Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS exit node as Home Network bandwidth usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS exit node as Home Network bandwidth usage

I'm facing per day 50GB of data used from my home network for simple chrome browser running for 24/7 interacting with one application that doesn't have much size in data. For VPS that are being connected through home network as exit node will use high bandwidth and please help me to reduce that

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

So your using a VPS as a VPN for your home network?
    And your VPS is showing your using 50GB of bandwidth a day?

If yes to both those questions. Any data that you ask Lets say going to Youtube.com it has to do the following. Youtube -> VPS (IN) -> VPS(OUT) -> Your Home.

In this case you are doubling your usage.

At lease that's my understanding of your setup.

Thanked by 2host_c RapToN
  • I don't use VPS as exit node, I'm using home network as exit node for vps.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@praburam said:
    I don't use VPS as exit node, I'm using home network as exit node for vps.

Still same concept applies.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • benchbench Member

Have you tried to turn it off and keep that way?

You didn't provide any important information that could be used for useful advice.

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited January 12

The description of your setup is not very clear. In any case, are you using some sort of remote desktop or X11 forwarding to connect to the chrome browser? If so, then the transferring of the display data will result in additional bandwidth usage.

• @tmntwitw said:
    The description of your setup is not very clear. In any case, are you using some sort of remote desktop or X11 forwarding to connect to the chrome browser? If so, then the transferring of the display data will result in additional bandwidth usage.

yep it's using Display with VNC. I have created another user on router with speed of 1MBPS so that it can use only less than 10GB of data per day from my home router 😁