Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My review of Turkey 256NAT promo | KhanWebHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My review of Turkey 256NAT promo | KhanWebHost

Several days ago, one of friends (he is located in Iran) asked me to find him a cheap VPS near Iran and after some research and posting, I suggested to him the Turkey 256NAT promo plan from KhanWebHost.

Since he wants to use the server for personal VPN, there was no need for a fancy speced server and a Nat server with enough bandwidth and traffic could do the job just fine. (In Iran he uses another domestic server to route his traffic from it to the Turkey server because if one directly connects to a foreign server for VPN in Iran, the IP of the foreign server will be blocked in matter of hours)

The Turkey 256NAT promo plan from KhanWebHost is as following:

CPU: 1 CPU Cores (Fair Usage)
RAM: 256 MB
Disk: 5 Gb SSD Disk Space
Bandwidth: 1000 GB @1GB/sec
NAT IPV4
**No IPV6
$4.99 USD Annually

Before buying the service, our only problem was KhanWebHost's lack of support for payments via crypto and that could cause issue for my Iranian friend because he couldn't use other available payment methods. (because of international sanctions on Iran)

He managed to pay for the service with another friend (outside of Iran obviously) and from the payment till server showing up in his profile for usage, it took less than minutes. Only issue was that the service was a Nat and obviously there was no dedicated IP or full range of port support so we should know what the shared public IPv4 and available ports were. (the received email had no mention of these info in it)

First we opened a ticket but we said let's try the live chat and I should mention that for such a low priced service, the chat operator responded within minutes and provides us with the shared public IPv4 address and 20 available ports + one SSH port.

Before posting the YABS benchmark of the service, I should mention that up to know, my friend has not had any issue with the server and uptime and stability have been pretty good.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2024-01-01                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 22 Jan 2024 12:33:44 PM EST

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 2 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz
CPU cores  : 1 @ 2699.996 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 209.7 MiB
Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
Disk       : 3.8 GiB
Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
VM Type    : KVM
IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
ISP        : Mailbox Internet Hizmetleri Ltd. Sti.
ASN        : AS62425 Mailbox Internet Hizmetleri Ltd. Sti.
Host       : Kuzey Veri Merkezi Anonim Sirketi
Location   : Istanbul, Istanbul (34)
Country    : Türkiye

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 17.77 MB/s    (4.4k) | 206.03 MB/s   (3.2k)
Write      | 17.77 MB/s    (4.4k) | 207.11 MB/s   (3.2k)
Total      | 35.54 MB/s    (8.8k) | 413.15 MB/s   (6.4k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 191.22 MB/s    (373) | 107.40 MB/s    (104)
Write      | 201.38 MB/s    (393) | 114.56 MB/s    (111)
Total      | 392.61 MB/s    (766) | 221.96 MB/s    (215)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 237 Mbits/sec   | 455 Mbits/sec   | 44.7 ms        
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 48.0 ms        
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 403 Mbits/sec   | 687 Mbits/sec   | 46.6 ms        
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 122 Mbits/sec   | 185 Mbits/sec   | 120 ms         
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 161 Mbits/sec   | 81.8 Mbits/sec  | 116 ms         
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 154 Mbits/sec   | 68.7 Mbits/sec  | 143 ms         
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 97.5 Mbits/sec  | 59.8 Mbits/sec  | 186 ms         

Geekbench test failed and low memory was detected. Add at least 1GB of SWAP or use GB4 instead (higher compatibility with low memory systems).

YABS completed in 14 min 51 sec
Thanked by 2AK_KWH ezeth

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

❌ Offline

Totally unacceptable.

Thanked by 3brueggus Warkos shruub
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 22

@yoursunny said:

❌ Offline

Totally unacceptable.

Do not worry Mr Sunny
    They have IPv6

$0.5/mo for /128, $1/mo for /64

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said:

❌ Offline

Totally unacceptable.

Do not worry Mr Sunny
    They have IPv6

$0.5/mo for /128, $1/mo for /64

Totally unacceptable.
    /64 and below must be free.
    /56 and above may have a price.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

In Turkey DC no one is allowing us to announce the subnets but i m still trying my best to offer routed Subnet there we have almost available in all of our locations :smile: > @yoursunny said:

❌ Offline

Totally unacceptable.

• Ty for review, I had doubts before I bought it.

• If someone needs to find the SSH port quicker, without contacting the support, try this:

Access the VPS by VNC and type: ifconfig. You'll get a local IP address, such as 192.168.1.111. Or you can actually find this local IP in their panel, without using VNC.

The SSH port will usually be like:

The IPv4 address is the same one as shown for VNC access.