• @Calin said:

99.97% Uptime

:hushed:

Thanked by 2PineappleM Outdoor
  • dragon_islanddragon_island Member
    edited February 4

I kinda feel @HostEONS is a bit underrated among the other big players in this unlimited cpu usage for <10$ niche,

1vCore (Ryzen 7950x)
    4GB RAM
    25GB NVME Disk Space
    15 TB Bandwidth
    $7/mo

more here,
    https://my.hosteons.com/store/ryzen-7950x-based-hybrid-dedicated-server

2vCore (Ryzen 3950x)
    8GB RAM
    50GB NVME Disk Space
    30 TB Bandwidth
    $8.99/mo

more here,
    https://my.hosteons.com/store/hybrid-dedicated-server-special

Just also make sure to look at some of the ongoing promotions thread from @HostEONS. With promotions and double resource options, these guys provide the best value for money. I have two service with them and both are into production use with utmost reliability.

EDIT: Sorry missed the "non-US providers" requirement. They offer dedicated CPU only for US locations right now and non dedicated ones in EU locations. It will be game changing if they could enter EU too with dedicated CPU offers.

• @layer7 said:

@jnxu2024 said:

Hi,

for the MID CPU offer, we currently use Intel Xeon E5 servers. The models range from E5-2670v2 to E5-2680v4. Especially in Frankfurt FRA1 location the Intel Xeon E5-2650Lv4 is used frequently.

There is no guarantee or choice which hostmachine and this way which CPU you will land on.

We are changing the hardware more or less frequently, based on customer feedback and general development of technology so that the performance difference between last CPU generation and the one we use wont become significant.

I just bought this CPU 2640 for 7bucks of AliExpress it's a steal for this price.