Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1blu KVM VPS with 4vCores, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, own ISO,first year 12€/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1blu KVM VPS with 4vCores, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, own ISO,first year 12€/yr

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited January 20 in General

Just found this via Mydealz.
Just don't forget to cancel in time :)

https://www.1blu.de/server/vserver/

Never used them before but seems like a steal for a year :P

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12

Comments

• Interesting.

During the order procedure:

"1 price/month incl. 19% VAT. One-off setup fee of €9.90 for a contract term of 1 month; No one-off setup fee with a contract term of 12 months. Contract term either 1 month or 12 months; Contracts can be terminated at any time with one month's notice before the end of the contract. If ordered by January 31, 2024, VPS SX with a contract term of 12 months for €1/month in the first 12 months; then regular price of €5.90/month. Orders are limited to one package per customer."

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Only for Germany.

Netcup 1€ Black Friday was a steal. :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @lovelyserver said:
    Interesting.

During the order procedure:

"1 price/month incl. 19% VAT. One-off setup fee of €9.90 for a contract term of 1 month; No one-off setup fee with a contract term of 12 months. Contract term either 1 month or 12 months; Contracts can be terminated at any time with one month's notice before the end of the contract. If ordered by January 31, 2024, VPS SX with a contract term of 12 months for €1/month in the first 12 months; then regular price of €5.90/month. Orders are limited to one package per customer."

Yup, you'd need to select 12 month period and then cancel in time to get the 1€/mo pricing.

This apparently is easy enough via the client area (apparently you need to click on a confirmation link in your email to cancel as well).

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @jenkki said:
    Only for Germany.

Netcup 1€ Black Friday was a steal. :smiley:

What was the deal?

• @allthemtings said: What was the deal?

They offer 1€ per month billed monthly for next 12 months.

• edited January 20

Not sure if i'd trust them with my 12€. While 1blu has been around for years (that's good) i've never seen them mentioned anywhere relevant (that's bad) and they've always seemed like bottom of the barrel price dumpers (that's also bad), so while chances are they won't deadpool i wouldn't count on a great experience. If one likes to gamble a bit it might still pay off though.

• Tried to buy this plan but was impossible, they wanted me to call them to activate and all kind of weird arguments, I dunno I think they try to lore people in with this deal but nobody ever gets it.

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    call them

Seriously? Being called would already be weird enough but making the client call (potentially overseas and whatnot...) is kind of mindblowingly crazy.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    call them

Seriously? Being called would already be weird enough but making the client call (potentially overseas and whatnot...) is kind of mindblowingly crazy.

This is indeed something I haven't encountered with any other german provider before. Then again, I'm pretty sure they are legit. They have been in the German market for a very long time iirc.

• @WhiteRoseG said: they wanted me to call them to activate and all kind of weird arguments

It's only for Germany. They need to check your German language. They may also ask you to fax the order as usual. :wink:

• @Ympker said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    call them

This is indeed something I haven't encountered with any other german provider before. Then again, I'm pretty sure they are legit. They have been in the German market for a very long time iirc.

Yeah, i think i remember them from at least 10 years ago. Probably even more.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • EndbrEndbr Member

Seems like the offer is for Germany only.

• @jenkki said:

@WhiteRoseG said: they wanted me to call them to activate and all kind of weird arguments

It's only for Germany. They need to check your German language. They may also ask you to fax the order as usual. :wink:

Fax?! is this still a thing in Germany of 2024?

• loayloay Member

@jenkki said:

@allthemtings said: What was the deal?

They offer 1€ per month billed monthly for next 12 months.

This is still available.

• @default said:

@jenkki said:

@WhiteRoseG said: they wanted me to call them to activate and all kind of weird arguments

Fax?! is this still a thing in Germany of 2024?

Unfortunately, some companies still swear on it...

• Try to order it you will see

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 21

@Ympker said:
    Just found this via Mydealz.
    Just don't forget to cancel in time :)

https://www.1blu.de/server/vserver/

Never used them before but seems like a steal for a year :P

You should be able to cancel it, effective at the end of the paid thru term, right after ordering it.

Not sure if i'd trust them with my 12€. While 1blu has been around for years (that's good) i've never seen them mentioned anywhere relevant (that's bad) and they've always seemed like bottom of the barrel price dumpers (that's also bad), so while chances are they won't deadpool i wouldn't count on a great experience. If one likes to gamble a bit it might still pay off though.

Other than not getting mentioned much, the rest of your points sounds like a lot of providers here.

• Nice, but currently I don't want to lose my house.

• @loay said: This is still available.

Yes but need to pay 12€ per once.

• @JosephF said:

Other than not getting mentioned much, the rest of your points sounds like a lot of providers here.

Fair enough but then i wouldn't just randomly order around here without some kind of background check either. Well unless i'd have some incentive to for whatever reason evaluate just that exact provider.

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 21

@jenkki said:
    They may also ask you to fax the order as usual. :wink:

Were this in Italy, they'd ask customers to queue at the post office to pay a tax stamp instead. And then send a fax.

I'm kidding, but only half kidding...
    Yes I'm depressed.

• @davide said: I'm kidding

An acquaintance of mine canceled his subscription with Netcup and faxed them a request to do so. The German bureaucracy still practices this method :smiley:

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 21

@jenkki said:
    An acquaintance of mine canceled his subscription with Netcup and faxed them a request to do so. The German bureaucracy still practices this method :smiley:

Which is 200 years more advanced than sending a registered mail to Mr. Government in Rome to request one fucking refund from the hospital. I said I'm depressed, stop harassing me, I have it worse@!!