Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DE] 7950x/14900k VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[DE] 7950x/14900k VPS

alincupunctalincupunct Member
edited February 3 in Requests

Looking for a 2C4G VPS in Germany, 60-75GB SSD, similar CPU power to 7950x/14900k, some DDoS protection (will be used for a public game server), not interested in Hetzner/Hetzner resellers. Budget is 15€/month.
Netherlands is also an option, depends on my latency to the server.

Comments

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited February 3

@labze might have some offers to share.

edit: never mind.

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • Venocix.de has 7900x3d
    2 vCores and 4 GB Ram for 11 eur.

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • @concept said:
    Venocix.de has 7900x3d

Do you have a test IP / looking glass?

• zGatozGato Member

Aéza has 2 Ryzen 9 7950X3D cores with 4GB of RAM and 60GB NVMe in Falkenstein, Germany (not Hetzner, but Interxion) for 9.89€/month
    Standard DDoS protection comes with this plan and if you don't expect many or any attacks at all, it's perfectly fine (also comes with hourly billing so in case of issues you won't lose months worth of service)

Advanced DDoS protection for game servers is only available in Moscow and with Hi-CPU plans (i9 12900k dedicated cores) which are a bit more costly, but they also have Hi-CPU in Falkenstein with Advanced DDoS protection but have no clue how it will resist attacks.

You can help a friend out if you use my affiliate link, or can just go to their main page without aff

LG/Test IP: https://aeza.net/looking-glass // 212.113.116.234

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

If 5900x or 5950x work for you, we have the following VPS available in Frankfurt, Germany :

4GB DDR4 Dedicated RAM
    4 CPU Cores (AMD Ryzen)
    50 GB NVMe SSD Storage (can bump storage to 60GB for free)
    4TB Bandwidth

https://www.germanyvps.com/

comes with basic DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • @alincupunct said:

@concept said:
    Venocix.de has 7900x3d

Do you have a test IP / looking glass?

Unfortunately no.

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • @zGato said:
    Aéza has 2 Ryzen 9 7950X3D cores with 4GB of RAM and 60GB NVMe in Falkenstein, Germany (not Hetzner, but Interxion) for 9.89€/month
    Standard DDoS protection comes with this plan and if you don't expect many or any attacks at all, it's perfectly fine (also comes with hourly billing so in case of issues you won't lose months worth of service)

Advanced DDoS protection for game servers is only available in Moscow and with Hi-CPU plans (i9 12900k dedicated cores) which are a bit more costly, but they also have Hi-CPU in Falkenstein with Advanced DDoS protection but have no clue how it will resist attacks.

You can help a friend out if you use my affiliate link, or can just go to their main page without aff

LG/Test IP: https://aeza.net/looking-glass // 212.113.116.234

Thing is game servers get attacked, you can't do anything about it, I have no idea how many attacks I will face, if any, but I'd rather be prepared from the start I guess.

• @concept said:
    Venocix.de has 7900x3d

How is their DDoS protection?

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@alincupunct said:
    Looking for a 2C4G VPS in Germany, 60-75GB SSD, similar CPU power to 7950x/14900k, some DDoS protection (will be used for a public game server), not interested in Hetzner/Hetzner resellers. Budget is 15€/month.

Hi,

2 Cores
    4 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe
    2.5 Gbit/s port incl. 30 TB traffic
    1x IPv4, 1x IPv6 address

price per month: 9.90 EUR

Thats hosted on AMD Ryzen 7900 or 5950X CPU's. Basic DDOS protection included.

TestIP: 194.24.160.1

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • @layer7 said:

@alincupunct said:

Hi,

2 Cores
    4 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe
    2.5 Gbit/s port incl. 30 TB traffic
    1x IPv4, 1x IPv6 address

price per month: 9.90 EUR

Thats hosted on AMD Ryzen 7900 or 5950X CPU's. Basic DDOS protection included.

TestIP: 194.24.160.1

What CPU do you get on your 2C8G High CPU pacages?

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@alincupunct said:

Hi,

the HIGH CPU package, you can see on our website is based on AMD EPYC CPU's.

The offer i made you here is not yet on the website. This Ryzen offer will be introduced coming week.

The main differences are, aside of the obvious difference in single core CPU power, that the Ryzen will have local NVMe storage, while the cloud servers have a CEPH backed NVMe storage and the highest package with Ryzen will be somewhere at 6-8 CPU cores with up 32 GB RAM, while the EPYC is offering much more cores and RAM.

For your usecase, with the public server, it depends on the game you actually want to host.

If its well developed in terms of multi core usage, then you could also go with an EPYC, if its more hard on the single core usage, then Ryzen offers here much more performance.
    Also the local NVMe storage will have benefits compared to the CEPH based one.

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • @layer7 said:

@alincupunct said:

Hi,

the HIGH CPU package, you can see on our website is based on AMD EPYC CPU's.

The offer i made you here is not yet on the website. This Ryzen offer will be introduced coming week.

The main differences are, aside of the obvious difference in single core CPU power, that the Ryzen will have local NVMe storage, while the cloud servers have a CEPH backed NVMe storage and the highest package with Ryzen will be somewhere at 6-8 CPU cores with up 32 GB RAM, while the EPYC is offering much more cores and RAM.

For your usecase, with the public server, it depends on the game you actually want to host.

If its well developed in terms of multi core usage, then you could also go with an EPYC, if its more hard on the single core usage, then Ryzen offers here much more performance.
    Also the local NVMe storage will have benefits compared to the CEPH based one.

Alright, tyvm, will consider all the offers and I'll DM you if I'm going wtih yours.

• @alincupunct said:
    Thing is game servers get attacked, you can't do anything about it, I have no idea how many attacks I will face, if any, but I'd rather be prepared from the start I guess.

hmm... If you are concerned about DDoS, I would definitely recommend a server from RoyaleHosting. Although, the CPU performance of their servers isn't as good as you wanted with 7950x or 14900k. It does offer great ddos protection using GSL.

Also, they are located in NL but you should have pretty low latency from Germany. It should be around 10 ms.

Test IP: 45.137.207.1

• OP make sure to ask for YABS from any provider you're seriously considering going with. Not sure what game you want to host but look for a GB6 score of 2000+ (preferably 2500+) to assess the CPU.

• HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider

You can try our Ryzen VPS in Amsterdam

https://portal.hizakura.nl/store/ryzen-vps

Price for 2C4G is €9,95 EUR/mo

Looking glass

https://lg.hizakura.nl/