Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About internal cpanel license cost.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About internal cpanel license cost.

Which VDS or Dedicated Server provider offers the best price for cpanel licenses?

I currently use Hetzner

Comments

• Who could beat the big company prices. The days of cheap cpanel hosting for small companies are over. Cpanel priced us out of the game...

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited January 30

What about DA? I find it quite easy to use today.

Thanked by 1Entexion
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@noisycode said:
    What about DA? I find it quite use to use today.

There is no internal DA licenses anymore. 'Legacy' licenses are available but they're set to EOL in a couple years.

You have to buy from DA directly.

Francisco

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @blackwebhosting said:
    Who could beat the big company prices. The days of cheap cpanel hosting for small companies are over. Cpanel priced us out of the game...

How do the big companies get a better price for cPanel than the smaller companies?

• @Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

There is no internal DA licenses anymore. 'Legacy' licenses are available but they're set to EOL in a couple years.

Francisco

What are you referring to by an "internal" license?

When you speak of "Legacy" you're referring to the old DA lifetime licenses? How can they EOL a license they sold as lifetime?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

When you speak of "Legacy" you're referring to the old DA lifetime licenses? How can they EOL a license they sold as lifetime?

Internal is generally some sort of DC discount.

They’re putting limits on what versions of MySQL you can use. I’m assuming php is next.

Francisco

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @Francisco said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

They’re putting limits on what versions of MySQL you can use. I’m assuming php is next.

Francisco

Change the subject completely. When will the reseller hosting be restocked, DA version I mean?

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@JosephF said:
    How do the big companies get a better price for cPanel than the smaller companies?

Quantity discounts... Just like all other types of purchases..

• emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

I hope they bundle it with a nice price hike.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

The antitrust laws in Europe would prevent this from happening.
    This type of privileges for large companies is unacceptable.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 31

@jmginer said:

Interesting. HostGator has partnered with WHMCS before, who's owned by WebPros (same people who own cPanel/Plesk).

https://www.whmcs.com/hostgator/

• @shileno said:
    Which VDS or Dedicated Server provider offers the best price for cpanel licenses?

I currently use Hetzner

How much are they charging you?

• SatisfyHostSatisfyHost Member, Host Rep

We can offer you the best deal.

• @Advin said:

@jmginer said:

Interesting. HostGator has partnered with WHMCS before, who's owned by WebPros (same people who own cPanel/Plesk).

Nothing is unlimited, HostGator just has other limits to limit the unlimited.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

I have not checked recently, but in cPanel, there is partner program, best they gave is about 55% discount but with volume of 10K monthly.

• @jmginer said:

Their reseller plans start from $35/month, with this amount they can easy bear the cPanel license cost.

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

In regard to large companies being able to offer reseller cPanel offers they still pay per account but as they have so many accounts per server the cost becomes pennies to them and as most of their resellers will never actually use a large amount of single cpanel accounts they can price out this, even if they for 10% of the sold reseller accounts who would actually have enough cpanel accounts that the service becomes unprofitable then as always they just sink that cost as they make enough from the smaller accounts etc, typically they add the per-account limits and then for example you get a disk limit so they assume that the disk limit means you will likely not be able to create enough cpanel accounts that will make a difference in their cost.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

https://support.cpanel.net/hc/en-us/articles/1500011418781-Autoscale-License-Packages

EIG runs on this, 46.50$ base and 25 cents per account.

Quite cheap compared to their reseller hosting pricing.

• @zafouhar said:

@Advin said:

@jmginer said:

Nothing is unlimited, HostGator just has other limits to limit the unlimited.

What are those other limits they impose?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 4

@jmginer said: The antitrust laws in Europe would prevent this from happening.

HostGator's cheapest reseller is $37 per month if you pay annually to get that price heavily discounted. Then, your resource is per plan, not per account. The cheapest plan provides 2GB of RAM and 2 CPUs whether you create one site or fifty. You will hit a CPU/RAM or other resource wall before you will cost them money by creating too many cPanel accounts. Plus, offering unlimited accounts is just the same for anyone; it's a balance/gamble that one reseller may only create a max of 5, another 20, another 7 and so on.

Their plans are not for 'resellers'. They are more for those who want multiple personal sites.

The EU isn't going to do anything about that; every provider can do what they are doing. They may get a deeper unpublished discount due to volume, but that's a standard practice in any industry.

• @JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

No complaints here. The lifetime DA licenses I have show expiry of 2038. Bought around 10 years ago.

• @Entexion said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

No complaints here. The lifetime DA licenses I have show expiry of 2038. Bought around 10 years ago.

Didn't DA stop supporting modern technology (SQL or other) in the lifetime DA licenses?

• @JosephF said:

@Entexion said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

Didn't DA stop supporting modern technology (SQL or other) in the lifetime DA licenses?

Only Mariadb 10.11 for now
    Maybe next is php, exim, named etc.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Only partner price possible with our VPS no profit from License at all.

• LeeLee Veteran

@tra10000 said: Maybe next is php

I'm betting on PHP, slowly making the lifetime licences less and less valuable whilst never actually cancelling them.

• @tra10000 said:

@JosephF said:

@Entexion said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

How would they disable support of it for older license holders?

• @Lee said:

@tra10000 said: Maybe next is php

I'm betting on PHP, slowly making the lifetime licences less and less valuable whilst never actually cancelling them.

I'm doing the same thing for my internal licenses, "for now."

@JosephF said:

@tra10000 said:

@JosephF said:

@Entexion said:

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said:

Francisco

How would they disable support of it for older license holders?

There are a few different methods for this. Long story..
    A quick summary: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/what-is-the-future-for-legacy-directadmin-license-holders.69159/