Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...yea. Onto the next one. Need a VPS with 16GB/120GB/1Gbit (NOT US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So...yea. Onto the next one. Need a VPS with 16GB/120GB/1Gbit (NOT US)

As you all know whats going on with iHostArt, I dont plan to renew. This was my first month and gonna be the last too with him(unless he does something to turn the mood around which isn't possible with my budget).

NOT US.
My priority for spec:
Asia > Europe > Australia.
India > Singapore > UK > RO(no Hazi, ty) > NL > Finland > Germany > Hetzner's Germany/Finland > Japan.

Dedicated cores are strongly preferred for reasons mentioned below, but if not available, the frequency better be high.
Must have atleast 1 IPv6. The bigger the better.

Here's the dealbreaker. A max of $10 USD/month. The spec are in title, and it should be KVM. I know I'm asking too much but I'm looking for a reliable long term provider. Remember, the priority is what I'm after. The lower you are in chain of priority, the better VPS I expect. And depending on your service, I might upgrade to a larger tier later on(5-6 months of use).

Use case: CPU based LLM(personal use only, so dont worry, I'm not gonna melt your CPUs) and maybe seedbox(DMCA ignorable is preferred).

PS: Not expecting alot of responses with my cheapish budget but might just throw my luck around. If you are not comfortable with publicly offering me a personal quota, you can message me(but only if you have provider tag).

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@shaikhmanal said:
    India > Singapore > UK > RO(no Hazi, ty) > NL > Finland > Germany > Hetzner's Germany/Finland > Japan.

Japan is not in Australia.

Thanked by 2Porlam shruub
  • @yoursunny said:

@shaikhmanal said:

Japan is not in Australia.

I know but second list is meant to be country specific rather than in line with continent(the coincidental lineup of countries wrt to continent preference was not intended).

• Maybe you could wait till this April, and see if @hosthatch will offer some $12/mo monster in Singapore.

Thanked by 1shaikhmanal
  • @noisycode said:
    Maybe you could wait till this April, and see if @hosthatch will offer some $12/mo monster in Singapore.

Hey, can you tell me the spec or link me up of any previous offers? Cant seem to find it in his post history.

• nvmenvme Member
    edited January 19

@shaikhmanal said:

@noisycode said:
    Maybe you could wait till this April, and see if @hosthatch will offer some $12/mo monster in Singapore.

Hey, can you tell me the spec or link me up of any previous offers? Cant seem to find it in his post history.

This one - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191408/very-limited-christmas-offers-nvme-storage-in-us-eu-and-apac/p1
    The $10 one was for $12 in SGP.
    They usually post threads, and not do flash sales.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 19

We generally tend to stay as far away as possible from the DMCA-free crowd. Nothing to do with my or anyone else's personal opinions in my company, but the human cost of dealing with DMCAs (or any other similar stuff) is too much compared to the small profit we make on these plans.

I appreciate the recommendation but we won't be the best fit for the "DMCA ignorable is preferred" requirement.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @hosthatch said:
    We generally tend to stay as far away as possible from the DMCA-free crowd. Nothing to do with my or anyone else's personal opinions in my company, but the human cost of dealing with DMCAs (or any other similar stuff) is too much compared to the small profit we make on these plans.

I appreciate the recommendation but we won't be the best fit for the "DMCA ignorable is preferred" requirement.

I mean your storage provided aren't very useful for activities that are "DMCA ignorable". With that said, how about VDS? Your closest 1DC and 3 FSC (Dedicated core and Fair Share core) is cool but any chance for 2 DC and 16 GB RAM? Of course, no DMCA activity.

• LisoLiso Member

@hosthatch said:

Is downloading public tracker torrent allowed in your server ?

• High frequency(Ryzen or Consumer CPU) , high ram (16G) , high storage (160GB), prob Unmetered BW(Seedbox) plus DMCA Ignore for 10e/m is pure loss

If you exclude some stuff , maybe hope someone transfer you for this deal
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191316/christmas-epyc-kvm-deal-for-8-90-per-month/p1

or OVH Kimsufi

• @shaikhmanal said:
    Use case: CPU based LLM

16 GB RAM?

• if you use private trackers, you're pretty much in the clear

• With 16 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 6 vCore AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    • 20 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    • 200 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    • 10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    • IPv6/64 included
    • 1 Backup slot included
    • Hosted in Falkenstein, Germany

For $9.67 / month (yearly cycle). See product specs (aff)

With 8 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 4 vCore AMD Ryzen 3900 / Intel i9-12900K / Intel Xeon Gold 5142u
    • 8 GB DDR4/5 ECC RAM
    • 125 GB NVMe Gen4 SSD Storage
    • 10000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    • 1 IPv6/64
    • 1 Backup slot included

For $4.42 / month (yearly cycle). See product specs (aff)

• @davide said:
    With 16 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 20 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    • IPv6/64 included
    • 1 Backup slot included

With 8 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 8 GB DDR4/5 ECC RAM
    • 1 IPv6/64
    • 1 Backup slot included

It's hosted on Hetzner, they don't ignore DMCA

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 19

@strictlyparmesan said:
    It's hosted on Hetzner, they don't ignore DMCA

Yep but that was an optional. Otherwise there's nothing. Maybe two VPSs could fit each its own role at a contained price.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited January 19

@hosthatch said:

Sure. Sorry about that, I thought DMCA-free is optional, but apparently it's not.

@strictlyparmesan said: It's hosted on Hetzner, they don't ignore DMCA

I see. No offence, but DMCA-free requirement is not very popular here. Calin might still be your best bet. As an alternative, you may repost this on some Chinese forums.

• @kenjing789 said:
    High frequency(Ryzen or Consumer CPU) , high ram (16G) , high storage (160GB), prob Unmetered BW(Seedbox) plus DMCA Ignore for 10e/m is pure loss

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191316/christmas-epyc-kvm-deal-for-8-90-per-month/p1

or OVH Kimsufi

This one was just perfect. Except its no longer available.

• @davide said:

@shaikhmanal said:
    Use case: CPU based LLM

16 GB RAM?

Yes. There are so many models that can run on RAM as low as 8GB and even 4GB.

• @davide said:
    With 16 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 20 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    • IPv6/64 included
    • 1 Backup slot included

With 8 GB memory:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 8 GB DDR4/5 ECC RAM
    • 1 IPv6/64
    • 1 Backup slot included

Sadly vCores... I need atleast 2 dedicated.

• @kenjing789 said:
    High frequency(Ryzen or Consumer CPU) , high ram (16G) , high storage (160GB), prob Unmetered BW(Seedbox) plus DMCA Ignore for 10e/m is pure loss

or OVH Kimsufi

DMCA one is optional. The dealbreakers are RAM and dedicated core. Bandwidth must be 5TB+ per month(if not DMCA ignored).

• For your budget, oneprovider is your best bet. Including dmca free ting

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 19

Dedicated cores become way more expensive. Perhaps you may do the heavy lifting with your home computer's CPU and somehow bridge it to a VPS if needed.

• Specify your usecase, don't use vague statements like 'maybe' as you'll definitely struggle in looking for the machine you want

If you want DMCA free, @Calin is your guy
    If you want dedicated cores, @hosthatch @labze @crunchbits are your peeps. Note that VDS are expensive and rarely go on sale. Hosthatch did an EPYC sale with 2 dedicated cores, 4 shared and 24gb RAM last month for 10$ with 50TB bandwidth

If you want all for 10$ then oneprovider lol as it also has unmetered bandwidth

There are always compromises

• @strictlyparmesan said:
    For your budget, oneprovider is your best bet. Including dmca free ting

Oneprovider has far too many options. Can you point me to a link please?

• dosaidosai Member

@Liso said:

@hosthatch said:

Is downloading public tracker torrent allowed in your server ?

Isn't it obvious based on his response?

• @shaikhmanal said:

@strictlyparmesan said:
    For your budget, oneprovider is your best bet. Including dmca free ting

Oneprovider has far too many options. Can you point me to a link please?

Pick one country that's the nearest to you. Note that Asia is more expensive. France, Germany or Amsterdam is usually your best bet as EU countries have cheaper bandwidth.

From there just pick with your CPU of choice according to your mentioned budget. Options are limited as its only 10 usd. If it were 20 then you'd have more choices.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Doesn't tick all your boxes but comes close:

6 vCore AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    20 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    200 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    IPv4 & IPv6/64 included
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Falkenstein, Germany

€10.5/month

https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/nyeflash/?group_id=57&currency=EUR

(No public torrents allowed)

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Node 16GB G2
    6 EPYC Cores / 16GB DDR4 ECC / 140GB NVMe / 10Gbit/s

11€ per month including /56 IPv6 + /32 IPv4.
    Torrenting is not allowed however

• @shaikhmanal said:
    As you all know whats going on with iHostArt, I dont plan to renew. This was my first month and gonna be the last too with him(unless he does something to turn the mood around which isn't possible with my budget).

NOT US.
    My priority for spec:

Dedicated cores are strongly preferred for reasons mentioned below, but if not available, the frequency better be high.
    Must have atleast 1 IPv6. The bigger the better.

Here's the dealbreaker. A max of $10 USD/month. The spec are in title, and it should be KVM. I know I'm asking too much but I'm looking for a reliable long term provider. Remember, the priority is what I'm after. The lower you are in chain of priority, the better VPS I expect. And depending on your service, I might upgrade to a larger tier later on(5-6 months of use).

Use case: CPU based LLM(personal use only, so dont worry, I'm not gonna melt your CPUs) and maybe seedbox(DMCA ignorable is preferred).

PS: Not expecting alot of responses with my cheapish budget but might just throw my luck around. If you are not comfortable with publicly offering me a personal quota, you can message me(but only if you have provider tag).

4 vCores CPU - C1V Basic
    16GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    120GB SSD NVMe PCIe
    10TB @ 1Gbps
    10 IPv6 addresses (IPv6-only)

$10/mo VAT incl.

• Not DMCA ignored, but netcup and a bunch of other German providers offer dedicated cores for cheap:

https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/

4x Epyc 7702 and 8GB of RAM for 11.76EUR/mo, and less if you apply for VAT exemption if you reside outside of EU.