Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress people I need some help.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress people I need some help.

Would anyone know how to set muitiple images as a background and have them change when the page is refreshed or a new page is gone to?

I don't think there is a plugin that can do this. I may be wrong on that tho.

Comments

• Scratch that I have found a plugin that can do this. It's called full background for anyone curious.

Thanked by 3xaoc bikegremlin scooke
  • kdjmakdjma Member

Do you have a link, I must be blink I can't see it.

• use image urls as array, shuffle, echo one as background using shortcode

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • @kdjma said:
    Do you have a link, I must be blink I can't see it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/full-background/

I did some updating to it today and my version can now set where you want the background, if it's stretched or relative, and if it scrolls with the page or not. I'll upload it to my forms ans share link later if you want.

The version from them is super barebones. Paste image link in and it just uses and rotates them. No size options or sticky.

• 4te564te56 Member

@ItsAsylum said:
    Scratch that I have found a plugin that can do this. It's called full background for anyone curious.

Glad that you found a plugin to pull it off, however in my experience working with WordPress in the past, more plugins doesn't always mean a better experience in the long run. You're essentially trusting someone else to run code on your site in order to accomplish a single task. Handy when the plugin/package/script/etc provides extended functionality that can in itself be extended on to build what you want, but not so much when loading a whole plugin just to replicate something that could be done with less than an hour of programming.

Like @MMMMMM said, there's most likely a quick-n-dirty programming solution to accomplish what you want to do without installing "yet another" plugin, plus you'll get deeper insight into how you want the functionality of "multiple background images" to integrate with your theme and backend. Good luck!

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • Sometimes I create my own plugins, just to use functions that only needed rather than installing plugins and have unused features. Wordpress with many plugins is resource beast. Bad-coded plugin, unused function, and duplicate queries can drastically decrease performance when you do performance profiling.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin