Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered 10Gbps servers for a reasonable price, any hope?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered 10Gbps servers for a reasonable price, any hope?

Hello,

So the short story is, I have a reverse proxy app that mostly and mainly proxies HTTP live streams, I'm currently operating it on an unmetered 1Gbps server.

So issue #1 is that 1Gbps kind of no longer satisfies the size of my user base, which leads to buffering at times, especially throughout the peak times
Moving to a 10Gbps server should solve this issue

But then issue #2 is that my daily traffic usage on my current server is around 2 to 3 terabytes (that's the inbound + outbound combined together I believe)
And having looked at the available 10Gbps deals with various providers, it's really expensive to move to a 10Gbps server that would accept this amount of traffic

So my question is, and I believe that I'm asking for too much but just confirming whether it's possible or no. Are there any unmetered (or at least high-quota) 10Gbps servers for a reasonable price?
My budget at the moment is around 200 to 250 USD/EUR a month. RAM is fine as long as its 8GB or over, CPU is fine as long as its 4 cores or more.

I found this deal with a provider: 32GB RAM, dedicated 10Gbps @ 100TB outbound traffic, 4x8T CPU (all this at 79 EUR/mo). and my other question is, can I consider this the best deal that I can find? or can there be better?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanked by 1maruf

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

100TB would hardly be 400 Mbits on a 95th percentile commitment. If you are asking for unmetered deals, you'd be looking at whole different traffic levels ..

That being said, you might want to inquire with Datapacket.com to see if they can fit your bill :)

• Is 10Gbps needed? 1-10 seems a big jump you can find a lot of deals with 2-5Gbps for a lot cheaper. Just a thought

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi, no problem with our 10G dedicated servers.

• https://terrahost.com/dedicated-servers

100 dollars for their lowest end 10gbps server, "fair use" according to their ToS is 1gbps on 10gbps line before they ask you to upgrade. So that's 300TB @ 10gbps monthly, which should be enough for what you said.

• @oddmario said:
    Hello,

So the short story is, I have a reverse proxy app that mostly and mainly proxies HTTP live streams, I'm currently operating it on an unmetered 1Gbps server.

So issue #1 is that 1Gbps kind of no longer satisfies the size of my user base, which leads to buffering at times, especially throughout the peak times

But then issue #2 is that my daily traffic usage on my current server is around 2 to 3 terabytes (that's the inbound + outbound combined together I believe)
    And having looked at the available 10Gbps deals with various providers, it's really expensive to move to a 10Gbps server that would accept this amount of traffic

So my question is, and I believe that I'm asking for too much but just confirming whether it's possible or no. Are there any unmetered (or at least high-quota) 10Gbps servers for a reasonable price?
    My budget at the moment is around 200 to 250 USD/EUR a month. RAM is fine as long as its 8GB or over, CPU is fine as long as its 4 cores or more.

I found this deal with a provider: 32GB RAM, dedicated 10Gbps @ 100TB outbound traffic, 4x8T CPU (all this at 79 EUR/mo). and my other question is, can I consider this the best deal that I can find? or can there be better?

Hello, we can provide you:

Intel Xeon E5-2620v4
    16GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    128GB SSD NVMe PCIe
    330TB @ 10Gbps or 1Gbps @ 10Gbps (95th percentile)

€220/month VAT incl.
    For an additional price we can also provide you (even in the future) 25Gbps or 100Gbps servers.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited January 20

You should get a server with 10Gbps Unmetered
    ~3300TB (in theory)

Not a 10Gbps @300 or 100TB its useless. Its just like 1Gbps @ 24/7 maxout so you'll probably just consume that in no time. Proxies eat a lot of BANDWIDTH IN + OUT

• @RickBakkr said:
    100TB would hardly be 400 Mbits on a 95th percentile commitment. If you are asking for unmetered deals, you'd be looking at whole different traffic levels ..

That being said, you might want to inquire with Datapacket.com to see if they can fit your bill :)

Datapacket was one of the first ones I checked but unfortunately it doesn't suit my budget :(

@allthemtings said:
    Is 10Gbps needed? 1-10 seems a big jump you can find a lot of deals with 2-5Gbps for a lot cheaper. Just a thought

I am trying to ensure that I can have something a bit futureproof, but do you know any good 5Gbps deals?

@PHP_Friends said:

Hello, I have opened a ticket through your website :)

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited January 20

@oddmario said:

@RickBakkr said:

Datapacket was one of the first ones I checked but unfortunately it doesn't suit my budget :(

@allthemtings said:
    Is 10Gbps needed? 1-10 seems a big jump you can find a lot of deals with 2-5Gbps for a lot cheaper. Just a thought

I am trying to ensure that I can have something a bit futureproof, but do you know any good 5Gbps deals?

@PHP_Friends said:

Hello, I have opened a ticket through your website :)

10Gbps unmetered is like ~3300TB in theory. If you don't feel you don't need such bandwidth go with 2Gbps first, if it isnt sufficient go with 5Gbps, if still not then 10Gbps. But as the bandwidth goes higher expect it to cost more. Some provider here offer a 10Gbps unmetered @ $500 that's just the bandwidth not yet with a server (mostly you'll be either serving most of your traffic via Cogent or HE with that price)

• I would definitely recommend Avoro/PHP-Friends or Tube-hosting if you are looking for something in the EU. If its US, I think @crunchbits and @1gservers can help you with this.

• 10 Gbps port advertised. Not sure if it really being. $2,5 per month cheapest offer

https://en.vpsville.ru/

• tempest.net

Thanked by 1oddmario
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Assuming your content is legal, have a look at our unmetered Dedicated Servers - the 10G unmetered is dedicated, unshared capacity.

https://www.clouvider.com/unmetered-dedicated-servers/

Thanked by 1oddmario
  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

We can definitely help you with this. We have a 10g unmetered server special for $549/mo. Price is recurring.

https://1gservers.com/10g-unmetered-dedicated-servers.html

Thanked by 1oddmario
  • @jenkki said:
    10 Gbps port advertised. Not sure if it really being. $2,5 per month cheapest offer

https://en.vpsville.ru/

Hell no, probably this was just a marketing. And you can just burst it 10Gbps. Live proxies, consume the port constantly (the most problem here was its both IN+OUT). If it was a large base. OP can consume it 24/7 thats a lot of bandwidth

Thanked by 2oddmario tentor
  • @1gservers said:

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

We can definitely help you with this. We have a 10g unmetered server special for $549/mo. Price is recurring.

That’s like double his budget 😅

• @allthemtings said:

@1gservers said:

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

His budget is a bit low for true 10G unmetered, but would work fine for metered 10G.

There aren't many providers selling 10G unmetered for 250 USD/mo sadly

Thanked by 1allthemtings
  • @Moopah said:

@allthemtings said:

@1gservers said:

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

His budget is a bit low for true 10G unmetered, but would work fine for metered 10G.

There aren't many providers selling 10G unmetered for 250 USD/mo sadly

https://avoro.eu/de/dedicated-server/

I believe they can offer it within budget

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@allthemtings said:

@1gservers said:

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

We do offer a 10Gbps server with 200TB/mo data transfer included starting at $173/mo:

https://portal.1gservers.com/order/?form_id=132&coupon=2690SAVE50&pack1[options][1210]=1946&pack1[options][1199]=1959

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

Check out our catalog: https://tempest.net/

All of our Dedicated Servers including some Budget Dedicated include 10Gbps true unmetered starting from $59.99/mo.

let me know if you have any questions.

Thanked by 1oddmario
  • MoopahMoopah Member
    edited January 20

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

All of our Dedicated Servers including some Budget Dedicated include 10Gbps true unmetered starting from $59.99/mo.

Wow, 10G unmetered in Tokyo for $140, that's insane considering it's APAC. That's 3300TB of JP bandwidth

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • @Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Wow, 10G unmetered in Tokyo for $140, that's insane considering it's APAC. That's 3300TB of JP bandwidth

There must be a catch 😆 Not sure if you can pull up more than 1Gbps constant with such old hardware

Thanked by 1oddmario
  • @Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Tokyo or not, that's the craziest deal I've found 🤨

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Awesome, glad you've found us :smile:

@hyena56 said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

There must be a catch 😆 Not sure if you can pull up more than 1Gbps constant with such old hardware

We get a lot of spare bandwidth from other services which we might as well use on dedicated machines. There's no catch.

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Yeah it's insane!

Thanked by 1dieterf
  • @LeifurGunnarsson said:

@oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@hyena56 said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

We get a lot of spare bandwidth from other services which we might as well use on dedicated machines. There's no catch.

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Yeah it's insane!

Path.net?

• @hyena56 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@hyena56 said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Yeah it's insane!

Path.net?

looks like it, I am actually testing them alongside a few other ones that got mentioned here. got it setup instantly and waiting for the OS installation at the moment

Thanked by 1allthemtings
  • @oddmario said:

@hyena56 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@hyena56 said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Yeah it's insane!

Path.net?

looks like it, I am actually testing them alongside a few other ones that got mentioned here. got it setup instantly and waiting for the OS installation at the moment

Please run 10G 24/7 and let us know the results. Thank you

Thanked by 11gservers
  • oddmariooddmario Member
    edited January 20

@Moopah said:

@oddmario said:

@hyena56 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@hyena56 said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

Yeah it's insane!

Path.net?

Please run 10G 24/7 and let us know the results. Thank you

😭 actually the OS installation has finished but their firewall interface is confusing me a bit
    I can't seem to allow access to all the ports if I wanted to, they force you to enable only the ports you want. and I enabled port 22 TCP a couple of minutes ago but I still cannot SSH into the server, despite how the VNC console shows that the SSH server is up and listening on 0.0.0.0:22

EDIT: I got it. it looks like I have to whitelist just my public IP address, whitelisting the 0.0.0.0/0 CIDR wouldn't work. I hope that's a security restriction just for the SSH port

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

That pricing is in-line for ~100TB @ 10Gbps. We'd be in a similar $65-75/mo range for a lower spec dedi w/100TB @ 10Gbps.

When you're shopping, you'll kind of see two different ways of presenting these deals:

• Unmetered 10G for pennies
    • XYZ TB @ 10Gbps for reasonable pricing

The first one (unmetered) will always have a 'fair share' or usage policy attached to it. Especially with a proxy, go and push the bandwidth you'll be booted or throttled before the end of your first month. We've recently had an influx of customers running some sort of proxy/game sites that push quite a bit of traffic and had that exact issue happen with their existing host.

From my (host side) point of view, I'd rather just sell you a commit that you can use fully, no questions asked. It's a little less glamorous up-front on paper but you're getting 100TB and I know what my 'worst case' exposure is, no uncomfortable e-mails to someone about "I know we said unmetered... buuuut..".

As a very generalized rule of thumb: your average cost to a host is ~$500/mo+ for a 10G DIA (~3300TB/mo). If you know where your actual usage is, keep those numbers in mind when looking at deals.

Thanked by 2maverick Patriarch
  • @crunchbits said:

@oddmario said:
    Hello,

That pricing is in-line for ~100TB @ 10Gbps. We'd be in a similar $65-75/mo range for a lower spec dedi w/100TB @ 10Gbps.

When you're shopping, you'll kind of see two different ways of presenting these deals:

• Unmetered 10G for pennies
    • XYZ TB @ 10Gbps for reasonable pricing

The first one (unmetered) will always have a 'fair share' or usage policy attached to it. Especially with a proxy, go and push the bandwidth you'll be booted or throttled before the end of your first month. We've recently had an influx of customers running some sort of proxy/game sites that push quite a bit of traffic and had that exact issue happen with their existing host.

From my (host side) point of view, I'd rather just sell you a commit that you can use fully, no questions asked. It's a little less glamorous up-front on paper but you're getting 100TB and I know what my 'worst case' exposure is, no uncomfortable e-mails to someone about "I know we said unmetered... buuuut..".

As a very generalized rule of thumb: your average cost to a host is ~$500/mo+ for a 10G DIA (~3300TB/mo). If you know where your actual usage is, keep those numbers in mind when looking at deals.

I also use the same criteria of $400-$600 for true unmetered 10G DIA (no strings attached).
    I'd rather have the provider be explicit on unmetered offers on the true limits or fair use policies upfront. No that I use any bandwidth anyways

• @oddmario said:

@Moopah said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

You shouldn't be skipping the "Tokyo" part, that holds a lot more weight compared to other 10G offers.

Thanked by 1PineappleM