Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Record breaking data breach [26B records]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• you can query your email/phone here https://cybernews.com/personal-data-leak-check/

Thanked by 2xvps SLMob
  • @varwww said:
    you can query your email/phone here https://cybernews.com/personal-data-leak-check/

Great, my data leaked only 62 times :D :D

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • edited January 24

Hahaha AdultFriendFinder. I'd have never guessed these guys are still alive. Probably still best friends with every adult wanting to place ads in shady places ;)

To be honest a full list of places that had leaks would be more useful than these clever check systems... I'm not going to enter anything there.

• LeviLevi Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    Hahaha AdultFriendFinder. I'd have never guessed these guys are still alive. Probably still best friends with every adult wanting to place ads in shady places ;)

To be honest a full list of places that had leaks would be more useful than these clever check systems... I'm not going to enter anything there.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is pretty trustworthy. In market for years.

• edited January 24

@Levi said:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is pretty trustworthy. In market for years.

Yeah, still not much of a fan. Besides i'd have to try dozens and dozens of accounts (+change passwords afterwards as after entering it there i'd basically consider it breached anyways) as i have literally zero reuse of anything.

• DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

Had the same thought - though I did put in an old email out of curiosity. The results weren't as bad as I expected.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • edited January 24

@DartNode said:

Had the same thought - though I did put in an old email out of curiosity. The results weren't as bad as I expected.

Yeah, i'm not overly bothered either. I'm using about maybe a handful of services that might be overly interesting to such data-hoarders (and i might just preemptively change passwords there). It seems they are mostly going after social media and stuff that has like millions of users, which doesn't really fit my usage profile.

• VoidVoid Member

Do we know if HIBP added this breach db to their site ?

• LeviLevi Member

@jmaxwell said:

No, it is to fresh dump. And I believe their must adjust their infra to absorb 26B records for search.

Thanked by 1Void
  • This thread should be sticky.

• Your personal data was found in the following data leaks: Webhostingtalk.com

• @Levi said:

@jmaxwell said:

No, it is to fresh dump. And I believe their must adjust their infra to absorb 26B records for search.

Doesn't the article say that it (likely?) isn't fresh leaks but rather a collection of those that occurred over time?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • LeviLevi Member

@Levi said:

@jmaxwell said:

Doesn't the article say that it (likely?) isn't fresh leaks but rather a collection of those that occurred over time?

Publicly it is fresh. And I believe HIBP can't add records if it is not public (?).

• edited January 24

@Levi said:
    And I believe HIBP can't add records if it is not public (?).

I'm not sure either. Like i've said, i'm not the biggest fan of such sites in general, so i hardly ever dealt with / looked into them. Maybe someone else knows this?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited January 24

First person to guess which one of these sites had my personal info in it gets a sweet hoodie.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@crunchbits said:

First person to guess which one of these sites had my personal info in it gets a sweet hoodie.

Twitter

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said:

ins?

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • zizizizi Member

@crunchbits said:

GitHub

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said:

AdultFriendFinder or FindPersianWomanOnline?

• VoidVoid Member

@crunchbits said:

LinkedIn

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said:

AdultFriendFinder

• @crunchbits said:

myspace or deezer

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • LeviLevi Member

Don't derail this thread with idiotic rafles. Go to your offer topic and spam there.

# fck_spam

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 24

@Levi said:
    Don't derail this thread with idiotic rafles. Go to your offer topic and spam there.

# fck_spam

Free bump for your thread is bad? I see zero issue with it.

In any case, it actually leads me to read the news in details to know what are the websites affected, raise more awareness.

• LeviLevi Member

@FAT32 said:

@Levi said:

# fck_spam

This is prety important news. Not offer thread, not "do this - receive that". That is disgusting derail.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Levi said:

@FAT32 said:

@Levi said:

# fck_spam

This is prety important news. Not offer thread, not "do this - receive that". That is disgusting derail.

Oy vey! My apologies. I didn't mean to mess with the re-branded business persona.

Thanked by 1VinnyTroia
  • @Levi said:

@Levi said:

@jmaxwell said:

Publicly it is fresh. And I believe HIBP can't add records if it is not public (?).

They only list biggest breaches i guess. Thats why the most are pwned 2-3 times, but i think its more than 10+.

• @crunchbits said: First person to guess which one of these sites had my personal info in it gets a sweet hoodie.

Webhostingtalk.com

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Passkeys ❤️

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Don't worry, somebody from CCP always watching your activities and profiles from the beginning.