Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which hypervisor is best to work with
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which hypervisor is best to work with

wilianwilian Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, I don't know if this is the correct category, if not forgive me,
I would like to know which hypervisor you use and which is the best to sell vps, I am currently with Proxmox I want to know the feedback of the others Virtualizor, SolusVM, Solus VM.2, Vmware, cloudstacks and etc.

Comments

• kaitkait Member

Proxmox is the easiest, openstack is more enterprise focused.

• Virtfusion, modern UI and easy to use. All functions available. I prefer automated one click OS installs, and virtfusion can afford it.

Before I was using virtualizor it's also great and stable but Virtfusion is newer and more intiutive.

Thanked by 3BasToTheMax webz sh97
  • webzwebz Barred

+1 for Virtfusion. A little pricey comparing to Virtualizor/SolusVm but 100% worth it also Phill is always there to help you if you face any issue.

• LeviLevi Member

Does solus regained its reputation already?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Levi said:
    Does solus regained its reputation already?

Virtfusion and Virtualizor have more features than SolusVM, so not for us!

• yusrayusra Member

I choose Virtfusion over SolusVM any day. I have to struggle with SolusVM bugs everyday (openvz) but Virtfusion is more stable and what suppose to work, actually does work!

• Proxmox - having tried Virtualizor and Solus.

• LeviLevi Member

@yusra said:
    I choose Virtfusion over SolusVM any day. I have to struggle with SolusVM bugs everyday (openvz) but Virtfusion is more stable and what suppose to work, actually does work!

And the price?

• yusrayusra Member

@Levi said: And the price?

check here and here

• LeviLevi Member

@yusra said:

@Levi said: And the price?

check here and here

Price favours solus product.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Choose the software you are most familiar with. If you are currently fine with Proxmox, just stick with it.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • Technically most of the software you're referring to - Virtualizor, SolusVM, Solus VM.2 are not hypervisors.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 29

@rattlecattle said:
    Technically most of the software you're referring to - Virtualizor, SolusVM, Solus VM.2 are not hypervisors.

Which products are hypervisors?

And what's the practical difference between those that are and those that, technically, aren't?

• @JosephF said:

@rattlecattle said:
    Technically most of the software you're referring to - Virtualizor, SolusVM, Solus VM.2 are not hypervisors.

KVM, Hyper-V, Xen...

• I'm going to test this virtfusion, never heard of it, proxmox is very stable, customers really like it

• Proxmox is stable and easy to use. Lots of YouTube tutorials available

• Promox is like butter for me :D

• @JosephF said:

KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, QNX, Proxmox VE...

And what's the practical difference between those that are and those that, technically, aren't?

Most of the stuff discussed here, like Virtfusion and SolusVM, are panels that manages hypervisors. I do not know if there is a correct name for them, but I would call them something like "Virtualization management platforms".
    For example, SolusVM is a platform that supports multiple hypervisors such as KVM, OpenVZ or Xen.