Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US - Houston] 1GB VPS $2.00/mo, 2GB $4.95, 4GB $9.95 - 1Gbps, IPV4+IPV6 included, IXP Operator
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US - Houston] 1GB VPS $2.00/mo, 2GB $4.95, 4GB $9.95 - 1Gbps, IPV4+IPV6 included, IXP Operator

DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

DartNode: Visit us here

Howdy y'all its your local Texas based server provider joining the community with some offerings. We're a division of Snaju Inc. - originally a hosting company founded in 2011, with a software development side that took over the main focus and had us launched (literally) into the Space industry. We learned a lot from the space industry, we learned a lot from our hosting clients. We still have some of our original 2011 clients, god bless their hearts. The reason we bring this up: you wont see us (and your data) picking up shop in 6 months never to be heard from again.

DartNode's Start

Last year we decided we were crazy enough to launch a division that focuses on consumer hosting. We built a unique customer portal, as WHMCS had let us down too many times. We added servers to our existing network, and DartNode was born. We didn't stop there though, we have started a Houston based IXP with high quality brand new Juniper networking hardware. We're trying to bring space grade redundancy and reliability to consumer priced hosting. By sharing overhead and leveraging existing deals with vendors - we are committed to satisfaction at accessible prices.

Key Mentions

-We have are a network operator and have an ASN listed at the bottom of the post.
-We own all of our hardware, and have a tech within a few miles of the datacenter 24/7.
-Brand new redundant Juniper networking gear with multiple upstream providers.
-We own our own IP's and strive to keep their quality clear
-Datacenter level DDoS protection
-Unlimited bandwidth (no malicious use permitted)
-We support open source devs and students via our "Give Back" program
-Partner datacenter kept 100% uptime through Hurricane Harvey and the 2021,2024 freezes.
-rDNS Access

Locations

-Houston Texas
West/East Coast USA coming by Q3/Q4 2024 respectively, international POP's in the planning phase

VPS PLANS

VPS-1 Plan
- Price: $2.00 per month

Specifications:
- 1 GB RAM
- 1 vCPU Cores
- 10 GB Storage
- IPv4, IPv6
- DDoS Protection Available
- Backups Available
- Bandwidth: Unlimited
Order Here

VPS-2 Plan
- Price: $4.95 per month

Specifications:
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 vCPU Cores
- 25 GB Storage
- IPv4, IPv6
- Backups Available
Order Here

VPS-3 Plan
- Price: $9.95 per month

Specifications:
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 vCPU Cores
- 100 GB Storage
- IPv4, IPv6
- Backups Available
Order Here

January Special

Dedicated Special for January:
Server Offer: Dual Xeon E5-2660 v4 2.0GHz w/ 28-Cores
- Price: $800 per year, $450 for 6 months or $85 per month.
- Deploy week of 1/29/24

Specifications:
- Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2660 v4 2.0GHz (28 Cores)
- RAM: 64 GB DDR4
- Storage: 1 x 960 6Gbps SSD (Options available, enquire with desired type and size)
Networking:
- Port Speed: 1 Gbps
- IPv4: /29 (4 Usable)
- IPv6: Available at no cost
- IXP Peering

While supplies last! LET is getting first shot at these. Contact Sales to Order! Mention LET exclusive dedi in the ticket

DEDICATED SERVER PLANS

Server Offer: Dual Xeon E5-2650 v4 2.2GHz w/ 24-Cores
- Price: $125.00 per month

Specifications:
- Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2650 v4 2.2GHz (24 Cores)
- RAM: 64 GB DDR4
- Storage: 1 x 1 TB SATA HDD

Networking:
- Port Speed: 1 Gbps
- IPv4: /29 (4 Usable)

Customizable - 3-5 day deployment
Don't see a server you like? Please submit a ticket on our website for a custom build at an aggressive price

All servers are rent to own available. Please contact sales for more information.

Colo

Please contact sales for Colo, we have restructured our colo offerings due to the launch of our IXP. We can find a solution for your needs. Bring your own upstream, or use our network. We can offer hardware solutions as well.

Important Information:

Our ASN: AS399646

Refund Policy: 7 days, auto cancel via control panel

**Check Your Ping: Click Here or ping "23.165.104.1"

Proration Information:
Our billing cycle runs on the first of the month. For your first bill, you will only pay for the time remaining in the current month at a prorated rate.

This means that your initial payment will be adjusted based on the number of days remaining in the current month from your activation date. January special excluded from proration.

We have a 50% off sale for your first payment, this applies towards the prorated payment since we are late in the billing cycle

Payment Methods: We accept card, PayPal, CashApp, Ali Pay, and a few others through our checkout.

Thanked by 1keoir

Comments

• Got my plan!

• DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

@deadfox said:
    Got my plan!

Appreciate the support, don't hesitate to open a ticket and let us know if you need anything or have any suggestions!

• Samuel_SSHSamuel_SSH Member
    edited January 23

Hey, don't mean to be a Debbie downer here but I see a few things that at best are misrepresentations and at worst, malicious lies.

First, your claim of owning your IP space. You do own 1 /24, that being 23.165.104.0/24. But the other two blocks (166.0.104.0/24, and 23.26.133.0/24) are leased from IPXO, an IP space leasing service with a truly terrible track record (see: Heficed). Either clearly state which blocks are owned and which are not, or don't make the claim at all.
    Note: The IP space owners of the parent blocks are Ace Datacenters, who seem to be a reputable long-standing host so I wouldn't be too worried about them stopping to lease the blocks. Unfortunately, though, a lot of IPXO/Heficed block owners do not have as good a reputation for their longevity.

In addition, you claim to have a fully redundant network core, which I can't confirm nor deny, but you also claim to have multiple upstream providers, which is just untrue.
    I have a presence in TRG Datacenters, and I know that EZEE fiber does come in on a dedicated buried fiber line, which is better than the leased aerial/pole fiber that Cogent and other providers come in on, but don't claim to have multiple upstreams if you simply don't. This also does not give confidence in the "Datacenter level DDoS protection" you advertise as an option for $35/mo

I do find it admirable that you're trying to start up an IXP, but you seem to be using your company's IP space allocation for it, which is not optimal and against best practices as IXP/peering LAN address space should never be present in the DFZ or announced by any ASN. If you cannot apply for or obtain specifically allocated IXP IP space from ARIN, you should use RFC1918/private IP addresses. You should also really have a route server if you want to be an IXP operator to make peering easier for new members. I'd also like to see more information about the equipment used for the peering LAN itself. If you'd like to cover the NRC XC cost at TRG, I'd be happy to join your IX at 10Gbps and will provide my end's optics for it. (Contact me on discord: @ssh_)

On a lighter note, while I was initially skeptical of your 100% uptime guarantees, your SLA, in fact, is 100% and your compensation scheme and covered outage causes are in line with or better than other providers. If I try to nit-pick, only giving clients 24 hours to claim SLA credit is not exactly the standard in the industry with most providers giving anywhere from 14-30 days from the end of the downtime event to claim SLA credits.

To be very clear here, I'm not trying to "shit on" your host. I'm glad to see more hosting provider presence in TRG, maybe we'll get more T1 carriers in here like HE or Arelion. If you address anything I've mentioned here or want any feedback you can contact me (discord is above) and I'll be more than happy to edit or even take down my post.

P.S. I'd like to see some more detail as to the specifications of your VPS because "E5" could mean anything from an E5-2620 to an E5-2697v4, and there is no information as to the type, redundancy, or speed of the storage provided.

• DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

@Samuel_SSH said:
    Hey, don't mean to be a Debbie downer here but I see a few things that at best are misrepresentations and at worst, malicious lies.

First, your claim of owning your IP space. You do own 1 /24, that being 23.165.104.0/24. But the other two blocks (166.0.104.0/24, and 23.26.133.0/24) are leased from IPXO, an IP space leasing service with a truly terrible track record (see: Heficed). Either clearly state which blocks are owned and which are not, or don't make the claim at all.
    Note: The IP space owners of the parent blocks are Ace Datacenters, who seem to be a reputable long-standing host so I wouldn't be too worried about them stopping to lease the blocks. Unfortunately, though, a lot of IPXO/Heficed block owners do not have as good a reputation for their longevity.

In addition, you claim to have a fully redundant network core, which I can't confirm nor deny, but you also claim to have multiple upstream providers, which is just untrue.
    I have a presence in TRG Datacenters, and I know that EZEE fiber does come in on a dedicated buried fiber line, which is better than the leased aerial/pole fiber that Cogent and other providers come in on, but don't claim to have multiple upstreams if you simply don't. This also does not give confidence in the "Datacenter level DDoS protection" you advertise as an option for $35/mo

I do find it admirable that you're trying to start up an IXP, but you seem to be using your company's IP space allocation for it, which is not optimal and against best practices as IXP/peering LAN address space should never be present in the DFZ or announced by any ASN. If you cannot apply for or obtain specifically allocated IXP IP space from ARIN, you should use RFC1918/private IP addresses. You should also really have a route server if you want to be an IXP operator to make peering easier for new members. I'd also like to see more information about the equipment used for the peering LAN itself. If you'd like to cover the NRC XC cost at TRG, I'd be happy to join your IX at 10Gbps and will provide my end's optics for it. (Contact me on discord: @ssh_)

On a lighter note, while I was initially skeptical of your 100% uptime guarantees, your SLA, in fact, is 100% and your compensation scheme and covered outage causes are in line with or better than other providers. If I try to nit-pick, only giving clients 24 hours to claim SLA credit is not exactly the standard in the industry with most providers giving anywhere from 14-30 days from the end of the downtime event to claim SLA credits.

To be very clear here, I'm not trying to "shit on" your host. I'm glad to see more hosting provider presence in TRG, maybe we'll get more T1 carriers in here like HE or Arelion. If you address anything I've mentioned here or want any feedback you can contact me (discord is above) and I'll be more than happy to edit or even take down my post.

P.S. I'd like to see some more detail as to the specifications of your VPS because "E5" could mean anything from an E5-2620 to an E5-2697v4, and there is no information as to the type, redundancy, or speed of the storage provided.

Hey - really appreciate the feedback. We aren't trying to misrepresent nor lie to anyone. Snaju is a Space Development company and I understand it could be confusing being outside looking in and trying to differentiate from DartNode.

I want to clarify that all of our offerings are hosted on our owned IP blocks. We have already applied for more - both for our customers, and the IXP as you suggested. It's just a matter of waiting now. The IXP as a whole is very new - it is still being configured, final cross connects installed, and secondary uplink established. This should be in place by end of week. We would love your input on our IXP and configuration, maybe that conversation can also clear up some misconceptions on our current configuration plans.

As to the upstream, we have another provider in addition to Ezee, Cogent. Our DDoS protection has been effective and it's more than a smokescreen. Our most DDoS prone customer is amusingly a large Minecraft community run by a YouTuber and we've been able to identify and mitigate attacks with success. Of course I can't make any claims beyond this. If you'd like to see our setup in person I'd be more than happy to meet you at TRG one day.

The 24 hour policy is in place - but overall I want everyone to realize we are reasonable, transparent, and our intention is to approach with honesty. We aren't trying to play games of "gotcha" - we can certainly extend the window to claim SLA credits.

I will revisit the post tomorrow and update the specs of our current host nodes. I'll reach out to you on Discord.