Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET West London Colocation Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET West London Colocation Providers

I was wondering (making early enquiries, and I am not ready to enter contracts, etc.) if any LET providers offered colocation facilities in West London. I have been really impressed with the dedicated server/colocation deal from Breezehost (dedicated server colocated in Charlotte, USA - cheers @jonbeard and @BreezeHost_Ryan ) and I think I have the colo bug (sounds particularly infective, I know).

West London/Heathrow Airport area would be convenient for me to use my own hardware, but I would love it if any providers offered similar deals to Breezehost's in London (or elsewhere in the UK/EU)

Thanked by 1jonbeard

Comments

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    I was wondering (making early enquiries, and I am not ready to enter contracts, etc.) if any LET providers offered colocation facilities in West London. I have been really impressed with the dedicated server/colocation deal from Breezehost (dedicated server colocated in Charlotte, USA - cheers @jonbeard and @BreezeHost_Ryan ) and I think I have the colo bug (sounds particularly infective, I know).

West London/Heathrow Airport area would be convenient for me to use my own hardware, but I would love it if any providers offered similar deals to Breezehost's in London (or elsewhere in the UK/EU)

We would be interested to provide you colo but sadly we dont have racks in West London would Birmingham in the UK at all be suitable?

• Jack_SBEJack_SBE Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 28

Hi,

We’d love to offer you a colo spot in our Docklands (London, East) facility. We fly in and out from Heathrow regularly and trip is very manageable.

Looking at breeze hosts pricing it’s going to be difficult to compete with that in the EU (but London specifically) due to the higher bottom line costs there.

If you can provide me with actuals on power and bandwidth requirements I’ll try and get you a quote as close to Breeze as possible!

• @Jack_SBE said:
    Hi,

We’d love to offer you a colo spot in our Docklands (London, West) facility.

Looking at breeze hosts pricing it’s going to be difficult to compete with that in the EU (but London specifically) due to the higher bottom line costs there.

If you can provide me with actuals on power and bandwidth requirements I’ll try and get you a quote as close to Breeze as possible!

Docklands and West?

• Jack_SBEJack_SBE Member, Patron Provider

@bgerard said:

@Jack_SBE said:
    Hi,

We’d love to offer you a colo spot in our Docklands (London, West) facility.

Docklands and West?

This is what we call an idiot moment on my half there.

• @Jasonhyperhost said: We would be interested to provide you colo but sadly we dont have racks in West London would Birmingham in the UK at all be suitable?

@Jasonhyperhost - just exploring local options. Thanks for your message though :smile:

• @Jack_SBE said: We’d love to offer you a colo spot in our Docklands (London, East) facility.

Hi @Jack_SBE - I've seen Scaleblade's offers independently of LET. I'm looking to eventually move away from VPSs, and although I do like Hetzner's offerings, I would eventually like to announce my own subnet/use my own hardware. To have easy access to the server is a must (as not everyone can drive). Living in West London near Heathrow, Docklands wouldn't be overly convenient. That being said, Scaleblade is much more competitive than anything offered in most West London colo facilities. Thanks for your reply. Just exploring options at the moment and yours have been the closest to matching requirements.

• @meditatingsurgeon said:

@Jack_SBE said: We’d love to offer you a colo spot in our Docklands (London, East) facility.

Hi @Jack_SBE - I've seen Scaleblade's offers independently of LET. I'm looking to eventually move away from VPSs, and although I do like Hetzner's offerings, I would eventually like to announce my own subnet/use my own hardware. To have easy access to the server is a must (as not everyone can drive). Living in West London near Heathrow, Docklands wouldn't be overly convenient. That being said, Scaleblade is much more competitive than anything offered in most West London colo facilities. Thanks for your reply. Just exploring options at the moment and yours have been the closest to matching requirements.

Might not be the most convenient but the Elizabeth line is an almost direct link between Heathrow and DDC

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

@meditatingsurgeon said:

Thanks for the shoutout! In our research, London power is considerably more expensive (while we are looking to expand into the European market). You may be able to find more affordable options in the Netherlands with close enough proximity if this doesn't yield any results for you my friend.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • HypereHypere Member
    edited January 31

Below is my affordable 3 step plan to colocation in London

• buy colo in Paris or NL
    • fly from lhr to Paris or ams
    • Rack server
  • I remember few years back i had colocation in reading there is some providers Out there