Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bunny.net ranks as the #1 CDN in the World for 2023
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

bunny.net ranks as the #1 CDN in the World for 2023

got an email from bunny:

Getting faster every year: bunny.net ranks as the #1 CDN in the World for 2023

We're thrilled to announce that bunny.net has been recognized as the fastest CDN 
in the World by CDNPerf in 2023! This achievement underscores our commitment 
to delivering exceptional speed and reliability to our users around the globe.

Here's to another exceptional year as we continue to make the internet hop faster in 2024 as well!

@BunnySpeed any offer? 50% recurring for example.

Comments

• muddymuddy Member

$20 service credit for existing customers? ;-)

• zbzzhzbzzh Member

lol akamai 1st cloudflare 2st
    bunny is a shit

Thanked by 3xms sasslik fart
  • @muddy said:
    $20 service credit for existing customers? ;-)

20€ for a (self-proclaimed?) world leader is far too little!

• @zbzzh said:
    bunny is a shit

bunny emailed me and wrote that they were world leaders in 2023!

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

The loudest marketing award

• dbContextdbContext Member
    edited January 25

@zbzzh said:
    bunny is a shit

By CDNPerf's latency table, if we're going purely off worldwide latency, Akamai is 13th, and Cloudflare is 6th. :#

• danblazedanblaze Member
    edited January 25

@dbContext said:

@zbzzh said:
    bunny is a shit

By CDNPerf's latency table, if we're going purely off worldwide latency, Akamai is 13th, and Cloudflare is 6th. :#

That said, Cloudfare offers a free package, while bunny only has a paid package. So, they don't say which version of Cloudfare this is based on for testing. In the paid package, Cloudfare has some features that reduce overall latency. Even for the free package, the use of tunnels can further reduce the real response latency for users

It's just the one-sidedness of this conclusion.

• emghemgh Member

@danblaze

”Enterprise plan is used for benchmarks.”

However, a straight up average isn’t very helpful.

How many % of users have latency higher than x, etc. That’s interesting too.

And also, if one is 10th place in Africa, but you as a company don’t operate there, but 1th in Europe and the US, where you operate, that’s also more important.

Finally, if DNS queries are a large portion of your services load times, I’ll just congratulate you on a really nicely optimized service where you could utilize the slowest of DNS services and you’d still be blazing fast.

Thanked by 3sasslik xms danblaze
  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited January 25

Bunny isn't bad but it's also not great. Bunny is mostly DataCamp/CDN77/DataPacket anyway, and they have a lot of problems with routing across Asia.

Overall though, routing quality is entirely dependent on your ISP most of the time anyway. There's only so much a CDN can do to serve you content faster.

Mean latency is a really shitty metric in general to measure. You want to take a graph of all of the latencies and then look at the spread and standard deviation. What matters to the average person is that their content is delivered quickly and their pages don't buffer. A CDN with low latency for most people but high latency for some people might get a better average but will still perform worse than a CDN with a reasonable latency for everyone.

I would suggest a different set of tests, starting with hosting the same website on all of the CDNs' best plan. Test things like raw latency, TTFB, speed, a simulated website loading test, etc. Most importantly, rather than taking an average, set a cut off for each metric based on "when an average user will notice the sluggishness" and rate each CDN provider based on how many users they have that meet that criteria.

Thanked by 2emgh fart
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited January 25

I want Bunny to quickly put out an offer that is worthy of a CDN world market leader. @ehab @Mumbly take over!

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 25

@ehhthing add to that: the feature sets

Cloudflare offers A LOT of features. Let’s say you need a lot of them, and a lot of edge rules etc, how would it affect your loading times to have to deploy them onto your actual service because you don’t use Cloudflare

I’m not saying there’s no competitors to Cloudflare, I’d imagine many of the enterprise solutions mentioned have similar offerings, but the Bunny functionality is limited compared to Cloudflare for example

There’s also the whole WAF aspect, and the L7 protection

Thanked by 1fart
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 25

To add to the above: If that metric had any real world value, I’d wager that AWS, Akamai, GCP, Azure, NS1 & Cloudflare would all MAKE SURE to be ahead of Bunny.net, to not lose their enterprise clients

Thanked by 1xms
  • @emgh said:
    To add to the above: If that metric had any real world value, I’d wager that AWS, Akamai, GCP, Azure, NS1 & Cloudflare would all MAKE SURE to be ahead of Bunny.net, to not lose their enterprise clients

NS1 is a CDN?

• yusrayusra Member

The sheer number of Cloudflare's users (especially enterprise section) and it's features are enough to tell anyone how much they should pay attention to what Bunny.net is claiming.

• AWS Cloudfront > BunnyCDN...

at least the AWS one is working rather than X months of "Unfortunately, I do not have an update to provide. I've gone ahead and asked for an update from the team investigating this issue." :D

Thanked by 2xms fart
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 25

@JosephF said:

@emgh said:

NS1 is a CDN?

No, that’s why I mentioned feature sets. At the end of the day, if you operate a service serving large files across the world over a domain, you likely need DNS, CDN, WAF, etc.

My point with that post was simply that least average latency isn’t very interesting when it comes to services meant to respond close to the visitor, such as a DNS or a CDN.

Thanked by 1xms