Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Palworld server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Palworld server.

I need something super small. Lime 3 people slots or so. I'm not seeing anything that small nor cheap. They all run about 12 bucks a month.

Running a dedicated is not really an option here. (Internet sucks)

Anyone know of anything. Maybe like 5 bucks or so. Or can hook me up in general. I can put an add for whatever it is you're selling on our website. Dm me.

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited January 28

We're not game-server focused, but we have been selling a lot of dedicated servers to companies that are and it seems like the big issue is RAM. I did toss up a server for some friends on some legacy Ryzen hardware we still have, and even with only 2-4 of them playing on a 16GB RAM server, it needs the Palworld server restarted every ~day or so.

The part I have been unsure about is actual CPU need. Is some >4GHz Ryzen/i7/i9 tier stuff actually needed? If not, I think providers could be looking towards higher frequency Xeon/EPYC stuff which can support a ton more RAM. The game is just horribly unoptimized at the moment, as I can see on an 8vCPU 5950X it just maxes out 1 core with a tiny bit of spillover to another, and thats it (on top of memory leaks).

Either way if latency in Washington works for you and you don't mind having to restart your Palworld instance every 3-24 hours, I can toss you up on some of the few spaces we have left on our previous Ryzen VPS lineup (5950X). DM me info on your site/what you're looking for.

• LeviLevi Member

Palworld is pre-release software. It is expected to have massive memory leaks as it is full of bugs. Is that game is new minecraft for 13 year old people?

• What location are you looking for? Luxvps has some nice deals currently for servers based in Germany. I am currently running a Palworld server on one and so far it has been very smooth and since I am located in the UK, the latency is pretty good too.

Not sure if affiliate links are allowed here so I apologise in advance and will edit my message but they do also have a post on here.

The server that I bought is a 3 core 10gb DDR4 memory Ryzen 5900X machine which can be had for €34.95/180 days via this link then click on "More" and then "Special offers" on the nav bar at the top. The price works out at just under €6 per month which is insane for the specs of the machine.

Here is a screenshot from htop which shows the usage from the Palworld server while I am connected to it.

• PacketsDecreaserPacketsDecreaser Member, Patron Provider

Check us out we offer palworld gameserver with unlimited slots, you only pay for cpu and ram/storage.
    We also have a webpanel to manage the server.

With the discount code PALWORLD50 you save 50% on your palworld server!

Rent Now

• XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited January 29

@crunchbits said:
    We're not game-server focused, but we have been selling a lot of dedicated servers to companies that are and it seems like the big issue is RAM. I did toss up a server for some friends on some legacy Ryzen hardware we still have, and even with only 2-4 of them playing on a 16GB RAM server, it needs the Palworld server restarted every ~day or so.

The part I have been unsure about is actual CPU need. Is some >4GHz Ryzen/i7/i9 tier stuff actually needed? If not, I think providers could be looking towards higher frequency Xeon/EPYC stuff which can support a ton more RAM. The game is just horribly unoptimized at the moment, as I can see on an 8vCPU 5950X it just maxes out 1 core with a tiny bit of spillover to another, and thats it (on top of memory leaks).

Either way if latency in Washington works for you and you don't mind having to restart your Palworld instance every 3-24 hours, I can toss you up on some of the few spaces we have left on our previous Ryzen VPS lineup (5950X). DM me info on your site/what you're looking for.

I can also confirm that this is the case. The more of the map is travelled, the more memory the server consumes. I setup a cron to stop, backup, and start the server once a day:

Additionally, I'm running on an antique i5-2400, which only has 4 cores and 4 threads. It's able to handle 4 players with peaks at only ~40% CPU usage:

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Xrmaddness said:

Additionally, I'm running on an antique i5-2400, which only has 4 cores and 4 threads. It's able to handle 4 players with peaks at only ~40% CPU usage.

Hmm, that is very interesting. I think the first game server host to ask for the right type of enterprise CPUs coupled with the RAM density you get on those platforms is going to be pretty happy.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness