Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Portugal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Portugal

I'm looking for a VPS located in Portugal that is relatively cheap priced around 30 euros a year, the specifications don't need to be anything special (512mb - 1gb) as-long as it has a good uplink and decent bandwidth (I will be using it for a reverse proxy).

Comments

• borowskyborowsky Member
    edited January 27

maybe ginernet
    its slightly above your budget though
    https://ginernet.com/en/vps/

ps my bad you said portugal

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • zGatozGato Member

I'm not aware of any provider in Portugal at the prices you mention, so my recommendation would be to host in Spain. IONOS has VPSs for 1€/month in Madrid.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Not even close to the OPs budget. And got no servers here yet. Maybe in the future.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

Increase your budget. You have too small budget.

This isn't lowendcents.
    Also Portugal pricing is not very friendly like other locations regarding Hardware and Network.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 28

Dotsi.pt with 48.00 eur/year for 1GB memory VPS is among the cheapest options I think.

• I can do spain such as Seville or Madrid, I don't see a test ip for IONOS

• zGatozGato Member

@terrorsoul said:
    I can do spain such as Seville or Madrid, I don't see a test ip for IONOS

This is a random IP I found from them, I guess routing will be the same for all:

• Based on that ip the ping isnt the best, are their any other providers in spain?

• @terrorsoul said:
    Based on that ip the ping isnt the best, are their any other providers in spain?

https://looking.house/points.php?country=8

• Thanks, looks like 62yun, GinerNet and Gcore are the best of the bunch

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • Is 62yun only for russian customers? Anyone have experience with them?

• Low prices still haven't arrived to Portugal. I honestly don't know why.

Your best bet, for now, will be via Madrid (15ms ping from Lisbon or Porto), and on that Ionos has one of the best offers available.

• Im getting 115ms ping with IONOS network so IONOS is sadly not much use to me

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited January 28

Vultr have Spain (Madrid) location.

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited January 28

Maybe can take a look at Melbicom (Madrid, Spain) too.

• Ionos is not in Madrid but the Arsys DC in Logrono. With an mtr check at globalping.io i see a latency of ~20-30ms from Portugal (worse with Edgoo, but Edgoo is quite often worse everywhere with their misrouting...).

But otherwise I would check Vultr in Madrid, Melbicom (Test IP: 5.188.181.8, latency 10-30ms at globalping.io for Portugal, starting at €3.9/m), MVPS in Valencia w/ Tesp IP 31.14.238.100 and latency of 15-30ms at globalping.io for Portugal) or Oneprovider Onecloud in Lisbon (they even have their high performance AMD EPYC instances available there but those start at €10/m).

I guess your best bet would be the smallest Melbicom instance in Madrid.

Thanked by 1tmntwitw
  • The smallest vultr doesnt support ipv4 unless thats extra as an addon?

• zGatozGato Member

@terrorsoul said:
    Is 62yun only for russian customers? Anyone have experience with them?

Using personally, their support is nice, but website is all in russian so you need to translate (I also translated to talk in russian with their staff)

Servers work fine there :)

• The MVPS seems to be the most interesting as its avering around 15 - 20ms,> @zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

Using personally, their support is nice, but website is all in russian so you need to translate (I also translated to talk in russian with their staff)

On their site is shows 1gbps port speed with guaranteed port speed, what sort of speed have you seen? IP's dont change? (some reviews in russian mentioned this a while back)

• zGatozGato Member

@terrorsoul said:
    The MVPS seems to be the most interesting as its avering around 15 - 20ms,> @zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

On their site is shows 1gbps port speed with guaranteed port speed, what sort of speed have you seen? IP's dont change? (some reviews in russian mentioned this a while back)

I'm using their RU - Ekaterinburg location so have no clue about others. Posting speedtest I've just done.

Server works just fine, no IP changes and well, as expected basically.

• @zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:
    The MVPS seems to be the most interesting as its avering around 15 - 20ms,> @zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

I'm using their RU - Ekaterinburg location so have no clue about others. Posting speedtest I've just done.

Are you on guaranteed 1gbps or 250Mbit/s guarantee?

• zGatozGato Member

@terrorsoul said:

@zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

@terrorsoul said:

250Mbit/s guarantee, 1Gbps port

• @zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

@zGato said:

@terrorsoul said:

@terrorsoul said:

250Mbit/s guarantee, 1Gbps port

Great Thanks

@alfatarsos said:
    Low prices still haven't arrived to Portugal. I honestly don't know why.

Your best bet, for now, will be via Madrid (15ms ping from Lisbon or Porto), and on that Ionos has one of the best offers available.

Because it's just too expensive. Believe me, I tried to negotiate with many providers here, none were attractive, especially when I was looking for 10Gbps.

To host a single node I was asked for a switch for myself too, etc. It's crazy. Still planned, but may take time.

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:

@alfatarsos said:

Because it's just too expensive. Believe me, I tried to negotiate with many providers here, none were attractive, especially when I was looking for 10Gbps.

To host a single node I was asked for a switch for myself too, etc. It's crazy. Still planned, but may take time.

Telia / Arelion has a new POP in Lisbon connected with Madrid. Contact them, I'm sure they will give you a good quote. Let me to know by PM and I will send you the contact of the sales rep in that you need ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@jmginer said:

@MikePT said:

@alfatarsos said:

Telia / Arelion has a new POP in Lisbon connected with Madrid. Contact them, I'm sure they will give you a good quote. Let me to know by PM and I will send you the contact of the sales rep in that you need ;)

Sure, send it! :)