Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think is the best free Web Hosting panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think is the best free Web Hosting panel?

We've all been there: either we have a VPS and we want to make things simple, or we're starting a web hosting business and we'd prefer not paying for the main commercial ones.

So, in the interest of users and providers alike, I launch this poll.

I also include a second question on choosing between a commercial panel and a free panel, for the enduser.

Web Hosting
  1. What is the best free web hosting panel?83 votes
    1. Cloudpanel
      13.25%
    2. Cyberpanel
      12.05%
    3. AAPanel
        7.23%
    4. HestiaCP
      26.51%
    5. VestaCP
        3.61%
    6. ISPConfig
        4.82%
    7. Webmin/Virtualmin
      10.84%
    8. Other
      21.69%
  2. Do you think that any customer would trade CPanel for a free one if other services were better?83 votes
    1. Yes, even if the services were the same
      15.66%
    2. Yes, with better services
        9.64%
    3. Yes, with better price
      15.66%
    4. Probably
      20.48%
    5. No, CPanel / Plesk / Directadmin is Cpanel / Plesk / Directadmin
      31.33%
    6. Other, please specify
        7.23%

Comments

• IMO, if you aim to provide better service, you can afford a CPanel/Plesk/DA license.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited January 14

I replied with Other -> KeyHelp. In my oppinion is the best free control panel from an enduser point of view. Also as an admin I will choose KeyHelp from the free ones, very easy to mantain and manage.

Thanked by 2RapToN dedicados
  • Ah this topic again... 🍿

Thanked by 2COLBYLICIOUS emgh
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 14

There is no free control panel that could make for "better service" than paid ones.

You lose well-known UI, you lose all online tutorials about then, you lose labor that is really experienced and worst of all you lose all stability of longterm business - all these free panels will be dead before paid ones will be.

Free panels are amazing if you are the one managing it and you know your stuff.

Clueless customers will cost you more with free panel, as they will create a lot more tickets cause there is 0 help and tutorials online.

And good luck with providing migrations to customers. Not only today with some updated V5.42beta7 updated tool from GitHub, but every time without any additional work from you.

I think CloudPanel is best of free panels and I use it, but even backups are nothing compared to cPanel with JetBackup. No granularity, no settings, just straightup filesystem backup to S3 and thats all. Its enough for me, but for customer that wants to import their cPanel Wordpress? Good luck

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited January 14

For me, I think that KeyHelp checks most of the requirements: it is a proprietary control panel used by a german hosting company, and it's tested this way in production (they claim that it is used on 37 shared hosting servers that they own). It seems a stable product for as long as their company will continue to use it for shared hosting. Thier backup seems to be more advanced than a simple tar. The only thing that is missing (but it's available as a paid option) is the script installer.

Today I tested Spanel, because I read a lot of good reviews and I was excited to see how this panel works, but I was dissapointed. I think that half of the functions that KeyHelp offers for free are not implemented in Spanel.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • By the way, here you can find almost every control panel reviewed: https://quantumwarp.com/kb/articles/64-cpanel/1001-cpanel-alternatives-and-linux-web-interfaces

• @alexroeu said:
    For me, I think that KeyHelp checks most of the requirements: it is a proprietary control panel used by a german hosting company, and it's tested this way in production (they claim that it is used on 37 shared hosting servers that they own). It seems a stable product for as long as their company will continue to use it for shared hosting. Thier backup seems to be more advanced than a simple tar. The only thing that is missing (but it's available as a paid option) is the script installer.

Today I tested Spanel, because I read a lot of good reviews and I was excited to see how this panel works, but I was dissapointed. I think that half of the functions that KeyHelp offers for free are not implemented in Spanel.

Keypanel and even Control Web Panel seem quite interesting to me.

• HestiaCP for sure.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

Why people still puting VestaCP when HestiaCP is the same or probably better?

Where is keyhelp control panel?

• @sandoz said:
    Why people still puting VestaCP when HestiaCP is the same or probably better?

Where is keyhelp control panel?

It isn't because I forgot, but could be voted in "Others".

• @sasslik said:
    HestiaCP for sure.

It is 2024 now and Hestia still does not support ipv6.
    I love Hestia but that's a total dealbreaker.

Thanked by 2sasslik Falzo
  • I've been using CloudPanel for a month now and love it. Exactly what I need.

Hestia is also a good alternative.

• @Wicked said:
    I've been using CloudPanel for a month now and love it. Exactly what I need.

Hestia is also a good alternative.

On CloudPanel the most frustrating thing for me is that I can't restore an backup through an single button, that's all.

• MyHandsOnPutty panel

• @rcy026 said:

@sasslik said:
    HestiaCP for sure.

It is 2024 now and Hestia still does not support ipv6.
    I love Hestia but that's a total dealbreaker.

Yeaa, true.

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited January 15

Not a hosting panel as such, but I have been using cleavr.io. Makes it very quick and easy to set up a LNMP server and create users/sites/databases etc. Not free, but cheap.

• +keyhelp

• Thanked by 1NessaCat
  • Looks interesting

• Looks good testing this now, thx.

• what happened with www.aapanel.com

it was a good panel, but then i dont know, all going to chinese, i will test it again.

• KeyHelp looks nice, let me try it

• solarmansolarman Member

Sometimes I use both Webmin (for admin) and KeyHelp (for the customer)

• DazzleDazzle Member

IkiPanel

• hapkidohapkido Member

Interesting Software