Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10% Price Increase (again) by Hostmantis
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10% Price Increase (again) by Hostmantis

JasonMJasonM Member
edited January 22 in News

Under the pretext of cool term "price adjustment" the not-so-favorite hosting provider Hostmantis again increasing its pricing accross all hosting products, cpanel/DA/enterprise from March, 1st, 2024.

I was their customer earlier and still receiving emails in my spam box. Here's the latest annoucement for them:

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this message finds you well. We are reaching out to share some important updates regarding our pricing structure, effective March 1st.

At Hostmantis.com, we are continually striving to deliver exceptional service while managing the realities of the current economic landscape, notably rising inflation. Our team is dedicated to maintaining the effectiveness of our human resources and addressing the increased costs of licenses and other operational expenses.

To continue providing the high-quality service you've come to expect, we find it necessary to adjust our pricing. Starting March 1st, there will be a 10% increase in our prices. This decision was not made lightly, and we have taken every possible measure to minimize its impact on our customers.

We understand that price changes can be challenging, and we want to assure you that we are committed to keeping our prices as competitive as possible. Our team is working tirelessly to optimize our operations and continue delivering the value and service you rely on.

We are grateful for your understanding and continued partnership. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Regards,

Patrice Baribeau
CEO
Hostmantis.com

earlier their pricing to quality ratio was really good. Then price started rising and quality gone down, then many of the users who are active on LET left Hostmantis. Not honouring lifetime/recurring coupons, hiking prices by 70% to 300% just after their recurring promotions gets over (so you've to renew services at non-promotion price), and such other things made Hostmantis look SCAM so most of users left when they were getting sold to another provider, I was wondering this scam shop is still alive!

How many of you are still with Hostmantis??

Thanked by 1emgh

Comments

• Who was the original owner that founded HostMantis?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited January 22

@JosephF said: Who was the original owner that founded HostMantis?

Scott from Michigan was founder-owner. Later it got sold to some canadian provider called DynamicHosting, and then to Likuid, a french-canadian owner.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 22

It makes sense to me, honestly. cPanel is just increasing prices every year at this point and hosts are expected to eat it without much backlash, same with WHMCS and Plesk. It used to cost something like $45/month for unlimited accounts, now cPanel is making yearly price "adjustments" in order to "better" their products.

Hardware and power costs are just starting to go up at this point, things are starting to get more expensive in some cases.

I don't blame them for wanting to increase pricing, 10% is not that much.

Thanked by 3hyena56 RapToN Mattmatt
  • emghemgh Member

I got banned from LET for saying what I think about HostCantis so I’ll shut up.

But I hate them.

Thanked by 2hyena56 PineappleM
  • I don't think any LET user still using their services.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • VoidVoid Member

HostManTits

• edited January 22

@emgh said:

Shouldn't that be HostCuntis?

Thanked by 3emgh JasonM PineappleM
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 22

It was solid trash host for warez sites and other abuse.

The stuff which providers which would ban you immediately for, was fine at hostmantis. Nobody seemingly gave a flying fuck. I think my shared hosting plan was using tons of CPU due to cloud mining of shitcoins back then cause I gave access to my friend who immediately abused the crap out of it.

I literally decided to test if they care at all about resource usage and let it run. The provider was seemingly on autopilot.

Thanked by 2JasonM PineappleM
  • emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

Shouldn't that be HostCuntis?

I’m fine with both

Really they should just rebrand to PriceHikeis and be done with it

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Are they still priced for the LowEnd?

• emghemgh Member

@JosephF said:
    Are they still priced for the LowEnd?

Not price-wise but they’re low end in most other aspects. Hope that’s good enough for you.

• @Advin said: cPanel is just increasing prices every year

right, cpanel does increases pricing, but hostmantis increased them by 25% last year, and prior to that some users annual plan costing $30 went to $180 on renewal. Also, directadmin never increased per account pricing, still Hostmantis asked for site-wide price increase! No host ever hiked prices in this way. Also, when the host was aware cPanel would increase the price every year, they should have not got recurring promo and then once users purchases fo $x amount they're invoice $xx on renewal. Hostmantis very well knew they were falsely promoting the hosting plans, both cpanel/directadmin, and that where I and many other left. Today I'm hosting since two year with racknerd, buyshared, and other host with recurring deal/offer/pricing or regular pricing and never found anyone increasing them for renewal unless the upstream (cpanel) drastically hikes pricing.

• I would love to receive an email like that, but with a price drop. I never received a n email addressed respectfully with a price drop.