Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feast your eyes upon this amalgamation I'm making
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feast your eyes upon this amalgamation I'm making

So I found a few spare parts while cleaning up and decided to cobble them together instead of doing any other sensible way.

1st picture is the test fit of PCIEs bifurcation card and plug others PCIE cards in:

This is going to be a switch and a test platform. 3 x 60mm fans blowing sideways over the motherboard. Fancable could be shorter but I'm saving the time for custom SATA cables instead.

Another angle. I'm using the M.2 slot to give me 2 extra 2.5Gbe. The board only needs 12V so I can get away with a fanless industrial PSU.

After changing to a 40mm Nocture fan, it has just enough space for a 5.25 bay slot.

Rate my build
  1. Rate my build31 votes
    1. Cleanse my eyes
      32.26%
    2. Scam! There are still unsed PCIE lanes.
      67.74%

Comments

• you 3d print that case?

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Nice, :+1:

Put a sticker on it, ASR1002-X :D

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • CrabCrab Member

$7

• @jugganuts said:
    you 3d print that case?

Yes, though not by myself, I sent it to a local 3D printing service. The original plan was to laser cut and bend from sheet metal but that would require custom toolings that I can't afford the time to make. Converting it over is a simple process that save a lot of time and money for single run parts.

• looks good, I too love a fabricated case.

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • Not bad, but I am not quite sure about the airflow

• northernjamesnorthernjames Member, Patron Provider

Nice little build, I like it :joy:

• bootboot Member

Needs a TURBO button.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

But seriously, looks cool. Curious what it cost to have the case 3D printed.

• Unrelated, but what keyboard is that in the background?

• LeviLevi Member

All PCIE lanes must be used. ADHD is strong!

Thanked by 2host_c hades_corps
  • @itsdeadjim said:
    Not bad, but I am not quite sure about the airflow

Me neither, still the only sure way is finishing the lid and bench it.

@boot said:
    Needs a TURBO button.

Great idea! I'll label the power button as turbo, I'm sure I have red LED version of it somewhere. It currently not doing any thing any way. I use auto power on and, as I have a child, I told Proxmox to ignore it.

@raindog308 said:

But seriously, looks cool. Curious what it cost to have the case 3D printed.

Here in APAC it's ~45$ for SLA printing. I had to print twice since every reference ITX 3D model I found are slightly different from each other. This includes the models I got from various case manufacturers. :smiley:

@GreenRuby said:
    Unrelated, but what keyboard is that in the background?

It's called K68 on Lazada (a local ecom in APAC). You can find similar on Ali as both are owned by the same group any way. It's marketed as swap-able switch but don't quoted me on this as I don't know any about mechanical keyboard. It does not even have tilting feet so a bit annoying.
    I need a non-mushy keyboard that have both receiver and multi-device Bluetooth pairing, runs on AA batteries, for which, this fits perfectly. I know there are better one but most are either USB or Bluetooth.

• It's called K68 on Lazada (a local ecom in APAC). You can find similar on Ali as both are owned by the same group any way. It's marketed as swap-able switch but don't quoted me on this as I don't know any about mechanical keyboard. It does not even have tilting feet so a bit annoying.
    I need a non-mushy keyboard that have both receiver and multi-device Bluetooth pairing, runs on AA batteries, for which, this fits perfectly. I know there are better one but most are either USB or Bluetooth.

How much did it cost?

• @GreenRuby said:

It's called K68 on Lazada (a local ecom in APAC). You can find similar on Ali as both are owned by the same group any way. It's marketed as swap-able switch but don't quoted me on this as I don't know any about mechanical keyboard. It does not even have tilting feet so a bit annoying.

How much did it cost?

I paid ~20USD. You could find it as low as 18 on Ali now:
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ez55mnR

Thanked by 1GreenRuby