Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requesting a VPS in any city in Japan, except for Tokyo and Osaka.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Requesting a VPS in any city in Japan, except for Tokyo and Osaka.

Looking for a Japanese VPS located in any cities other than Tokyo and Osaka. I looked around for a bit but couldn't find any reliable hosting providers that make purchasing a server as a non-Japanese person easy. The translation often does not work, and they require registration to be done using a Japanese phone number, etc.

There are a couple of large-scale cloud providers, Sakura and GMO, but it is difficult to purchase a server from them in America. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comments

• I don't have any services with them, but I happened to come across tsukaeru.net while searching for a Japan VPS some time ago. They are apparently located in Nagano.

• It's easy to purchase from sakura.
    It is also easy to purchase from several of gmo's worldwide brands.

Of course, these purchase require real info.
    If you use fake info, then it's very difficult indeed.

• @BetaRacks said:
    It's easy to purchase from sakura.

Hi BetaRacks,

Thank you. You are right.

Sakura informed me that they only accept Japanese registered addresses and do not have any reseller program to support us through an intermediary. So, Japanese servers for Japanese business. No luck for us.

Regarding GMO, they only have servers available in Tokyo for worldwide purchase under their GMO Cloud America brand. It is fairly easy to get to servers in Tokyo and Osaka.

• @tmntwitw said: I happened to come across tsukaeru.net while searching for a Japan VPS some time ago. They are apparently located in Nagano

Same story, my friend. They require identity verification and will respond after 2 business days of purchasing the server.

• Finding such a VPS is very difficult I think.
    Many Japanese VPS providers use DCs in Tokyo or Osaka and Japanese networks always go through Tokyo or Osaka(My homenet at Japan too).

• There are a few data centers in places like Hokkaido (the northernmost part of Japan) and Fukuoka (close to South Korea), but it's not clear if you can sign up for them from outside Japan. Hopefully, this list can give you some hints...
    https://www.jdcc.or.jp/dclist/?row1=9&row2=13&row3=10&row4=11

• How about this?
    They have Fukushima and Fukuoka DCs
    https://www.idcf.jp

• @Operable4829 said:

@BetaRacks said:
    It's easy to purchase from sakura.

Hi BetaRacks,

Thank you. You are right.

Sakura informed me that they only accept Japanese registered addresses and do not have any reseller program to support us through an intermediary. So, Japanese servers for Japanese business. No luck for us.

Regarding GMO, they only have servers available in Tokyo for worldwide purchase under their GMO Cloud America brand. It is fairly easy to get to servers in Tokyo and Osaka.

Hi

Maybe.
    You should rent a mail forwarding service for your address.

• Hey guys, thought I would share some feedback.

Thank you very much to @BetaRacks I was able to get a server with Sakura. It was a bit tricky, but I was able to get the approval from them.

@Porlam Great suggestion, but they do not approve registration without a Japanese phone number. As they are a larger DC, they have some business registration procedures that are difficult for us to follow. Great support team, though.

@tototo Thank you very much for the list I am going through each one.

Thank you everyone.