Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS or Dedicated Server for hosting 7 Days to Die modded - 16 players
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS or Dedicated Server for hosting 7 Days to Die modded - 16 players

y4nn1cky4nn1ck Member
edited January 15 in Requests

As the title says,

Looking for either a VPS or dedicated box for hosting a 7 Days to Die server for 16~ players.

Requirements:
16+GB of ram
Ability to run Windows Server
CPU capable of handling gaming

Willing to pay up to 30 euro a month.

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@y4nn1ck said:
    As the title says,

Looking for either a VPS or dedicated box for hosting a 7 Days to Die server for 16~ players.

Requirements:
    16+GB of ram

Location?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@y4nn1ck said:
    As the title says,

Requirements:
    16+GB of ram

Location?

Right, I tought I forgot something. EU, preferably Germany or Netherlands.

Edited my post as well.

• Checkout Avoro.eu. You can get a dedicated cores there for a cheap price good for your software and has some DDoS Protection for you in case of some DDoS attacks

Thanked by 1y4nn1ck
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited January 15

@hyena56 said:
    Checkout Avoro.eu. You can get a dedicated cores there for a cheap price good for your software and has some DDoS Protection for you in case of some DDoS attacks

Cheap ? I can only see they started at €134 I think you mean VPS they are cheap and good. But if you want dedicated go for Hetzner ord checkout Worldstream in Netherlands

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@y4nn1ck said:
    As the title says,

Requirements:
    16+GB of ram

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    4 CPU
    16GB DDR4
    200GB NVME
    10TB Bandwidth
    Hypevisor VMware
    1 IPV4
    NL

I can help you with this

• MrRetslavMrRetslav Member, Host Rep
    edited January 15

We can do this in the Netherlands:

• 8 vCore
    • 16 Gb DDR4 RAM
    • 128 GB SSD Raid3
    • 1 IPv4
    • 2.5+ Tbps DDoS-Protection
    • 1 Gbps Up/Down
    • 32 TB Bandwidth
    • Windows Supported (Custom ISO also Supported)
    • Easy Ram Upgradable

For just: €19.99 or €199.90/yr
    Order Now

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:
    Checkout Avoro.eu. You can get a dedicated cores there for a cheap price good for your software and has some DDoS Protection for you in case of some DDoS attacks

Cheap ? I can only see they started at €134 I think you mean VPS they are cheap and good. But if you want dedicated go for Hetzner ord checkout Worldstream in Netherlands

Mate, read the title. VPS or Dedicated 😅

• @hyena56 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:

I see I thought you mentioned the dedicated servers they start at 134 :p, there service is indeed good got 2 running vps there

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:

I see I thought you mentioned the dedicated servers they start at 134 :p, there service is indeed good got 2 running vps there

Nah, its true though its little bit pricey for their Dedicated Servers line but there is also with like Dedicated Cores enough to call Mini Dedi though

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 15

Hello @y4nn1ck check our deals < https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

We have dedicated cores , and windows server support
    CPU it's from new generation "Xeon gold" And we own hardware :smiley:

16 GB Ram DDr4 ECC
    8 Dedicated CPU (Intel® Xeon® Gold 6148)
    200 GB SSD SAS RAID 10
    12 TB Bandwidth/month
    Romania/Hunedoara/Orastie Location
    1 Gbps speed
    Port 25 open permanently
    99.97% Uptime
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    KVM VIrtualization
    Upload own ISO
    Linux or Windows
    Allow install SeedBox
    Allow install Plex or other
    Allow public torrent
    Blockchain node allow
    Allow adult content websites
    For crypto payment please open ticket on website

19.69 euros , order link > https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

Regards,
    Calin

• @hyena56 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@hyena56 said:

Nah, its true though its little bit pricey for their Dedicated Servers line but there is also with like Dedicated Cores enough to call Mini Dedi though

True there root server line performes very good ! I use the cheapest one for a Windows VPS line speed is very good also.

• gsea4gsea4 Member
    edited January 15

You can check out Hostbrr offers in Germany, they are doing a 25% off with coupon code FLASHSTART

For 16GB Ram, it's €28.45

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191921/hostbrr-amd-ryzen-5950x-7950xd-flash-deals-6-vcore-20-gb-ram-only-8/p1

Link (non-aff): https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/vps7950/?group_id=14

8 vCore AMD Ryzen 9 7950XD
    16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    40000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    1 IPv4 & IPv6/64 included
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Falkenstein, Germany

Aff link

edited January 15

@gsea4 said:
    You can check out Hostbrr offers in Germany, they are doing a 25% off with coupon code FLASHSTART

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191921/hostbrr-amd-ryzen-5950x-7950xd-flash-deals-6-vcore-20-gb-ram-only-8/p1

16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included

Aff link

Lol he can buy a Hetzner server himself for this kind of money what is the use of buying from a middle man if he can buy it himself, don't see the logic here my friend. Or you try to advertise your aff link or something

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@gsea4 said:

16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included

Aff link

Lol he can buy a Hetzner server himself for this kind of money what is the use of buying from a middle man if he can buy it himself, don't see the logic here my friend. Or you try to advertise your aff link or something

The single core performance of this machine will outperform hetzners cloud offering, assuming someone else on the box isn't using it all, usually important for game servers.

edited January 15

@bgerard said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@gsea4 said:

16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included

Aff link

The single core performance of this machine will outperform hetzners cloud offering, assuming someone else on the box isn't using it all, usually important for game servers.

Iam not talking about cloud, he can buy a dedicated server for that money at Hetzner and it will outperform your shared Ryzen core with noisy neighbors , and he will have a 1gbit dedicated to him instead of sharing with 10 others, so again what you say doesn't make sense.

• @gsea4 said: You can check out Hostbrr offers in Germany, they are doing a 25% off with coupon code FLASHSTART

I love Hostbrr.

• @sillycat said:

@gsea4 said: You can check out Hostbrr offers in Germany, they are doing a 25% off with coupon code FLASHSTART

I love Hostbrr.

For some people it's good, but I buy directly servers at Hetzner only if you need a small VPS it's worth it.

• sillycatsillycat Member
    edited January 15

@WhiteRoseG said: if you need a small VPS it's worth it

Nope. You've clearly never seen a Hostbrr deal.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@bgerard said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@gsea4 said:

16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included

Aff link

Iam not talking about cloud, he can buy a dedicated server for that money at Hetzner and it will outperform your shared Ryzen core with noisy neighbors , and he will have a 1gbit dedicated to him instead of sharing with 10 others, so again what you say doesn't make sense.

Granted these aren't dedicated, but a 7950XD will outperform an i7-6700 or E3-1275V5 in single threaded workloads. If you assume people aren't smashing the whole cpu all the time, it probably works out more performant.

• @bgerard said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bgerard said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@gsea4 said:

16 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    300 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included

Aff link

Granted these aren't dedicated, but a 7950XD will outperform an i7-6700 or E3-1275V5 in single threaded workloads. If you assume people aren't smashing the whole cpu all the time, it probably works out more performant.

Exactly it's always the question who your neighbors are . So if you don't want to take this risk just go dedicated.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited January 15

@RoyaleHosting
    6 vCores (2x Xeon Gold 6248R)
    24GB Ram
    300GB NVMe
    GSL 2.5Tbps DDoS Protection
    25TB BW @ 1Gbit
    30 eur VAT included.

edited January 15

@sillycat said:

@WhiteRoseG said: if you need a small VPS it's worth it

Nope. You've clearly never seen a Hostbrr deal.

I did, it are Hetzner servers so I dunno what you mean everything they have I can buy at Hetzner. Only when I want a piece of a specific kind of CPU (Ryzen) It would be worth looking but still I won't take it because, the problem with reselling Hetzner servers is that the line speed is 1gbit, 10gbit is pretty expensive and they only give 20tb bandwidth or something so ik thing if you are with 10 people on the node the line will get pretty crowded and you will notice this.

• Hetzner is cool and all but for a game server definitely gonna need some good DDoS protection.

• @concept said:
    Hetzner is cool and all but for a game server definitely gonna need some good DDoS protection.

Yes that's what I also was thinking, take a look at Avoro.eu they have some rootservers with dedicated cores and ddos protection maybe that is also worth checking.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • HosmaticHosmatic Member, Host Rep

Hey y4nn1ck, our KVM-A61 package contains the following:

Storage: 125 GB (NVME, Raid 5)
    RAM: 16 GB
    vCores: 5 (AMD EPYC 7443P)
    Backups: 5
    Traffic: 1TB (not hard-capped, fair-use)
    Arbor Sightline DDoS Protection
    1x IPv4-Address
    1x /64 IPv6

For 16,95€/month
    Check offer

LookingGlass
    Benchmark

Windows Server possible, we do not provide the license.

We offer a large variety of features, such as firewall, full API-Support, virtual networks, scheduled tasks & much more directly manageable via our self-developed dashboard. You can even directly share your service with your friends using the "teams" feature.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited January 15

@y4nn1ck said:
    As the title says,

Requirements:
    16+GB of ram

DEDICATED SERVER

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2640v4
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 ECC
    DISKS: 2x 300GB SSD SAS 10K
    UPLINK: 50TB @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4, /48 IPv6
    Remote Management Panel

€20/mo VAT incl.

• y4nn1cky4nn1ck Member
    edited January 15

I must add, I currently rent this

4vCPU • Ryzen 5900x
    16GB • RAM
    120GB • NVMe Storage
    1 • IPv4 Address
    1 • IPv6 /64 Subnet
    8TB • Bandwidth

and it's under performing heavily. I need something that can handle the load steadily that I put it under while gaming .Ram use seems to be at 14/15GB at max. CPU loads seem to spike to 80 when there's over 9 players on, and people start having major lag issues.

• That's why you need dedicated. Try Avoro.eu or Hetzner Dedicated Server (Server Auction)

Thanked by 1Hosmatic
  • HosmaticHosmatic Member, Host Rep

@y4nn1ck said:

4vCPU • Ryzen 5900x
    16GB • RAM
    120GB • NVMe Storage
    1 • IPv4 Address
    1 • IPv6 /64 Subnet
    8TB • Bandwidth

and it's under performing heavily. I need something that can handle the load steadily that I put it under while gaming .Ram use seems to be at 14/15GB at max. CPU loads seem to spike to 80 when there's over 9 players on, and people start having major lag issues.

Is it actually the hardware which isn't suitable? Have you checked CPU-Steal and made a yabs? Maybe the provider is having some issues... overprovisioning for example.

• @Hosmatic said:

@y4nn1ck said:

4vCPU • Ryzen 5900x
    16GB • RAM
    120GB • NVMe Storage
    1 • IPv4 Address
    1 • IPv6 /64 Subnet
    8TB • Bandwidth

Is it actually the hardware which isn't suitable? Have you checked CPU-Steal and made a yabs? Maybe the provider is having some issues... overprovisioning for example.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I think it's the CPU not being able to keep up, or someone else on my box pushing his CPU over the top causing lag on my side. I'll have to look into the hetzner server auction but it's a bit over my budget.