Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The dilemma b/w owning & leasing!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The dilemma b/w owning & leasing!

Hi LET!

Recently I have come across a few Lease to own(LTO) offers here; I was smitten by one such offer from @crunchbits ; The thought of idling my own hardware rather than someone else's fascinates me.

What I am interested in knowing is how cost effective it would be in the long run and what benefits it can offer above and beyond just renting a dedicated server (assuming such a server won't be an overkill).
Are there any cons I should be worried about?

Lastly, are there any juicy offers that I should have a look at when it comes to LTO, I am just interested in window shopping as it is way beyond my budget.

Regards

Comments

• bootboot Member

Debian

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • I think the real question here would be what advantage you'd get from LTO over plain colocation. Do you really care if at some point a package containing a noisy, bulky and severely outdated server will appear on your doorstep?

Thanked by 1anand_1z