Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Winity] Licensed Windows 2012 DC R2 Hyper-V VPS - 1GB RAM - 50GB SSD Cached Disk for $7/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Winity] Licensed Windows 2012 DC R2 Hyper-V VPS - 1GB RAM - 50GB SSD Cached Disk for $7/month

2»

Comments

• @TarZZ92 said:
    HDD Results are amazing! almost like RAMDISK :O

Hyper-V magic.

• @serverian west coast in the near future?

• @hdpixel said:
    serverian west coast in the near future?

We'll see how this goes.. :)

• @serverian nice initiative, I have ordered one.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @serverian Happy New Year and Happy Launching!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2013

I wish this provider existed earlier

as a major windows user i wouldnt have needed to learn howto use debian (linux) just to get a vps going.

If that torrent rule ever gets removed ill buy one.

• pcanpcan Member
    edited December 2013

AnthonySmith said: I hope your using a KMS server

KMS was the old method. On Windows 2012r2 with a Hyper-V virtualization host there is this new thing called AVMA (Automatic Virtual Machine Activation, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn303421.aspx ). The volume license is installed on the Hyper-V host parent partition only. The generic key listed on the Microsoft knowledge base article is installed on each VPS (it could be scripted or put in the template).

The are two big advantages over KMS: there is no way for the guest to read the "real" key, and the VPS can be migrated to a different host without the need to ensure connectivity to the KMS server (for the reactivation).

I was wondering why no one was offering "proper" hyper-v Windows VPSs; there are big advantages over alternative virtualization solutions, not limited to management side, and no need to install vmware tools or special drivers in the VPS to gain the best performance (everything is simpler and faster for the user). I'm glad to see that @serverian put the much needed innovation on this peculiar VPS product offering and I hope other providers will follow.

• got 1. looks great so far :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR........ :D

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Can I video encode on this server?

• @Ruriko said:
    Can I video encode on this server?

No, sorry.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Happy new year. Wish you all the best for new service and new brand :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Out of curiosity, who designs your websites? They're really slick!

• @0xdragon said:
    Out of curiosity, who designs your websites? They're really slick!

Different designers each time :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

@serverian said:
    Different designers each time :)

Awesome! They're absolutely beautiful.

Would I be allowed to PM you about said designers? I'm looking for one :)

• @0xdragon said:
    Would I be allowed to PM you about said designers? I'm looking for one :)

Sure.

• ReeRee Member

Resource usage not appearing in the control panel -- is this still in development, or possibly related to my disabling all non-essential open ports on the firewall?

Assuming it's due to locking down the firewall, is this OK with you, or do you need them re-enabled (and if so, is there a single IP I can put in the scope so they're not open to the world)?

Oh, and server is awesome. ".NET runtime optimization service" is doing its thing in the background and the server is still very responsive -- usually I have to go have a cup of coffee when it does it's thing on the other Windows VPSes I've used in the past.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @Ree said:
    Resource usage not appearing in the control panel -- is this still in development, or possibly related to my disabling all non-essential open ports on the firewall?

Assuming it's due to locking down the firewall, is this OK with you, or do you need them re-enabled (and if so, is there a single IP I can put in the scope so they're not open to the world)?

Could you please open a ticket so we can check the account?

• Nice. I've just ordered one for my MT4 Trading. Hope it will be stable :-)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @Andy said:
    serverian
    http://winity.io/network-information.php

Orlanda, Florida??

What's wrong with Orlando?

• @petris on the website it's Orlanda

• For Live forex trading I would recommend only Forex hosting, because you want uptime, performance and security. Forex VPS provider do not allow any other activities and they close all ports except RDP from outside.

But this is great offer for DEMO accounts :) No need to spend fortune on hosting for trading virtual money ;)

@nhocconan said:
    Nice. I've just ordered one for my MT4 Trading. Hope it will be stable :-)

• @FXtalk said:
    For Live forex trading I would recommend only Forex hosting, because you want uptime, performance and security. Forex VPS provider do not allow any other activities and they close all ports except RDP from outside.

But this is great offer for DEMO accounts :) No need to spend fortune on hosting for trading virtual money ;)

Nice. I've just ordered one for my MT4 Trading. Hope it will be stable :-)

Thanks for your comment, but I in fact have enough experience to manage servers as well as VPSes, and also can evaluate resources needed for a software, so these are more than enough for me. I usually have at least 3 VPS instances from different providers to avoid any problem to my trading result :-)

• Just grabbed one. But can not find URL to client area. Love your Backupsy products.

• Ordered one as well. How long does setup take ?

• @CountryEd said:
    Just grabbed one. But can not find URL to client area. Love your Backupsy products.

It's in the client area.

@AlanB said:
    Ordered one as well. How long does setup take ?

It takes a few minutes.

• @serverian, sorry for bumping. Are we allowed, or can we update the Windows VPS?

Because last time, I'm having a windows vps, it's set to autoupdate at 3AM, but then the provider suspended me, saying I'm abusing the whole cores for updating the vps.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    serverian, sorry for bumping. Are we allowed, or can we update the Windows VPS?

Because last time, I'm having a windows vps, it's set to autoupdate at 3AM, but then the provider suspended me, saying I'm abusing the whole cores for updating the vps.

Of course you can update it :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Is it possible to get a discount when i use my own Windows license?

• @Serverian
    If you don't mind so can i see speedtest result for this ? :)